Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:42:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: updated start your own coin source code question  (Read 746 times)
ajmcello (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:56:21 AM

Does anyone have the source from coingen.io to generate bitcoins? It was originally posted here at http://coingen.bluematt.me/build/f6ae0f64.zip but I believe coingen.io made it easier to use? Anyway, thanks in advance.

Apocalipsis

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:39:26 AM

Does anyone have the source from coingen.io to generate bitcoins? It was originally posted here at http://coingen.bluematt.me/build/f6ae0f64.zip but I believe coingen.io made it easier to use? Anyway, thanks in advance.

Nice try) Smiley

It's not so easy to build new coin,except if you just want to change the Name of the coin,and some other parameters.
ajmcello (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:06:42 PM

Ah, I see. I was looking at some others here, looks like one started in 2011, maybe I will check that out. Seems like coingen might be easier, and was recently updated. I read the story and It was available for 0.01 BTC, but recently, at least as of yesterday, the person who made the updates the the free version changed it to .05 BTC, so I thought that was too much. Since there was no licensing issues, I thought I would ask if someone might want to email me a copy anyhow. :-)

Nice try) Smiley

It's not so easy to build new coin,except if you just want to change the Name of the coin,and some other parameters.
Sharrow

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

It would be interesting to see the code it churns out but even if you did have a copy of the code you'd probably have to change a lot of stuff to get it to function properly, judging by other threads in here.

You would be at exactly the same point if you started at the beginning of one of the altcoin creation guides. At least with the code in the guides, you know other people have used it and succeeded in getting a working coin.

Also, there's little point even trying to modify coingen.io code unless you're sure you can compile the wallets yourself. Getting other posters in here to do it could set you back a lot more than 0.05BTC, which in all honesty seems like a bargain for the amount of work you would need to put in otherwise.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: