Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin has taken a cautious position on cryptocurrencies  (Read 151 times)
i-chain.net (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:11:44 PM

Putin admit that cryptocurrencies develop. Certainly, Russia should explore the opportunities around the tech.

Putin also notes that cryptocurrency mining is not regulated, and cryptocurrencies are not legal in Russia.

The Russian president issued a series of mandates last year to Russian officials, calling for cryptocurrencies' regulations, including the country's domestic mining sector.

They say, somewhere in Japan they use it, but it doesn't work in other countries.

Three bills regarding blockchain and crypto have been introduced in the Russian parliament, the State Duma, to date. Two of them passed the first round of hearings on May 22 (three rounds are required to pass the bill), one of them named "On the digital financial assets" and the other "On the digital rights".

Both bills will introduce basic blockchain terminology such as tokens and blockchain to the Russian legal language. They also restrict cashing out tokens to authorised finance institutions and assign the Bank of Russia as a regulator that should control the crypto trade and ICOs in the country.

One bill, "On the distributed national mining" – was supposed to introduce the term "cryptoruble" – was rejected by legislators.

Michael Komin, institutions development expert, believes that the bills are "half-empty" because an adequate legal language for blockchain hasn't been created so far.

"The only thing the parliament can do is to ban such technology, but it won't be approved by the Bank of Russia, Department of Finance and Treasury, which are already using elements of blockchain, and by the President Putin's advisor Andrei Belousov, " Komin said.

He expects the current blockchain bills "lay idle until better times."
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Guard225

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:48:49 PM

I hope that Russia will warm upto Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin. Russia is one of the biggest financial countries in the world.The Cryptocurrency market needs Russia in the loophole. I hope that Putin will review his decision and see how things go in the future. What do you think guys?

With how Russia is treating stuff like telegram, i don't think they'd be friendly towards uncontrollable curriencies at all. Russia is a very pathological state, that's crazed when it comes to invigilation and control.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 09:53:45 PM

I hope that Russia will warm upto Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin. Russia is one of the biggest financial countries in the world.The Cryptocurrency market needs Russia in the loophole. I hope that Putin will review his decision and see how things go in the future. What do you think guys?

cryptocurrencies (capitalism) create risks and opportunities. in russia,

decentralised distribution of power over a society is important, the russians witnessed fall of communism where that exactly failed.

however capitalism  also can be very cruel so putin wants some cryptocurrencies but not all.

regards

NotoriousHodler

Activity: 175
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:06:44 PM

One word - taxes. They either try to control it (which they can't really do, with level of technical education in government structures), or they will try to ban it. Either way it will be trying to hold the water with bare hands, as happens with most of the "banned" content in Russia.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: