Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best wallets  (Read 271 times)
Alandeman (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

Hello everyone my name is Alan I'm a newbie here. I was just wondering if anybody have suggestions for the best wallet for multi coins like Neo, Ethereum & Bitcoin. I'm looking for a wallet that would support various ico's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpstatic

Activity: 53
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:39:17 PM

There are already many thread about this. You can probably find your answer when searching for them.

In addition cryptocompare has a useful list of wallets and which coins are supported by them. You can find it here.
https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview
1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 6743

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:29:39 PM

Personally I think Exodus is a good one, very user-friendly. It's a desktop wallet so this is way more secure than an online wallet. For a longterm-storage online wallets are not recommended.

But my choice for Exodus is only my point of view. I recommend you to inform yourself about different ones and if you know about their advantages or disadvantages you can make your decision.  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
damir10

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:31:00 PM

Hello everyone my name is Alan I'm a newbie here. I was just wondering if anybody have suggestions for the best wallet for multi coins like Neo, Ethereum & Bitcoin. I'm looking for a wallet that would support various ico's.

I personally use Airbitz, Jaxx and some other exchange wallets too. You will learn every company policy with your experience. You shouldn't believe any company with blind eye. It is better to check this wallets by yourself. You may like/dislike their menu, accesebility etc..
Kayc92

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:39:21 PM

Hey i tried myetherwallet but im not completely sure if its safe. Im happy for any other suggestions.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:45:45 PM

Jaxx is simple to use, but as mentioned earlier it has issues that need resolving before it can be considered totally safe to store your assets in. For now, I'll go with coinomi. Exodus has good reviews too, I never used it, but have heard only good things. That said, none of them can store all alts, just a selection of coins and expect other wallets to follow suit too.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:19:22 PM

You could look into a hardware wallet. The Ledger Nano S supports BTC, ETH and ERC-20 tokens, NEO and other coins as well. I don't have one myself, but I hear it's easy to use. I would buy only directly from the manufacturer.

I generally don't trust desktop multi-coin wallets like Jaxx -- disappointing security-wise.

For Bitcoin, I prefer the Core wallet.

abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:48:51 PM

Wallets that will support various ICOs depends on the smart contract use during the ICOs. For instance if the ICO is using ERC20 as it smart contract, then you can use Myetherwallet for Ether and other coins like NEO and waves, you can download a windows client wallet to store them.

kuzawi

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:20:43 AM

If you don't have an hardware wallet you can use Exodus a software wallet a lot of supported cryptocurrencies, it also started the support to erc tokens.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:38:44 AM

Take a look at Exodus[1] and Exodus Eden[2]. They allow storing of most of the top coins.

If you want to store ICO coins though, I'd go for MyEtherWallet[3] as most ICOs are ERC20 tokens anyway.

[1] https://www.exodus.io/
[2] https://www.exodus.io/eden/
[3] https://myetherwallet.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 05:19:00 AM

I'm looking for a wallet that would support various ico's.

I've got a few resources for you. It's important that you recognize there is no "best" wallet. There are different wallets with different purposes and those different purposes have different trade offs.

Check out the wallets on this site, you can filter by the coins you're interested in transacting >>> https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview

And since you've posted this in the Beginners forum, it would be foolish to not offer you a resource that helps you distinguish the different types of wallets, find it here >>> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
coinhunter2050

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:26:58 AM

I also want this kind of query and I got this here.
Thank you
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:44:40 AM

Best wallet means that wallet has to be the best security. I prefer hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S to store that coins and spend that coins with ICOs. Hardware wallet has the best security in the crypto world.
rumoo42

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:01:54 AM

Multi-currency purses are not very useful, they often do not support the tokens of ether, but can accept different types of currency at the same time. So it depends on your needs to choose.
tinyhunter112

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:13:42 AM

If you don't have an hardware wallet you can use Exodus a software wallet a lot of supported cryptocurrencies, it also started the support to erc tokens.
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 02:05:43 PM

you can read this post to get all your answers at one place. hope you can make a better decision after read. Moreover, you can think about hardwallets or offline wallets too.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0

CryptoDave72

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:30:50 PM

I too am very new to the crypto arena but have been slowly building on my crypto holdings. It may have been a little premature for the amount I hold, but the first thing I did was purchase a cold storage wallet (Ledger Nano S). Some may argue the $100 was overkill for the amount I held at the time (and currently hold), but I honestly feel it's a great 'up front' investment for the peace of mind. I plan to continue building my crypto holdings and as I do, I'll continue to move them offline to my Ledger. I hope this helps  Smiley
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:15:11 PM

Jaxx is simple to use, but as mentioned earlier it has issues that need resolving before it can be considered totally safe
It can't be safe to recommend because Jaxx developers sayed that they will not fix one of security issue before (6 months ago around)
This is sad because there is not much projects like that, multi wallets
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 07:31:12 PM

Jaxx, coinomi or exodus--these are the multi-coin, software wallets that are popular among users and support the coins you mentioned. All of them have great features and of course, are the most convenient in terms of accessibility, which is why you'll see them recommended so much. At the same time, there are voiced concerns from security and privacy conscious users in that none of these wallets are truly open source.  Our recommendation is to go ahead and use whichever one you like, but, in tandem with a hardware wallet like the nano-s. Since these software wallets are considered "hot" wallets, they are great for quick trades, withdrawals etc but are vulnerable to the overall security of the device you have them connected to. That said, pairing either of these with a hardware wallet that is "cold," allows you to keep the majority of your funds in a safer environment and ultimately gives you more peace of mind by adding a layer of security.

Mintdice.com
kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:58:08 PM

To reduce cost from buying a hardware which will cost me money, I use online wallet to store my bitcoins and Ethereum. For bitcoins, blockchain.info is ok for me since I use google 2fa to access it. For ether, I use Metamask to store my coins.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: