Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am SO DONE with these alts. Which ones are crossed off your list?  (Read 116 times)
neatworld (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:26:44 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 12:54:59 PM by neatworld

These are alts I had followed, read up on, and I actually either hold or held them in the past. They are all projects that promised something that seemed innovative, or had features which appealed to me. But I'm calling time on these alts for various reasons: inexperienced teams, unable to deliver on promises, poor marketing, unable to keep up with new developments. In my opinion, they are either pretty much dead or not performing to their potential, and risk falling to obscurity since there are so many other alts that can and will do what they promised to do for faster/better/cheaper. Feel free to agree or disagree, or add to the list!

1) Einsteinium (EMC2) -I was new, I fell for the concept.  Glad I dumped this when their big announcement - widely teased to be an exciting partnership  - turned out to be masternodes. Nothing against masternodes, but it's kind of like promising the moon and delivering a wind-up torchlight.

2) B3 ( now kB3) - RIP. 'nuff said. WTF was I thinking  Undecided I took a hit but it was relatively small, let's call it a learning experience.

3) ETN - I've written a lot about how I really wanted to believe in ETN, before their Failure To Launch. Maybe it was just too early to try and bring crypto to the masses. Or maybe there's just gross mismanagement. In any case, I'm glad I got out of that one.

4) Spectrecoin/ Verge / Deep Onion / (PIVX?)/  add your privacy coin here -  I really believe that privacy coins are a highly important part of the future of crypto. But there are so many that underdeliver or just... fizzle out once the hype and airdrops stop. And the shilling. So.Much.Shilling. Which ones are still worth supporting? My bet's on Monero

5) Raiden Network Token (RDN) - Buterin didn't seem too keen on the ICO, but mentioned it as a possible path toward scalability earlier this year https://blog.ethereum.org/2018/01/02/ethereum-scalability-research-development-subsidy-programs/. Anyone have any updates on this? I'm not feeling that optimistic about this one.

Which alts have you bought that you are either dumping or have already dumped??
katri

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:36:53 PM

my favorite alt as of today is ONTHOLOGY, look at the performance of this coin. these was just added to the exchange just recently but the progress is simply amazing. it start by $1 and in a few days it goes up to $10 dollars even btc and eth that time is goin down but ONT is moving up to $10 dollars. until it goes down little by little up to $5 but just a few days it stabilize at $8... i suggest you to monitor this coin to see for yourself.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:50:40 PM

Today all tokens are generating only speculative expectations and only quite a few of them reach the final stage when people start to use working product and project is generating some profit. So to survive in today's market you to get in a fresh project and get out of them once a project goes to long-term development and hype is going to 0. The best cycle is to buy ICO tokens or right after ICO and sell when testnet released/before mainnet launch. So here is my tokens:

1) Aion (expect mainnet soon)

2) Fusion (testnet very soon)

3) Zilliqa (mainnet soon)

4) Switcheo (exchanges are the only projects that are able to generate profit from the start and such kind of tokens are always success)

5) GoChain (mainnet is coming)
neatworld (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:56:06 PM

I'm getting replies that don't really answer my question - I'm asking posters which Alts you're over, not which ones you like. I've edited the original text so it will hopefully be more clear!
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:14:00 PM

From this list I bought a few Spectrecoin, Verge, Deep Onion, ETN on low prices when they was dumped.
I don't think they dead and I think they will be pumped once again soon...
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:51:16 PM

These are alts I had followed, read up on, and I actually either hold or held them in the past. They are all projects that promised something that seemed innovative, or had features which appealed to me. But I'm calling time on these alts for various reasons: inexperienced teams, unable to deliver on promises, poor marketing, unable to keep up with new developments. In my opinion, they are either pretty much dead or not performing to their potential, and risk falling to obscurity since there are so many other alts that can and will do what they promised to do for faster/better/cheaper. Feel free to agree or disagree, or add to the list!

1) Einsteinium (EMC2) -I was new, I fell for the concept.  Glad I dumped this when their big announcement - widely teased to be an exciting partnership  - turned out to be masternodes. Nothing against masternodes, but it's kind of like promising the moon and delivering a wind-up torchlight.

2) B3 ( now kB3) - RIP. 'nuff said. WTF was I thinking  Undecided I took a hit but it was relatively small, let's call it a learning experience.

3) ETN - I've written a lot about how I really wanted to believe in ETN, before their Failure To Launch. Maybe it was just too early to try and bring crypto to the masses. Or maybe there's just gross mismanagement. In any case, I'm glad I got out of that one.

4) Spectrecoin/ Verge / Deep Onion / (PIVX?)/  add your privacy coin here -  I really believe that privacy coins are a highly important part of the future of crypto. But there are so many that underdeliver or just... fizzle out once the hype and airdrops stop. And the shilling. So.Much.Shilling. Which ones are still worth supporting? My bet's on Monero

5) Raiden Network Token (RDN) - Buterin didn't seem too keen on the ICO, but mentioned it as a possible path toward scalability earlier this year https://blog.ethereum.org/2018/01/02/ethereum-scalability-research-development-subsidy-programs/. Anyone have any updates on this? I'm not feeling that optimistic about this one.

Which alts have you bought that you are either dumping or have already dumped??

The privacy coin has no future in my opinion. You can see that how dash coin is gradually decreasing a lot and monero was following it.
https://bcfocus.com/cryptocurrency-analysis/monero-xmr-dash-dash-and-other-altcoins-slammed-by-japans-fsa/12447/
There is a lot of sites are publishing it right now. I guess it's not worth anymore to hold the privacy coin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:58:10 PM

I think dont crossed of anything.This is the crypto world , one day maybe you gonna be regret.Just calm down , think deeply then crossed off.

loicuagio1979

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:01:34 PM

I prefer masternode coins because of it's low supply and high demands for them. I think master node coins have been a fashionable taste since January 2018. Some of them are now in my portfolio, such as: ABS, MBC, DIN...I am buying as much as I could with very reasonable prices.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:01:39 PM

I bought at ICO Power Ledger. After ICO, support of the Australian government was announced and the price soared high. It was necessary to sell at the top and then buy back when the adjustment began.
 But I'm not too experienced in trading. And this coin lies in my purse and I'm waiting for a new price increase. The project is developing, so there is no point in selling now.
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

Yeah , I am done too.They are really bothering people.When i see the first time these coins , I understand that i see the last time these coins.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:12:12 PM

For me any altcoin that has a masternode feature is crossed off of my list. these coins just use masternodes as a way to get investors to buy as many coins as possible from their project so that they can make more money from people who are just looking to invest in altcoins.
muncuss

Activity: 667
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:33:19 PM

There's still hope in privacy coin, price will rise as new tech founded and implemented (this type of coins depend on the tech, i think). i also sold one of my holding recently, utility coin. sold that because i can see no price increase in near time, still in development. I'll stock once it fully developed and ppl start using it coz i sure price will rise
A friend tell me: every coins have their own time

Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 03:43:41 PM

Well, I don't put much trust on alts that is below the top coins radar. I also didn't much money on investing on it before (tho I did some recently with these cool and promising ICO)

But here are the list of the alts that I thought was good but didin't really met my expectations:

1. ETN - Just like you, I thought this one was good. Oh, boy, that hype was all just dor nothing. Thank goodness I spend so little on this one. Though, I am stil keeping some.

2. HAT - Hawala used to be a good project. It was delivering what it promised but right after the swapped, (which they didn't return the coin I sent them for a swap), they all kept below the radar.

And some other project like eBTC and so on. Most projects are only good at the start.

leoliln45

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:47:27 AM

It is very crucial to choose the correct coin else you will have to sell it at low price. For this I think it is better to go for popular and promising coins like Eth, Ripple,EOS,Neo etc. They are less risky to deal with.
MicaleFalcon

Activity: 102

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:30:23 PM

Actually the market of crypto currency started with just one coin called bitcoin. It is the most successful coin in the market. People have good reaction regarding bitcoin than any other altcoins. Though the price is low, soon it will increase and stared to increase already. So investment in the bitcoin will be the best decision.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: