Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:00:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is Bitcoin largely used on deep web?  (Read 467 times)
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:53:35 PM

is bitcoin largely used on the deep web because of the anonymity it offers and is it the only payment method available if your shopping on deep web or there are some other payment method aside from bitcoin and how big bitcoin is on deep web?
Yes ofcourse...If you ever browsed dark net then you can see that everywhere only Bitcoin is accepted...Infact the bitcoin mixer makes a huge profit as they make bitcoins more anonymous which is also used in dark web.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomborneque_1102

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

I don't know how Bitcoin often Used by the deep web. all I know that it is the main payment method or the currency to pay any transactions from the deep web.that's why I was so scared to be part of the crypto world before. especially when I heard about it.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:16:57 PM

is bitcoin largely used on the deep web because of the anonymity it offers and is it the only payment method available if your shopping on deep web or there are some other payment method aside from bitcoin and how big bitcoin is on deep web?
Yes ofcourse...If you ever browsed dark net then you can see that everywhere only Bitcoin is accepted...Infact the bitcoin mixer makes a huge profit as they make bitcoins more anonymous which is also used in dark web.

Before, bitcoin is popular on dark web. All illegal transaction was there and bitcoin was being use for its anonymous transaction. But  when the Silk Road was busted by FBI, slowly bitcoins influence subside. But I think, bitcoin is still being use there but as of now, there are many secured coin to be use as an option. We dont know, what coin they are sought after nd being use now.

Open for Campaigns
leonidas89

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:24:07 PM

Well this definitely used to be the case in the past, in fact the deep Web used to be the biggest utility of Bitcoin, and what largely drove the Bitcoin economy.

However this is no longer the case- traders/ investors are now by far the biggest users of BTC and deep web folk have moved on to using Monero mainly as its truly anonymous unlike Bitcoin which is pseudonymous (you can be linked by your wallet address).
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:37:26 PM

I really haven't been in a deep web but I think for sure bitcoin is also there and being traded or being used to buy or sell online as a currency but who really knows right? until you go there for yourself but the thing is it is really risky and there could be hackers waiting for you and maybe hack your computer or laptop to get more coins so there are so many things in the dark web. For us to know if they are actually using bitcoin we can ask those who has experience going in the deep web but i do think that they are really using it there.
northstarh

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:41:54 PM

Bitcoin is convenient, all it's transactions are done on the Internet, the trader is almost an anonymous. So, bitcoin is widely used in deep web, many people use bitcoin in illegal activities.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
PAES23

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 08:01:29 PM

Yes. Deepweb have so many transaction that is dangerous, there's a reason why you can't just easily access the dark web, there are so many information that not everyone is allowed to know, so you must be anonymous. Bitcoin is a safe transaction where everyone will be anonymous. So they're using bitcoin.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:03:13 PM

In this day and age you'd have to be pretty stupid to use Bitcoin for anything dodgy. We know plenty about how good their tracing is which means there's plenty they're not telling us about that's even better.

Stuff with baked in anonymity is available. I certainly wouldn't use anything else if I were up to cheekiness.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:38:49 AM

it seems that bitcoin has not been too widely used for deep web may exist but not too much because bitcoin itself is also still not many people who understand how to use it.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:46:43 AM

It's probably used there a lot, though I have no personal experience with it.  However I think its biggest use is among speculators, because most people who get into bitcoin are looking to get rich or at least make a little money from it.  Nobody uses it in lieu of fiat money just because it's such a pain in the ass, so it's either a store of value or a hot potato speculative instrument.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 05:08:56 AM

You refer to silkroad incidents that bitcoin was used to illegal transactions to buy or sell illegal trades on deep web, so the answer is yes. Since bitcoin's transactions are anonymous then it can be used for illegal acts without exposing personal identities to the users and much worst bitcoin was used on scamming people like hyip for an instance.

mineko

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:14:31 AM

I think bitcoin is very big on the web, because bitcoin can be used as a bribe or exchange, because bitcoin is very useful for the community.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:37:42 AM

bitcoin is not anonymous so no.

there may be still some use cases for bitcoin on the deep web, the cases that you saw when you visited and possibly used but it is not that much. they are rare cases that you happened to have found there.
people are either using cash which is the ultimate anonymous currency or they are using anon coins such as monero and zcash.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
rightway00372018

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:46:36 AM

Yes Agree there are many online shopping webs that are now accepting bitcoin and i believe there are some estabilshment in coming days that will show their interest to accept bitcoin as payment. 
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:57:14 AM

On the deep web you don't have any other option that is why you have to use bitcoin there, but on surface web you have got other options available. Inspite of that bitcoin is used in large amount on surface web.
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:31:49 PM

I realised the bitcoin firstly in deepweb markets in 2013. I think people use bitcoin to buy cheap goods without tax label in deepnet commonly. But for safe trustless shopping, we  still need autonomous Escrow agencies to buy goods for bitcoin.
anhchangdeptrai13

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:19:52 PM

Bitcoin is banned and is also condemned because of deep web and crime related to it. Anonymous also has good and bad side. Deep web using bitcoin is also good. Because it is considered as an effective payment method. When the crime is not over, the bitcoin can not die

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
sitnibtc

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:07:31 PM

is surely is widely used there. just the mere fact of bitcoin's anonimity, there;s no question why they would not use it in the deep web.
northstarh

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Bitcoin has many benefits, it is an excellent but anonymous payment method. So, it is widely used in deep webs. It is used for payment in arms trafficking activities, banned substances ...

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Generaldiscussion

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:16:14 AM

Due to the silkroad incident that people have a bad view on btc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: