Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Octaex Scam?  (Read 117 times)
ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:02:50 PM

So, if you search for "Octaex" on Twitter, you'll find a lot of tweets about how people are unable to withdraw $ARO.

From the Aronium thread:

Yep, OCTAEX, big time scam.

260 ARO lost, could be worse.

I'm not sure whether this is a problem exclusive to $ARO or whether it affects other currencies as well, but the apparent lack of communication doesn't look well either way and I would be highly suspicious.

Anyone knows more?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Midori_Team

Activity: 60
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:24:42 PM

You can't withdraw any coins..... It is now considered a scam exchange.
Midori_Team

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:27:12 PM

I forget ..... the worste thing it's that they are still accepting deposits .... son new people will be scammed too.
ttookk (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:19:04 PM

Ah, ok. Then, why isn't this discussed here more? I know, it is not exactly a bg exchange, but still, with somewhat exclusive coins and stuff, people still might fall for it.
Midori_Team

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:38:09 PM

Ah, ok. Then, why isn't this discussed here more? I know, it is not exactly a bg exchange, but still, with somewhat exclusive coins and stuff, people still might fall for it.

As you can check … at the end of June the exchange closed and all the coins there are definitively lost ...
ttookk (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:00:26 PM

As you can check … at the end of June the exchange closed and all the coins there are definitively lost ...

Wow, indeed. We didn't have an exit scam from an exchange for quite some time now, did we. Some got hacked, yes, but a whole exchange going off the grid... It's kind of a good sign that stuff like this can happen without completely devastating the market. It indicates that we have at least some type of decentralization on that front. But I mean, if Binance or Bitmex made a move like that, We *might* be in a bit more pain.
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:53:32 PM

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. There was a time i wanted to use it to trade a particular token, but i did not do that again, because the volume there was low. Although, i could remember that some friends complained that they could not withdraw, but i did not follow that up to know the outcome.
Midori_Team

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:58:39 AM

Wow, indeed. We didn't have an exit scam from an exchange for quite some time now, did we. Some got hacked, yes, but a whole exchange going off the grid... It's kind of a good sign that stuff like this can happen without completely devastating the market. It indicates that we have at least some type of decentralization on that front. But I mean, if Binance or Bitmex made a move like that, We *might* be in a bit more pain.
If Binance do something like that....I think the crypto market can really collapse.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: