Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 07:09:56 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best alt for a short?  (Read 120 times)
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:15:50 AM

Shorting is a dangerous game - but we have many threads about the best alts for investment - so for a change which is the best for shorting?

Personally I feel like we are in a long slow slide down phase, too much money has been sucked out of the system and no new inflows visible (maybe a next EURo crisis could be a crypto boost - but it is hard to tell) - so in general I predict a slow slide down as people get disinterested.

So here are some types:
LTC - its resurrection out of the purgatory was based on speculations on segwit introduction and lightning - but so far lightning is rather disappointing, there is really no reason for LTC to be in the top market caps.
ETH - the ICO hype is clearly going down and it was probably the number one reason for ETH pump, without it ETH should retrace
IOTA - many technical problems
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:50:24 AM

I agree with your view, holding now is more dangerous in my eyes, better to find coins you would typically hold and short term trade on them, I'm doing a mix of 50/50 hold and trade and I've only lost money holding, trading on the other hand has been bringing me in about 20-30% a week at the moment.

A lot also depends on the amount you trade, anything under 1 BTC some of the lower cap coins are bouncing heavy, for higher amounts you'll need high volume coins which I'm finding are a little more risky in terms of gain potential, I've been swing trading around RSI points and other general research, roadmaps etc.

Blockport has been my best coin for swing trading anything under 1 BTC, it's lacking the volume for big trades but anything under 1 BTC it's been bringing me about 20% a week just buying the RSI dip and selling 10% up.

Neblio was doing me well too but it's just taken a pretty big dip, probably in a good short situation now.

With both the recommended projects I've mentioned, I have long term faith in them so if something goes pear shaped in the short, I don't feel so bad.

For higher volume but smaller gains, EOS looks like a good one right now.
nemagia

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:25:07 AM

Shorting is a dangerous game - but we have many threads about the best alts for investment - so for a change which is the best for shorting?

Personally I feel like we are in a long slow slide down phase, too much money has been sucked out of the system and no new inflows visible (maybe a next EURo crisis could be a crypto boost - but it is hard to tell) - so in general I predict a slow slide down as people get disinterested.

So here are some types:
LTC - its resurrection out of the purgatory was based on speculations on segwit introduction and lightning - but so far lightning is rather disappointing, there is really no reason for LTC to be in the top market caps.
ETH - the ICO hype is clearly going down and it was probably the number one reason for ETH pump, without it ETH should retrace
For the short-term investments the tron is most suitable, and the last time is very much pumped out. I also noticed that the Zilliqa is used by many for the same purposes.
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:55:53 AM

So here are some types:
For the short-term investments the tron is most suitable, and the last time is very much pumped out. I also noticed that the Zilliqa is used by many for the same purposes.

Short does not mean short term - it means a www.investopedia.com/terms/s/short.asp .
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:00:24 AM

Short is sell now and buy later cheaper. About alt to buy for short-term i can recommend PChain (PAI) - new blockchain about x2 from ICO price now, no big exchanges, have big potential (search Suppoman on youtube - he recommend it too).

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Tak bersalah

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:26:37 AM

For now I advise you to try to invest in altcoins like docademic and morpheus network because has potential profit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: