Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:27:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bounty hunters using my account detail to register for bounty without me knowing  (Read 110 times)
9jaflick (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:14:58 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 05:56:29 PM by 9jaflick

Recently I have discovered that bounty hunters now use high-rank members account details to register for bounty campaigns, without these high-rank members knowing, like Telegram and Blog/article campaign.
I have seen my profile details on so many campaigns spreadsheet of which I don't even know about these campaigns.
Today a friend of mine sent me a link of spreadsheets different that he found my Bitcointalk account details on, someone somewhere is busy using my bitcointalk account detail for bounty campaign which I do not know of, and I believe am not the only they are doing this to.

bounty managers should please take note, most of these bounty hunters are abusing our accounts.
before bounty managers accept any participant they should be a form for bitcointalk account ownership verifications.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:35:50 PM

There are some people doing this, using your own information just to get profit in the specific bounty, They also want to be you in order to get stake, or you can both disqualify in the spreadsheet of participants..
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:58:32 PM

I know that higher-ranking accounts are used in the same ICO signature campaign, since it is necessary for the account to have the signature of the same ICO campaign. When registering with someone else's account, only the purse address changes to its own, in the hope that no one will see a duplicate, and the messages are reflected immediately in the original and the double. Many managers of the generosity campaign ICO know this problem and sometimes put the accounts in the table in alphabetical order, the doubles are immediately manifested. Typically, a double is an account that is registered in the table later in time. However, I have not yet heard that the data of someone else's account was used in another signature campaign. After all, the signature will be another campaign, the attacker can not change anything in the account itself, he does not have access to it, the account data is used, but not the account itself. Apparently, the calculation is that the bounty manager does not even check the signatures of the ICO campaign at all.
ulia93

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:33:43 AM

This is a common problem lately. Bounty managers are often not sufficiently responsive to the verification of participants. Perhaps this is due to the large number of participants that no one restricts, and then can not cope even with the verification of participants. Perhaps there should be a blacklist of those who cheat and use other people's data during registration in bounty campaigns to help bounty managers?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: