Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:00:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching an Altcoin? Please do this!  (Read 761 times)
bitideas (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

Before you launch your new altcoin, please at least get the *dot com* of your coin's name and build a website!  If you do, it will make it so much easier to raise awareness in and market your altcoin, not to mention it's a logical first step towards professionalism in the digital world for which you're attempting to provide cryptocurrency.

And don't forget to set up your Subreddit, Twitter, and Facebook, and be active in them! Don't just set it up and walk away!  Especially be active on Twitter, using hashtags that will put your in front of cryptourrency users with very little effort.  And if you offer giveaways, you can get people to spread the word for you and make the coin more valuable.

I'm looking for altcoins to promote, but so many of them that capture my attention seem to have absolutely no marketing plan whatsoever to make them stand out in a world where new coins are falling like rain. Marketing is very important in getting the attention of the developers who will make your coins useful and popular, so please give that some thought. Hundred of millions of people will be finding out about Altcoins over the coming year.  Don't let yours fall by the wayside because nobody knows it exists.

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
R0yalAir

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:53:51 AM

nice intro bitideas & good luck

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:06:02 AM

Also ; please add something of value. Just another altcoin with no utility is a waste of everyone's time, except for the dev who pre-mined it.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
bitideas (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:18:41 AM

Also ; please add something of value. Just another altcoin with no utility is a waste of everyone's time, except for the dev who pre-mined it.

What are things of value that a developer can add to a coin to make it more valuable? What are special features you're already seeing, or would like to see?

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:32:40 AM

What are things of value that a developer can add to a coin to make it more valuable? What are special features you're already seeing, or would like to see?

Your mission should be to think of something the cryptocurrency world needs, and how to offer that.

"launching a new coin" is NOT a good goal per se. It can only be a means to an end.

Ask yourself what your motivation is. Really. Do you just want to make money ? Or do you want to add something usefull to the world ?

Are you a giver or a taker ? We don't need more takers.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:45:14 AM

very good points i think im on the right track.

sebuhcoin is my coin

sebuh.com is my site

facebook.com/sebuh is my company page.

@sebuh_com on twitter

I am trying to launch my own cryptocoin to see how far i can get.

so far i have mined almost 9000 blocks.

i want to try and implement this on my website and offer a packged downloader on the website.

https://github.com/MPOS/php-mpos

http://coingen.bluematt.me/build/7faad07f.zip

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
sebdude420

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:46:41 AM

my mission is to be able to offer my customers free coins equal to what ever they purchase when they come back they can use the coins for discounts monthly raffles and other things of that nature.

i own a small computer repair shop inside a small printing shop i feel like i have a lot to offer with my business backing up the coin

i want to try and integrate my coin and bitcoin into my business.

Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
sebdude420

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:47:00 AM

i want to give my coin away for free to customers as a gateway to lead them into bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: