Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is down, Altcoin is UP !!  (Read 611 times)
paykal5

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:07:58 AM

Because altcoins are pegged to bitcoin. The markets adapts to price fluctuation. People buying altcoins for bitcoin and inversely when people sell altcoins for bitcoin... Which we just saw with people buying bitcoin so they would get bitcoin gold.
ardydyon

Activity: 547
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:15:19 AM

According to Ripple's CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, the Bitcoin dominance is expected to end soon.
He actually said : '' There is a very strong correlation between the price of XRP and that of Bitcoin. But these are essentially independent open-source technologies. »
The man is convinced that we are now witnessing the emergence of a much more rational market. As a result, the behaviour of investors will be permanently altered, which will lead to a devaluation of Bitcoin. Therefore, it will no longer serve as a reference to other crypto-currencies.
Hope he's right Smiley
Bitcoin is no doubt a key coin and the market value of the bitcoin as most of the investors make their decision by looking at the market price of the bitcoin. I think if that happens then bitcoin price will decrease and the price of btc will be more rational compared today. and also btc will no longer be a reference for the other coin. thus the more newly emerging coins that will move investors to invest in other coin than btc.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:36:56 AM

According to Ripple's CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, the Bitcoin dominance is expected to end soon.
He loves his ripple so what can you expect to someone that is promoting his coin? this isn't new that they are going to pull down bitcoin just for their own interest.
As a result, the behaviour of investors will be permanently altered, which will lead to a devaluation of Bitcoin. Therefore, it will no longer serve as a reference to other crypto-currencies.
Permanently altered? don't generalize the number of investors that will do this, only Ripple people will do this.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ad8z77777711

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:42:27 AM

This is only true in 2017. As the price of the BTC decreases, the price of the altcoin will certainly increase. We need to look at the market price in 2018; everything is completely reversed from previous years
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:58:14 AM

He actually said : '' There is a very strong correlation between the price of XRP and that of Bitcoin. But these are essentially independent open-source technologies. »
The man is convinced that we are now witnessing the emergence of a much more rational market. As a result, the behaviour of investors will be permanently altered, which will lead to a devaluation of Bitcoin. Therefore, it will no longer serve as a reference to other crypto-currencies.
Hope he's right Smiley

yes, I agree with you . That's not possible because I know if bitcoin decreases altcoin also decreases as altcoin follows the movement of bitcoin then it is not possible if Bitcoin decreases altcoin can rise, and with the current state of bitcoin and altcoin you better hold and wait for altcoin prices back
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 03:01:39 AM

Hope he's right Smiley
I would be going to believe if it not coming from the guy from Ripple, they are a total deviation from what  cryptocurrency, because they are centralized and they are a pump and dump coin, it will be a joke for me if they claim they are going to replace Bitcoin's dominance which is unlikely to happen.

blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:03:54 AM

CEO Ripple? Ripple is generally difficult to call crypto currency.

Brad Garlinghouse simply advertises Altcoins, as Ripple is one of the most important coins after bitcoin   Roll Eyes
Ripple is centralized cryptomodel. Many crypto users actually don't like the coin. Ripple is strong because suported by big whale of bankers. They use ripple because ripple is suit to the banks model. Banks can control bitcoin that is why most bankers will never stop spreading FUD among the bitcoin users and investors. In fact, more FUD more popular bitcoin. BTC will be number one cryptocurrency.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:23:01 AM

I think the whole market depends on bitcoin, and the price of bitcoin determines the direction of all Altcoin.

So as long as bitcoin doesn't go up in this depressed market, other Altcoin won't go up much.
RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:28:02 AM

I think the whole market depends on bitcoin, and the price of bitcoin determines the direction of all Altcoin.

So as long as bitcoin doesn't go up in this depressed market, other Altcoin won't go up much.

Yes most of the altscoins depend on Bitcoin market and only a few alts  will rise if the Bitcoin price was down so it is better that Bitcoin market will continue to grow and altcoins market will follow.
Zachwolf

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:31:14 AM

In our opinion, in time more and more altcoins will stand out from the rest and can become independent in the following years. Those coins are mainly the PoS coins, as we believe, PoW coins will fall behind as their disadvantages are a lot more than their advantages and people will see that sooner or later. Their power right now is that people have already invested in mining rigs and don't want to admit the downward spiral as that would mean their investment will become worthless as well. Be careful with your investments, always do your own due diligence and good luck !

Fundamental is remain. BTC is main coin of all coin. If it will decreasing the value the altcoin is depending on it. It has an alter between of it. Increasing and decreasing value is normal.
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:49:34 AM

Hope he's right Smiley
For me i Believe the other way around, if bitcoin will continue to go a downhill trend so as other altcoind will follow in the long run. Yes intially i think the altcoin will rise in the fall of bitcoin because investors will seek another alternative investments but surely if the mother of all cryptocurrency will degrade i believe all the more the reason that other altcoins will follow the same lead.
For sure yes, this is the '' Bitcoin dependance'', meaning that the fall in the value of Bitcoin leads eventually to the fall of other crypto-currencies
I can not say to judge them. Their development cannot be directly reviewed on the one hand. because for their development depends on the effort made. so it does not have to be for Bitcoin down Altcoin will go up. so according to the effort and ability of each.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:24:25 PM

Strange opinion. I see quite the opposite picture. Every time bitcoin goes down, alternative coins fall much faster. (Un)Fortunately alternative coins are very strongly tied to bitcoin atm.

Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:47:43 AM

That's normal if bitcoin is on sideways alts are going up. It makes a lot of money during bull. but sometimes you should be aware of market trend and focus on fundamentals the more we influence others the more we having a lot of community in the market.
sparkling10

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:48:23 AM

I think all other coins depend on the movements of BTC. Because it is the first and main crypto in the field. All the investors are looking at the movement of the BTC. So if the Altcoin market wants to go up then the BTC should go up.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

Hope he's right Smiley

I think the opposite as of ripples ceo why? For me if bitcoin's dominance ended and so it will for most of altcoin why? Because bitcoin became the support of most of the altcoin. So what will happen if the foundation collapse? There will be bad will happen. I think the reason why ripple's ceo said that is just to gain PR and want investors invest on their coin but that will not happen to me
juditPolgar

Activity: 147

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:54:32 AM

in my opinion, I think the whole market depends on bitcoin, and bitcoin prices determine the direction of all Altcoin.The market adapt to price fluctuations. People buy altcoin for bitcoin and are inversely proportional when people sell altcoin for bitcoin. We need to see market prices by 2018; everything is completely reversed from previous years.

Paul95

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:55:53 AM

Ethereum and other altcoins went up because SEC decided that Ethereum is not security.

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:57:16 AM

For now, both bitcoin and altcoin is down! Altcoin is particularly hurt because of bitcoin as we all know that bitcoin price always affect aotcoin deeper than the bearitself! Lets hope we will be able to be patient for this period to pass!
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:43:35 AM

Hope he's right Smiley
For me i Believe the other way around, if bitcoin will continue to go a downhill trend so as other altcoind will follow in the long run. Yes intially i think the altcoin will rise in the fall of bitcoin because investors will seek another alternative investments but surely if the mother of all cryptocurrency will degrade i believe all the more the reason that other altcoins will follow the same lead.
Yeah, the whole dominance thing is still there and we should forget the idea where someone would come up to think we will just see less dominance in bitcoin.

Yeah it may happen, but we all do not know what can happen eventually in the future. If we get to see more altcoin/fiat trading pair, and the sentiments about seeing the altcoin market dump in cases where btc is getting dumped, then we may actually start seeing the mindset of traders changing and that is what matters anyway but for now, nothing is guaranteed.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
kyrbuk

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:04:25 PM

I believe that bitcoin can not go below the altcoins. If this happens, the altcoins will not survive. Because altcoins are pegged to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: