Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:34:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does IQ greatly affect a person's success in trading?  (Read 1271 times)
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 02:53:03 AM

I dont think it affect a persons success in trading, but if you really are driven to strive hard and willing to pearn new things especially in trading then you’d be successful. And I dont think there are any person who joined the cryptocurrency without an IQ, how did he/she got to this point if they dont have an IQ right?

A high IQ does not guarantee a profitable trading but at least you should understand how trading works. Even if you are a little slow when it comes to absorption of knowledge but then when you understand it, you retain it and then work hard to achieve what you wanted then you will become profitable even if you have a lower IQ. If you base it on being successful, not every one who has first rank in your school when you graduate has become successful because when you are already in real life, it is all about working or trading smart not just in theories but in executing it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Standard Kepler

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:58:12 AM

High IQ doesn't directly mean that this person can predict what is happening next, not even in trading.
In trading, we can never tell when the market will turn good or bad, it is affected by many aspects like political, economy or the company's problem or news that affect their stock price. Even those experienced trader, they cannot predict what is going to happen next too.
I may say, higher IQ can help a person gain success in trading in faster. They may find faster and easier about the knowledge on trading.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:03:59 AM

I dont think it affect a persons success in trading, but if you really are driven to strive hard and willing to pearn new things especially in trading then you’d be successful. And I dont think there are any person who joined the cryptocurrency without an IQ, how did he/she got to this point if they dont have an IQ right?
It could be an additional factor to become a successful trader but it doesn't matter at all because it is not the true requirements to become a successful trader. Well for me I would greatly honor the skills, techniques and strategies of one person to be able to become a successful one because that was the only thing that could bring him in success.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:26:51 AM

many people have high IQ but not all of them are trading.
so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".
What you need any other than IQ are :
Patience
Experience

IQ is not all part you need even the less one you need it is
Kpmaline

Activity: 89
Merit: 3

2 da Moon

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:31:35 AM

for being a skillful in something not only in ( trade ) but that is specifically at this thing.. you will be good at
and successful guy at this field.. never matter about your intelligence then... or [your high IQ] basically it's come from
reading and searching  to be aware about  most  edges...    then definitely you will become an expert at this thing ..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1301

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 01:37:06 PM

High IQ doesn't directly mean that this person can predict what is happening next, not even in trading.
Highly intelligent people will not be trading to make money. They will actually be the owner of the exchange or the creator of the project. Grin

In trading, we can never tell when the market will turn good or bad, it is affected by many aspects like political, economy or the company's problem or news that affect their stock price.
It depends on the FUD but this is sometimes predictable and if people have fund lined up in the proper place they might be able to make money. Something called arbitrage trading comes into help during such period.

Even those experienced trader, they cannot predict what is going to happen next too.
With experience it becomes possible but no absolute prediction can be done.

I may say, higher IQ can help a person gain success in trading in faster. They may find faster and easier about the knowledge on trading.
This is relative. It depends on the person's interest in trading and their experience. They dont have any direct link.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:31:33 AM

If you talk like that then it can be said that you are discriminating against an object, what else is this about Cryptocurrency embracing many people down.

No need for a high IQ for Bitcoin trading, because with seriousness, patience and just enough effort, please do not make a question that makes people break,here in this forum we are all the same.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:21:16 AM

Success in trading depends on how much a person is interested in a positive result, and the result depends on the amount of time spent studying the trade.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:33:15 AM

If you talk like that then it can be said that you are discriminating against an object, what else is this about Cryptocurrency embracing many people down.

Indeed discrimination is a real enemy that is possessed by humans, abisa saw kits in our daily life. his only example in black football is always discriminated by supporters.
In Cryptocurrency it should be that discrimination should be abolished because it would constrict Cryptocurrency, not to expand the cryptocurrency market.
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:54:13 AM

I'm sure it does, but most likely it's not the main component.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:36:29 AM

Having a really high IQ means you have a mind that is not normal and can do things differently but if we are talking about trading IQ really helps to make strategies and countermeasures to keep disasters from happening if not then they can propose another method to solve it. However in trading having a high IQ is not a game changer trading means having a gut to risk usually high IQ people are gutless when it comes to risking because they think of probably and chances it will succeed.
GawirZZ

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:43:59 AM

I think the world of commerce does require a high iq but the luck factor also affects the success in trading, so trading success because iq and your luck.
Moon Catcher Pro

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:09:55 PM

so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".
I have been trading for a long time, and I have to say that if you are smart, it does not mean that you will make money
Trading is primarily a discipline
Because here does not earn the most intelligent and the most prudent
I do not know of any trader who does not have an algorithm of work, and not following him
You always need a strategy, first find the patterns that you think will work
Then test this pattern on history. Take all the deals in a row, and look at the result. I do it this way: http://prntscr.com/k8x5rm
And only after that you can start trading.
Materials for the strategy (patterns, ideas, etc.) you can find in different communities of traders. Such a : http://www.insiderport.com/ Or something like that
and remember that all materials need to be carefully checked
coconutter

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:30:29 PM

Probably yes, because you will always take more care in those opportunities in where you can lose more and more money, and you will be aware of them. Maybe that is the only opportunity in where the IQ can really affect your trades.

altcoin4u

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:13:13 AM

IQ is greatly affecting all the things that person is doing in whole life in every sphere of it. So in my humble opinion intellect quality is defining how successful you will be whatever you are going to do.
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:51:14 PM

In my opinion IQ can affect a person through succession in trading but not necessarily need a very IQ person. As long as we have a decent IQ and we fully understand what we get ourselves especially in trading. Holding and handling emotions is very important. And I think having extraordinary knowledge is a big factor in building a good strategy for us.
Maxpips

Activity: 200
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:06:48 PM

Nope, IQ means nothing.

Self control is the most important skill to have. Having a high IQ (in trading at least) is actually a bad thing, because high IQ people typically have trouble discounting their opinions about the market. In other words, once they make up their mind about what the price of a crypto will do they'll stick to that view even in the face of information that contradicts it, which almost always results in them losing money.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:13:40 PM

Nope, IQ means nothing.

Self control is the most important skill to have. Having a high IQ (in trading at least) is actually a bad thing, because high IQ people typically have trouble discounting their opinions about the market. In other words, once they make up their mind about what the price of a crypto will do they'll stick to that view even in the face of information that contradicts it, which almost always results in them losing money.

of course iq does matter and it actually help a person to become more succesful in trading because if a person has high iq , he is smart and skillful , he does know what he is doing , so he can be able to earn more when compared to a person that has less iq . but , luck and patience do also matter when it come to trading aside from iq , because if you dont have a luck and a patience to hold , your chances of winning your trades is only small .
RockHenki

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:25:41 PM

I think it will affect quite a lot of investors. Simply because investors need high IQ and high concentration to analyze charts and evaluate the market they will invest in for a long time.
But we also know that high IQs will always be rich in investment. everyone needs luck. So if you do not have IQ, do not worry, keep learning and you will have a good result.
Maxpips

Activity: 200
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:35:54 PM

Nope, IQ means nothing.

of course iq does matter and it actually help a person to become more succesful in trading because if a person has high iq , he is smart and skillful , he does know what he is doing , so he can be able to earn more when compared to a person that has less iq . but , luck and patience do also matter when it come to trading aside from iq , because if you dont have a luck and a patience to hold , your chances of winning your trades is only small .

Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

Simply having a high IQ doesn't mean you're smart and skillful trader.

If you have a high IQ but don't know anything about trading then you're not going to be a better than someone who does know how to trade but has a low or medium IQ. It just isn't going to happen. Also, the tests people use to determine IQ don't take into account any of the factors required for successful trading, like knowledge of market psychology, Patience and self control, how to us Technical Analysis etc. These are the things that will determine your success. Having a high IQ may mean you can learn and figure things out a bit quicker than someone with a low/medium IQ, but it isn't the determining factor in whether someone will become a successful trader.

I agree with you on 'luck' though, that's something we all need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: