Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:32:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RECAP] Solidcoin's to-date History  (Read 3302 times)
Cosbycoin (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:18:19 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2011, 07:38:34 PM by Cosbycoin

1. Released with a promising future.
2. Solidcoin market bubble pops.
3. Multiple versions of SC are released and CH touts it in forums.
4. CH releases article "Solidcoin Ready For Bitcoin Collapse".
     LINK: http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php
5. ArtForz makes CH aware of a transaction spam exploit.
6. CH ignores it or tells ArtForz to take a hike.
7. ArtForz performs the exploit exposing SC and bloating the size of the blockchain.
8. CH is infuriated and calls ArtForz a hacker for exploiting the vunerability.
9. CH admits in IRC that the article he release was merely propaganda to get a certain "impression" put upon readers.
10. New SC version with a new "solidcoin" license put into the original bitcoin code has been released.
11. DoubleC notes new license and decides to shutdown the largest Solidcoin exchange at the time.
12. BTCguild operator shutsdown largest solidcoin pool.
10. CH speaks with Gavin Andresen in IRC and labels Gavin as a "hacker supporter".
11. Moonco.in soaks up majority of solidcoin trading volume on its exchange.
12. Moonco.in goes down for a few days with no notice.
13. Moonco.in comes back up. "power outage" blamed upon last downtime.
14. BitcoinEXpress makes comments to attack/exploit solidcoin with time-travel method.
15. CH moves to shutdown solidcoin network immediately.
16. Mooco.in goes AWOL taking its users deposits with it.
17. Announcements of new SC version that uses CPUs as opposed to GPUs will be released.

I am sure I may have missed something here. Feel free to add it in.  Grin

Note: All of this has happened in the short 4-5 week history of solidcoin. Lots of drama I'd say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:22:29 PM

That about sums it up.

I'd add in there are 'unofficial' clients, for those who still wish to support Solidcoin and not CH.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:02:29 PM

You left out the fact that CH fixed artfroz's exploit almost immediately.
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:07:37 PM

You also forgot that that fix disabled DoubleC from opening his exchange.

He released a broken update.

Capping transactions sizes to 4KB was retarded.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:22:39 PM

That's kinda sad, really Sad

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:26:06 PM

DoubleC refused to open the exchange because of the license change, and surrounding drama. There was nothing really "preventing" him from opening the exchange back up after the fix was put in place. This is considering that none of the other 4 exchanges had problems taking coins after the update. As for you thinking the cap was "retarded" is your opinion, which we can clearly see by the original post.
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:27:02 PM

DoubleC refused to open the exchange because of the license change, and surrounding drama. There was nothing really "preventing" him from opening the exchange back up after the fix was put in place. This is considering that none of the other 4 exchanges had problems taking coins after the update. As for you thinking the cap was "retarded" is your opinion, which we can clearly see by the original post.

Uhh no. When that update with the transaction cap was released it disabled DoubleC from allowing deposits and withdrawals.

Get your facts straight.
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:29:11 PM

yes it was retarded because it disallowed the biggest exchange from allowing deposits and withdrawals.

CH has a quick turn around with his "updates" yet when they are released they make the system that much usable. That is retarded. Anyone who writes software should test it it thoroughly before public launch.

Obviously in that case he was rushing.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:29:34 PM

Uhh no. When that update with the transaction cap was released it disabled DoubleC from allowing deposits and withdrawals.

Get your facts straight.
Whatever I am not here to argue. This community is dying because of peoples unwillingness to be civil to each other. Lets hope this piece of shit forum doesn't take Bitcoin and other crypto-currencys with it.
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:37:44 PM

Get your facts straight.
Whatever I am not here to argue. This community is dying because of peoples unwillingness to be civil to each other. Lets hope this piece of shit forum doesn't take Bitcoin and other crypto-currencys with it.

Okay so you are not here to argue but you are here to spread misinformation and tweaked data that looks only at one side of the story.

I have listed a whole slew of things that have happened as facts in the original post concerning solidcoin.

What you have done is try to make things not look as bad as they are.

I am just calling a spade a spade. Solidcoin is a mess and a failure not due to its own doing but the doing of its founder and his followers like yourself.

EDIT: If my being truthful and opening up the facts about what has transpired around solidcoin and CH and its supporters is "uncivil" as you call it, then I am not sure what you would call "civil".

Maybe someone that only has an optimistic and bias view on something in hopes that it will succeed despite its many failures is considered civil ya?
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:39:43 PM

This place seems to be nothing but trolls these days. Most of this crap is fud.

Yes 1.03 the fix for arts transaction exploit broke some transactions, then he released within 24hrs 1.04 which fixed the medium sized transaction bug, and included the please ask me before changing my code license, that pissed off the community. And set the trolls off on over drive.

you also missed the part where everyone said SC was dead and then the price recovered.

and missed the fact that a  hacker, in his zeal to attack solidcoin, attacked the entire community getting the largest exchange FOR ALL COINS to get shut down.

and the fact that these trolls and hackers  are allowed to run free here is probably a huge reason why the bitcoin price is below $5 and staying there. People come here  and it looks like a kindergarden.

If you have real complaints, for sure post them, but 90% of the crap here is just troll crap, and it is destroying the community and bitcoin itself.

Solidcoin is a mess and a failure not due to its own doing but the doing of its founder and his followers like yourself.

actually it was doing just fine, until bitcoin express threated to destroy all alt coins.

and how the hell can you blame moonco.in on solidcoin? and you say you are spreading facts and not fud? LOL

mooo for rent
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:44:33 PM

Guys, guys, I suggest we stop being mean to solidcoin until Ye Promissed Articleth is released.

Local cow-pewter magicians will take a look at it and judge it's worth Cheesy

meanwhile, let's discuss... I dunno. Something else... Do you like anacondas guys ?

They're so cute ^__^

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:45:39 PM

and you say you are spreading facts and not fud? LOL

Really?

Coinhunter is one of the biggest promoters of flaming and falsehoods.

But if you want to help, great!  Maybe you can bend CH's ear and get him to support this as well.

The SolidCoin community can start by publicly denouncing CH's "Bitcoin to Collapse" propaganda.  You know, the lie he paid bounties for people to spread.

I'm waiting  Wink

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 08:54:21 PM

This place seems to be nothing but trolls these days. Most of this crap is fud.

Yes 1.03 the fix for arts transaction exploit broke some transactions, then he released within 24hrs 1.04 which fixed the medium sized transaction bug, and included the please ask me before changing my code license, that pissed off the community. And set the trolls off on over drive.

you also missed the part where everyone said SC was dead and then the price recovered.

Okay. Today where is the price? Right there is no price.

and missed the fact that a  hacker, in his zeal to attack solidcoin, attacked the entire community getting the largest exchange FOR ALL COINS to get shut down.

I presume you are referring to BitcoinEXpress? He merely was responding to CH's touting of an attitude if you look at the threads. And of course CH made an announcement to shutdown SC.

and the fact that these trolls and hackers  are allowed to run free here is probably a huge reason why the bitcoin price is below $5 and staying there. People come here  and it looks like a kindergarden.

I'm sorry you feel that way. But I somehow doubt this subforum is having a huge impact on the overall status of bitcoin.

"oh no guys I'm an early adopter and because they are attacking and debunking solidcoin I need to unload my 200,000 bitcoins now!"

If you have real complaints, for sure post them, but 90% of the crap here is just troll crap, and it is destroying the community and bitcoin itself.

Please mark the 90% of what I put on the initial post as crap. I would sure like to get my facts straight.

Solidcoin is a mess and a failure not due to its own doing but the doing of its founder and his followers like yourself.

actually it was doing just fine, until bitcoin express threated to destroy all alt coins.

Yeah I guess if you consider the largest exchange and largest pool closing down purely based on CH's arrogance as "doing fine".

and how the hell can you blame moonco.in on solidcoin? and you say you are spreading facts and not fud? LOL

Please show me where I said moonco.in shutting down as a result of solidcoin. You need to get your facts straight here.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 09:19:17 PM

Cosbycoin you are smoothie right ? Tongue

Why are you so obsessed by solidcoin ? 250 posts since 12 September... 90% about solidcoin..

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 11:48:16 AM

1. Released with a promising future.

I am sure I may have missed something here. Feel free to add it in.  Grin

everything is correct, except the first one: solidcoin never had a future.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Sp0tter

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:23:11 PM

This looks like an accurate recap to me.    *Stamps his approval on this as a fast way to cut through the silly drama and know what's going on for new people.*

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:27:42 PM

This looks like an accurate recap to me.    *Stamps his approval on this as a fast way to cut through the silly drama and know what's going on for new people.*

Amen

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2011, 01:55:54 PM

I think the solid coin story would make a good movie or at least it could bypass the cinema and dvd completely and go straight to bittorrent.
Would love to see Lorna start her acting career.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 03:55:40 AM

You're preaching to the choir cosbycoin, even though a lot of what you wrote is wrong it doesn't matter, they'll eat it up. Add a few virgin sacrifices, gangland hits and a meth lab while you're at it, they'll applaud and you'll get the attention you seek. Smiley Nothing anyone says is going to stop the steam train which is SC2.0 from coming.

I will make one concession though, I shouldn't have been as naive as I was to assume the hackers and trolls were going to be out as quick as they were. The plan was to migrate to what is now SC2.0 over a few weeks with an upgrade path that didn't affect any users. Due to the attacks I had to shut down the network instead to ensure people didn't lose their investments and make it more abrupt but the end result is the same. The #1 chain.

SolidCoin will restart with thousands of users, thousands of existing investors and more business support. Anyhow I do find threads like this entertaining and I should thank you all for keeping SolidCoin in the news over here.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: