Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:07:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy bad experience  (Read 1194 times)
dimiro (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:09:31 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 08:41:13 AM by dimiro

I've seen a lot of topics in here about how bad cryptsy is, but really never thought it would hit me..

The other day I was taking part in a pump. And, a small detail first of all - I'm not a big whale/baller, just a simple small fish.

When the pump started, I tried buying BQC coin ASAP, and I succeeded! The system showed me the blue notification thing in the bottom left corner as it always does. I was happy!

But then I noticed a strange thing, I couldn't see any entries in trade history or the action history with this particular coin.

My Coin trade history

Overall account history

And as you know - pumps are fast things, after few minutes it ended, and I was happy I didn't really take part in it, since I believe the system didn't proceed my order. With no entries in trading history, I didn't see any movements in my account balance as well.

Account Balance

After 30 minutes of the pump, I checked my account again and again saw system notifications of orders in the bottom left corner. Now I got really curious what the hell is going on. I didn't see any changes in my account, I basically was completely blind and my account still went on trading. I tried to withdraw my BTC because I didn't like this at all.

Now, remember previous picture where I had 0.09BTC?

So yeah, system proceeded my order, but I didn't see anything, anything!!

Then I tried to check BQC coins by accessing withdraw window, and here it is !

My support ticket is still pending, no reply. Only after couple of hours passed after I sent the support ticket, the coin was properly added to my account, that is trade history, etc. etc.

Thanks Cryptsy, I just lost a share of my money because of your server issues!
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:24:01 AM

Yep. This is why I avoid that exchange if I can and do the majority of my trading on bter.

cthulu1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:04:00 AM

Is this your first day trading or something? Do you even understand what confirmations are? Surely if you had any experience in trading to begin with you'd know better and time your buys accordingly and not buy "on the spot". Just because you lost money doesn't mean Cryptsy sucks, it means you made a poor trade. Adjust your strategies and try again. There's a reason why Cryptsy is rated one of the top exchanges. Big Vern and BitJohn are members of this forum and are very helpful. Better to ask people how things work rather than to start bashing on no premise and looking foolish, especially when you still got your coins. Also, if you're referring to a pump as in someone told you to pump it, that was also your mistake.
dimiro (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:13:07 AM

Is this your first day trading or something? Do you even understand what confirmations are? Surely if you had any experience in trading to begin with you'd know better and time your buys accordingly and not buy "on the spot". Just because you lost money doesn't mean Cryptsy sucks, it means you made a poor trade. Adjust your strategies and try again. There's a reason why Cryptsy is rated one of the top exchanges. Big Vern and BitJohn are members of this forum and are very helpful. Better to ask people how things work rather than to start bashing on no premise and looking foolish, especially when you still got your coins. Also, if you're referring to a pump as in someone told you to pump it, that was also your mistake.

The pump has nothing to do with the situation, It could have been a simple day of trading as well. The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. I didn't see any changes in my account for over two hours, but still received notifications of purchases with no visual recording. About what confirmations are you talking about if the second trade was after 30 minutes and there were still no records on my side of it? For two hours there was nothing in my account going on.

cthulu1

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:19:20 AM

The pump has nothing to do with the situation, It could have been a simple day of trading as well. The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. It was simply visually not recorded and it has nothing to do with any kind of confirmation.

Again, before you go crying wolf, you need to understand what confirmations are. I don't use the coin you're talking about, but the amount of confirmations required for a transaction to appear in your account can vary between 1-100, maybe more. You should probably ask one of the two members I mentioned here to take a look at your problems (if they're still down to help you after you bad mouth them) because any issue I've ever had they have resolved for me. That includes coins that had seemingly disappeared into the abyss. When in doubt, you can always look at the blockchain explorer if the coin has one. Just chill out man, as long as you got the coins there's no reason to go making threads about trivial shit like this.
dimiro (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:29:55 AM

The pump has nothing to do with the situation, It could have been a simple day of trading as well. The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. It was simply visually not recorded and it has nothing to do with any kind of confirmation.

Again, before you go crying wolf, you need to understand what confirmations are. I don't use the coin you're talking about, but the amount of confirmations required for a transaction to appear in your account can vary between 1-100, maybe more. You should probably ask one of the two members I mentioned here to take a look at your problems (if they're still down to help you after you bad mouth them) because any issue I've ever had they have resolved for me. That includes coins that had seemingly disappeared into the abyss. When in doubt, you can always look at the blockchain explorer if the coin has one. Just chill out man, as long as you got the coins there's no reason to go making threads about trivial shit like this.

This topic wasn't about going crying wolf, rather then just sharing my experience. I guess the topic name might be wrong at this point.

Let me put this say this for the last time, and then I'm done. I placed an order, notification popup showed I did, but at the same time "Your Open Orders" was empty. Same pop up showed me that I bought coins, but again "Your Open Orders" was empty, as well as "Trade History".
So you are stating that because of no confirmation, that took over 2 hours, system didn't record any movements in my account, however at the same time even though I saw the numbers of bitcoins I had, in reality there were ZERO of them. How I checked that? Tried to withdraw. And the other way around, even thought I saw ZERO BQC Coin, my actual balance was the number of coins I bought.

I'm chill. I didn't want to make the situation even worse, but theoretically I could withdraw those BQC coins like after 5 minutes of my trade was placed, even thought I didn't see anything in my account. Is this confirmation stuff?
cthulu1

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:41:28 AM

This topic wasn't about going crying wolf, rather then just sharing my experience. I guess the topic name might be wrong at this point.

Let me put this say this for the last time, and then I'm done. I placed an order, notification popup showed I did, but at the same time "Your Open Orders" was empty. Same pop up showed me that I bought coins, but again "Your Open Orders" was empty, as well as "Trade History".
So you are stating that because of no confirmation, that took over 2 hours, system didn't record any movements in my account, however at the same time even though I saw the numbers of bitcoins I had, in reality there were ZERO of them. How I checked that? Tried to withdraw. And the other way around, even thought I saw ZERO BQC Coin, my actual balance was the number of coins I bought.

I'm chill. I didn't want to make the situation even worse, but theoretically I could withdraw those BQC coins like after 5 minutes of my trade was placed, even thought I didn't see anything in my account. Is this confirmation stuff?

As I said, movement isn't shown until confirmations are made. But from the scenario you're describing, I think a simple hard refresh of the page and clearing of your cache would have solved your problem. The only other explanation is that sometimes their system is known to lag a little or have issues. The other day, my DOGE wallet appeared -36,000 coins out of the blue and it freaked me out, but Big Vern posted on twitter that they were updating the wallets and fixing the issues and the balanced restored a little while later. But, other exchanges face things like this too like Coinedup (which is even slower than Cryptsy). Nobody is perfect and sometimes systems have problems, but the crew behind it is on your side. Good luck in your future trading. :]
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:05:41 AM

10 advices how to make a profit from any pump

1) Avoid craptsy...

In Pump and Dump we trust.
cthulu1

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:39:20 AM

Is this your first day trading or something? Do you even understand what confirmations are? Surely if you

Confirmations required for buying and selling huh?

OP described typical day of trading on Cryptsy. Incorrect amounts in balances (pre-trade amounts not post) and no balances for newly purchased coin after the trade.

Clearly you missed the part where he said he was trying to move his BTC about. :p
dimiro (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:43:18 AM

Is this your first day trading or something? Do you even understand what confirmations are? Surely if you

OP described typical day of trading on Cryptsy. Incorrect amounts in balances (pre-trade amounts not post) and no balances for newly purchased coin after the trade.

Clearly you missed the part where he said he was trying to move his BTC about. :p

I believe there is some misunderstanding right here. What I did is following thing - since my account showed me BTC, not BQC coins, I wanted to withdraw them. But as soon as I clicked Withdraw BTC and the popup came, it showed me I had zero BTC, but the same time my account showed that I did have. I didn't withdraw anything, simply because I couldn't.

BQC Coin showed zero at my account, but I could withdraw them. So that is a major server lag/issue.

Check the screenshots, it's all in there.
cthulu1

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:47:31 AM

I believe there is some misunderstanding right here. What I did is following thing - since my account showed me BTC, not BQC coins, I wanted to withdraw them. But as soon as I clicked Withdraw BTC and the popup came, it showed me I had zero BTC, but the same time my account showed that I did have. I didn't withdraw anything, simply because I couldn't.

BQC Coin showed zero at my account, but I could withdraw them. So that is a major server lag/issue.

Yeah, after you explained the issues here:
The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. It was simply visually not recorded and it has nothing to do with any kind of confirmation.

that's what I said it sounded like, lag in their servers. Nothin to do at that point but wait and refresh. Sucks, but you know of any better place to dump some of these coins? :p
Mordillo

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:52:37 AM

Same problems every day. They are not able to solve those problems. Instead, they are busy adding new shit coins every day.

AVOID CRYPTSY!

@cthulu1: stfu, you have no idea.
dimiro (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:00:27 AM

Yeah, after you explained the issues here:
The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. It was simply visually not recorded and it has nothing to do with any kind of confirmation.

that's what I said it sounded like, lag in their servers. Nothin to do at that point but wait and refresh. Sucks, but you know of any better place to dump some of these coins? :p

You are right, there is no place better to dump coins like that and @Mordillo is right as well. You remember that Cryptsy went IPO and raised over million of $? Even with all the goddamn costs in incurred to make company legit, I hardly believe there won't be grands left to optimise website script.

I've been a webmaster myself and I get it, there most definitely is some background work going on. But they really have to put priorities clearly, either they lose some BTC in fees of new coins, or they lose member base.
bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:11:31 AM

The same thing happened to me yesterday and today as well - orders and balances showed up after roughly 2 hours. It sucks to be stuck.... I can feel with you.
Mordillo

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:42:55 PM

Anyone having no problems today?  Huh

One day a new stable trading exchange will open and cryptsy will lose all customers. That's what they deserve! Just to get a feeling how it is to lose money.
Disastrus

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:49:16 PM

I have had it with crypsty as well, weeks I have waited on coins, negative balance and what not...

I like coinex.pw way better...for me it is crypsty without the crap.
Mordillo

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:53:43 PM

I like that coinex.pw and never had problems, but unfortunately not many people are trading there. And some serious coins are not listed there.

I hope they grow fast
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:54:02 PM

well i'm officially in this boat as well.

the thing is the money isn't missing in their system. some of their front end servers are malfunctioning and the balance displays stop updating. if you right click and select "view source" in google chrome and scroll to the bottom there will be an html comment such as

Code:
<!--web1-->

which identifies the server you are on. unfortunately i've just contacted mullick and there is nothing he can do until vern gets online and figures out whats wrong with the server.

so according to the front end server i'm missing .35 btc and 1.89 NVC i attempted to sell, but according to the database everything is there. kinda frustrating and this is my main problem with these event driven node.js platforms.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:55:00 PM

I like that coinex.pw and never had problems, but unfortunately not many people are trading there. And some serious coins are not listed there.

I hope they grow fast

actually coinex pw has had many problems, and still has problems from time to time. they've been hacked several times, thanfully they fixed that problem though.

the remaining problem is with orders showing up twice in the orderbook on the front end and more over  that they use node.js and will eventually be in the same boat as cryptsy is.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Mordillo

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:56:33 PM

I hope they grow fast

actually coinex pw has had many problems, and still has problems from time to time. they've been hacked several times, thanfully they fixed that problem though.

the remaining problem is that they use node.js and will eventually be in the same boat as cryptsy is.

I would donate 3 btc for someone that opens a better exchange.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: