Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does IQ greatly affect a person's success in trading?  (Read 1265 times)
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:13:45 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2018, 11:46:34 AM by wiro212

many people have high IQ but not all of them are trading.
so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".
trading is more likely to be emotional. patience is the first key in trading, reading market and also always see the price movement will always be in tandem. if one of them is passed, I'm sure we will fail in trading. never be careless and too passionate in trading.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anandhi

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:21:05 PM

In trading there is no exact result and that is why IQ won't make any difference if we talk about the outcome of our trading hobbies. But IQ at some points will give advantages too.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:16:07 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 09:26:46 PM by cryptolidus

Emotional Intelligence EQ affecting the success of a trader more than IQ. Managing and adjusting Your emotions to adapt to the trading environment is essential in achieving Your trading goals.

rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:22:18 PM

so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".

yes, iq is one of the biggest factor to survive in the market and good patience will make you earn profit, the reason why most of the people are losing a huge amount of profit is because of their lack of knowledge on how the market system works daily.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:30:37 PM

Nope. All IQ means is the ability to pass IQ tests. That's it.

You could be the most intelligent person in the world but a useless trader if you have no control over your emotions. Maybe being a little dull upstairs makes you better. You won't be swayed by theoretical possibilities. You'll stick to your moves.

Control over your emotions is the one thing above all you need. Not many have it.
Yes, IQ is totally based on general intelligence and trading is a profession on its own which would need to be studied to get better at. The same way not all persons with a high IQ will do very well in medicine or being a lawyer or other profession is the same way not everyone with high IQ will do well in trading.

Every profession comes with the zeal to want to learn, the attributes you have that somehow would work well with that profession, and IQ is just a measure of intelligence like you said, and not a guarantee that you would succeed in everything.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:00:16 AM

IQ will affect a person's success but success will not be completely dependent on IQ. There are a lot of people who do not really have high IQs, but they can create big businesses like Jeff Bezos, J.P.Morgan, Warren Buffett, etc.
The ability to succeed in any field will be based on diligence, and passion. If there are two factors, you will easily become wealthy and good at your passion without high IQ.
Yeah. IQ is a determinant factor of how you are going to be successful at anything and it is more like saying that someone with a high IQ is going to end up being a successful lawyer, doctor or whatsoever. IQ will be a explicit factor to measure how our performance will be and how much successful in every activities.

Profession is based on what someone personally fills about a particular area and their dedication and passion towards it like you said. If someone with high IQ does not have a passion for trading, he would not learn and if he does not learn and makes any attempt, he will fail even with his high IQ.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:41:51 AM

yes, iq is one of the biggest factor to survive in the market and good patience will make you earn profit, the reason why most of the people are losing a huge amount of profit is because of their lack of knowledge on how the market system works daily.
besides that, with high iq we can analyze in detail and from all direction of analysis. so i guess it will be more thorough. but even if iq we are high, should be noted psychological stability, and it needs practice
hoavantathan

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

i don't think so. the cryto market changes everyday so you can not use your IQ to predict it. Do you see Mc Afee? He said he has his own graph and formula. How are his predictions now? All are wrong.
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:37:24 AM

I think IQ fact is a bullshit for me. You can not determine the intelligence of anyone with the IQ test. if you want to succeed on a work,  all you have to do is work hard on that purview.
Lol. It is just one B.S measurement that some people formed to make themselves feel relevant. Everything like you said requires work and if someone with IQ peradventure thinks with a high IQ he can just hit the chart and start making trading decisions without learning, I would love to see how far he or she is going to have to go with that. Trading requires huge learning and it is important to always understand that no one can be good at anything at all without some proper understanding of that area.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:43:21 AM

Nope. All IQ means is the ability to pass IQ tests. That's it.

You could be the most intelligent person in the world but a useless trader if you have no control over your emotions. Maybe being a little dull upstairs makes you better. You won't be swayed by theoretical possibilities. You'll stick to your moves.

Control over your emotions is the one thing above all you need. Not many have it.
I am agree. Passing the test and knowing your high results makes you feel upper than others. Actually many people have high IQ but they use their possibilities for other things or do not use it at all. For example, I have heard that Snoop Dog has high IQ, but he is not a trader Smiley
twitchtver

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:42:43 PM

I won't totally agree that IQ affect a person success in trading. The market is not a fixed approach algorithm. Success in trading is dependent on many facts while IQ is measured in a subjective test. Success in trading may be dependent on timing, the amount of information at your disposal, your experience with trading and many other factors. Hence anyone can succeed in trading. A higher IQ may simply give a person ability to learn last how the market runs.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:14:47 PM

As for me, having enough knowledge and understanding about crypto is enough for us to do it appropriately. We don't really need to have a high IQ or to be a genius for us to understand and analyse the market flow. As long as we understand the basics of trading, we could make things right and make good decisions here.
bosslington

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

Price Analysis has to do with your total Emotion and stability not necessarily IQ
sambuki

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:16:19 PM

We don't need a great IQ in trading. The average IQ will be enough to be able to be a good trader. IQ won't affect much in this type of game.
Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:15:43 AM

I think it's more about an emotional intelligence. Sitting on one's hands and not buying or selling compulsively is a hard part.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:29:11 AM

Having an IQ is required when you do some things that needs thorough thinking and leading you to your own succession but it does not necessarily mean you have to have a high IQ. You just need some IQ to understand what you are trying to get inti, like trading.
Chachen19

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:05:56 PM

IQ is very important for people who own high indexes to be sensitive and they are smart about the market and the market is very useful for smart people with high indexes  IQ greatly affect a person's success in trading.
buy_crypt_sell

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:08:35 PM

I've never heard of such a comparison. You can conduct such a study first and after that give us the results.
SoloMoney

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:57:33 PM

No, your IQ does not affect success in the crypto currency trade. Everyone is unique and can do everything, so if you want to become a trader everything will depend only on you.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:32:09 AM

I dont think it affect a persons success in trading, but if you really are driven to strive hard and willing to pearn new things especially in trading then you’d be successful. And I dont think there are any person who joined the cryptocurrency without an IQ, how did he/she got to this point if they dont have an IQ right?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: