Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:24:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does IQ greatly affect a person's success in trading?  (Read 1266 times)
hermae

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:17:52 AM

many people have high IQ but not all of them are trading.
so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".

In my opinion, I dont think IQ plays a great part in one's success in trading. One becomes a successful trader if he/she have patience in everything he/she does and is not too emotional if something undesirable happens. As long as one is responsible and knows the right strategies, then he/she is a successful trader.
DirtMcGirt36

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:05:44 AM

Pattern recognition and knowing psychology can help out a lot in trading.  A lot of good traders just have solid intuition
wiwi24680

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:57:26 AM

You have higher IQ, you may have higher ability to learn about the field faster and know how to make relevant analysis, you may take 1 day, other may need 5 days to learn about the same knowledge, but this does not directly means that you can gain higher successful trading than the others, as trading depends on the experience, while luck may also involve. A conservative trading depends on the trader's thought and willingness, I cannot see the point directly related to IQ
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:04:41 AM

so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".
IQ is just great for analyzing or analysis. Moreover, it doesn't mean they have a good IQ in trading because it depends on them in what kind of specifications their IQ was sharp amd trading is not all about IQ. Patience, self control and knowing the nature of digital currency is another different things that somehow IQ cannot helps.
francis95

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:40:33 AM

Being knowledgeable in trading is one of the factors that a day trader must have. A day trader must have a technique to be a successful trader and techniques need a lot of IQ. So yes, IQ affects the persons success in trading.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:29:40 AM

Nope. All IQ means is the ability to pass IQ tests. That's it.

You could be the most intelligent person in the world but a useless trader if you have no control over your emotions. Maybe being a little dull upstairs makes you better. You won't be swayed by theoretical possibilities. You'll stick to your moves.

Control over your emotions is the one thing above all you need. Not many have it.

So true. And those people that have high IQ are usually good in arts and not things where money matters. You just need a normal thinking to be able to succeed in trading that also requires patience and discipline.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:05:08 AM

I think IQ doesn't matter too much here in crypto. As long as we have the skills and if we have enough knowledge about what we are doing , we could earn better by working hard and by vakuing our earnings. Intelligence matters but the eagerness to succeed is more important.

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:17:33 AM

Someones IQ may have a better understanding in a particular topic and maybe they are in a struggle in looking  charts and analyzing the market. It differs in every person and everybody has different learning strategies. It does not affect the trading experiences but EQ probably will.
JohnnyBobby

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:37:03 AM

I don't think IQ has a major part to play; for me self-discipline, some knowledge, but most importantly emotional control is the most important. There's been a few times I was caught out buying the top after seeing a massive green candle only for the price to plunge an hour later...
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:05:00 AM

IQ has no role to play in trading and it maybe helpful to understand the techniques easily but luck has the main part so if you are luck then you can be a successful person in trading and also the decision making ability is important in the trading.
Dikpora77

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Apps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:42:35 AM

how about the business man/woman are they have to have high IQ to be success? The answer is big no. If you want to doing the cryptocurrency, and learn about it, hard working to understanding, and never give up I believe one day you will pick the result and being success in cryptocurrency. And if you lucky have the skill on the cryptocurrency is also give influence for being success too. So everything is not only about IQ if you want, do it.

tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:51:06 AM

Yes an IQ can affect a person through succession in trading but it does not necessarily require a highly IQ’d person. For as long as you have a decent IQ and you understand fully what you are getting tourself into especially in trading then thats about it. Your IQ does not define your succession, it is a persons ability and willingness who defines them.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:22:54 PM

High IQ or low IQ, everyone needs to learn before being successful at anything. However, I feel those with high IQ may even have a higher disadvantage as most times, they feel so secluded in their space, feel a bit too over confident, and that may actually be a little bit of problem when it comes to learning a profession. Anyway, IQ is not a measurement of how successful someone ends up in something, it is just how ready and dedicated the person is to learning which somehow still balls down to some level of passion in that area as well.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:27:10 PM

Being knowledgeable in trading is one of the factors that a day trader must have. A day trader must have a technique to be a successful trader and techniques need a lot of IQ. So yes, IQ affects the persons success in trading.
Actually the level of intelligent quotient is not the reliable factor to become successful because you should still have the ability to be worked it out without losing so much of your investment. Though we should also consider to have a knowledge in one thing that we would perform but for me if you have the basic knowledge you can already survive it.
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 12:33:06 PM

I think that the IQ level has no decisive factor. The market of cryptocurrencies can not be analyzed, since the exchange is analyzed. Factors affecting the value of Cryptocurrency are news (good or bad, recognition, legalization, prohibition, infringement of new ICO, currency popularity).
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2395
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:18:08 PM

cientific/math focused minds tend to do not so well on markets, since they lack the psycological/"hustler" component.
To be sucessful in the markets you need both: cientific and social inteligence. that's why over 90% fail in the long run. people tend to "specialize" in one of them and lack the other

VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:19:50 PM

how about the business man/woman are they have to have high IQ to be success? The answer is big no. If you want to doing the cryptocurrency, and learn about it, hard working to understanding, and never give up I believe one day you will pick the result and being success in cryptocurrency. And if you lucky have the skill on the cryptocurrency is also give influence for being success too. So everything is not only about IQ if you want, do it.
To be a successful investor in this market needs a lot of factors and it is certain that IQ is not a factor that helps investors succeed but it will help them be more alert. IQ does not take up much of the success of a human being because it requires so many other factors.

Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:15:15 PM

I believe that it is not a person's IQ that brings us success in trading but it is our hard work and willingness to learn things that we could apply in our life as traders. Our skills about what we are doing also matters for us to have a good gain. No matter how intelligent a person is , it is still nothing without hard work.
boblets243

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:10:37 AM

You don't need to have a high IQ to be good at trading. High IQ people may have learned trading easily over the others. However, it doesn't mean that low to average IQ people can't understand and master trading.  Experience is one thing that molds you to be a good trader.
DragonCoinZ

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:22:43 AM

I would say no. Because myself has a very high iq. Im member of mensa. But i cant trade, because i cant controll my fud and fomo feelings while im trading. But maybe its a lot easier for people with high intelligence quotient to learn all the basic and advances about cryptocurrencies. I never try it, because im not really interested to sit 24 hours in the front of the pc just to trade and make some dollars of profit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: