Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:13:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is down, Altcoin is UP !!  (Read 611 times)
Fawez (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:00:21 PM

According to Ripple's CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, the Bitcoin dominance is expected to end soon.
He actually said : '' There is a very strong correlation between the price of XRP and that of Bitcoin. But these are essentially independent open-source technologies. »
The man is convinced that we are now witnessing the emergence of a much more rational market. As a result, the behaviour of investors will be permanently altered, which will lead to a devaluation of Bitcoin. Therefore, it will no longer serve as a reference to other crypto-currencies.
Hope he's right Smiley
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

According to Ripple's CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, the Bitcoin dominance is expected to end soon.
He actually said : '' There is a very strong correlation between the price of XRP and that of Bitcoin. But these are essentially independent open-source technologies. »
The man is convinced that we are now witnessing the emergence of a much more rational market. As a result, the behaviour of investors will be permanently altered, which will lead to a devaluation of Bitcoin. Therefore, it will no longer serve as a reference to other crypto-currencies.
Hope he's right Smiley
For me i Believe the other way around, if bitcoin will continue to go a downhill trend so as other altcoind will follow in the long run. Yes intially i think the altcoin will rise in the fall of bitcoin because investors will seek another alternative investments but surely if the mother of all cryptocurrency will degrade i believe all the more the reason that other altcoins will follow the same lead.
Fawez (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:14:54 PM

Hope he's right Smiley
For me i Believe the other way around, if bitcoin will continue to go a downhill trend so as other altcoind will follow in the long run. Yes intially i think the altcoin will rise in the fall of bitcoin because investors will seek another alternative investments but surely if the mother of all cryptocurrency will degrade i believe all the more the reason that other altcoins will follow the same lead.
For sure yes, this is the '' Bitcoin dependance'', meaning that the fall in the value of Bitcoin leads eventually to the fall of other crypto-currencies
mrox2011

Activity: 181

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:18:37 PM

Agree with you, I believe this market is build this much because of Bitcoin. so if bitcoin falls investors can think why they need to make them self at risk. why investors need to trust on altcoins if their lead was fallen.
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:19:20 PM

Hope he's right Smiley

Actually nobody knows exactly so every investor should have BTC in its portfolio. BTC could be pumped when nobody expects it

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:27:18 PM

CEO Ripple? Ripple is generally difficult to call crypto currency.

Brad Garlinghouse simply advertises Altcoins, as Ripple is one of the most important coins after bitcoin   Roll Eyes

Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 04:53:16 PM

In any case, he is mostly just promoting his coin and is in some way, creating a FUD in bitcoin. Moreover, generalky speaking, almost all crypto-enthusiasts and investors has their money on bitcoin. Even newbies and those who are not involved in any community related with cryptocurrency knows bitcoin and only wants to invest on it. Butcoin is so much overrated that makes it so difficult to take down.
scooby_doo23955

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:26:07 PM

I don't think this is possible. The whole market is dependent on bitcoin and still the market is judged by the price of bitcoin. If the price of bitcoin goes down the price of altcoins except few falls too and we have witnessed it earlier.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:35:07 PM

Hope he's right Smiley

I have always been against the fact that altcoins are dependent of the bitcoin. I never thought about the altcoins in this way and always made decision independent of the bitcoin prices. Altcoins are completely different project who works on their own and develop their own atmosphere where number of investors also are different. This way it gives us idea that how that atlcoin may get its prices in the future. No matter what happens, bitcoin and altcoins go down at the sam time because that is just the global effect and nothing much. I think CEO of XRP is looking after his projects dominance but that doesnt really maters as whatever he speaks is relabel info.
kimonjol

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:39:11 PM

If only private opinion bitcoin and altcoin is very different, because of the altcoin of the establishment not of bitcoin, I think going to keep jaya bitcoin forever
Azna Azhar

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:40:44 PM

Hope he's right Smiley
I agree with your statement that ultimately altcoin will follow the bitcoin movement. When the bitcoin price drops, the price of some altcoin rises but in a short time, then it will come back down trailing against bitcoin.
Zhagedu

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 04:43:02 PM

Though from my own point of view i see this as a treat to Bitcoin as the Mother of all coins. In regard to this statement credited to a CEO does will not go down well with cryptocurrency ethics. If Bitcoin goes down as the Mother of all coins, other coins will follow with immediate effect. May we not experience such that will turn the whole world of cryptocurrency for a doom.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 04:52:11 PM

It would be more or less worthy of our attention, if it had been said by Buterin or someone like him, but Brad? Are you serious? The only thing he wants to achieve by saying that is people losing their faith in bitcoin. Of course, any altcoin should have ambitions to become a better version of its predecessor by making the crypto world more convenient and decentralised, but ripple team does absolutely opposite things - it tries to get you back to your bank.

Anyway, I never wanted to make another ripple-bulling post here, I just wanted to ask you to always think about the real reasons people say different things publicly.

markalis

Activity: 467

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

I think it is not proven, you can use the following simple formula:
btc ride altcoin down
btc down altcoin down
btc stable altcoin up

rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:57:52 PM

As long as bitcoin live altcoins is not goes to up and lead bitcoin. As far as I know when bitcoin increase altcoins increase and when bitcoin decrease altcoins decrease too. Therefore altcoins is not the basis of price in crypto but it is bitcoin.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:07:08 PM

I think it is not proven, you can use the following simple formula:
btc ride altcoin down
btc down altcoin down
btc stable altcoin up

I think this is the right formula to think about this trend. I mean it is true most of the time that whenever bitcoin starts up surges then altcoins fall a little as most of the people start to invest their altcoins into the bitcoin. When bitcoin is going down then no one trust the crypto sphere and thus every coin looks like upset and starts moving down. When it comes to stability of the bitcoin then everyone think that it is secure to invest into the crypto currency. So this is like trusting the bitcoin for all the needs and depending upon that deciding what exactly altcoins might do next.
bct9t

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:07:09 AM

Bitcoin is the market leader and altcoin is the follower. In recent times altcoin moving over bitcoin it’s true. But i think altcoin can’t compete with bitcoin. Because we believe bitcoin is far ahead from altcoin.
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:00:07 PM

Basically this news is not fully authentic because if the price of btc Is decreases then how it is still in the 1st place based on this the price of altcoin is up but btc still in their place because of their main price also its good news for alt coins user because really they are offering such good facilities to their customers.
kristinkamal01

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

Such situations are very rare, since the BTC falls and all other coins are falling, only some can grow at such a drop, but these are very small and this is not always the case.
proofofstake.com

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:10:16 PM

In our opinion, in time more and more altcoins will stand out from the rest and can become independent in the following years. Those coins are mainly the PoS coins, as we believe, PoW coins will fall behind as their disadvantages are a lot more than their advantages and people will see that sooner or later. Their power right now is that people have already invested in mining rigs and don't want to admit the downward spiral as that would mean their investment will become worthless as well. Be careful with your investments, always do your own due diligence and good luck !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: