Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid getting scammed.  (Read 3642 times)
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:39:05 PM

I think the first think you need to do is that before giving any personal information check the site properly. Dont share your email id and phone number to any public post and always secure your private key. Scammers always try to keep looking for this stuffs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:01:27 PM

At first do a simple on the market of crypto currency. Make a list of top 10 or 20 coins or tokens that are operating in the market. Then separate the new and old coins. Then look at the past results of the old coins. You can also take advice from the experts of this market. Focus on the safety rather than profit when you are new.
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:05:31 PM

im a newbie here i really want to get much experience in cryptocurrency and i myself want to learn a lot about it but since im new in this industry everybody warn me to be careful in trading, i really dont know what trading is and how can i get my money stolen from that thing can you guys explain to me?

Read a lot. The opinion of other people should be listened to, but it must be checked. Be calm, do not give in to emotions, panic. Do not invest all that is, in one project. Do not get involved in questionable schemes that promise thousands of percent of profits. And most importantly, read the forum.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:10:57 PM

To avoid scammers, you need to have the knowledge and experience of the trade. And should join the discussion group, sharing experience to be able to ask when there is any doubt. And you need to improve the security of your accounts to prevent hackers. Absolutely no dealings with strangers without using escrow.
len23

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:11:29 PM

Read and research is the best way so that you will not get scammed.Do not waste your money,you need to learn and get more knowledge before doing anything in crypto,do not rush things you will loose if you do that.
greenvally

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:36:23 AM

Choose your project with due care. Go through their websites properly and investigate on the team working behind. See how their project and if it is possible to accomplish that. Then take your decision. You can also ask in the forum. Thus the chances of gatting scammed might be reduced.
Flexystar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:41:34 AM

im a newbie here i really want to get much experience in cryptocurrency and i myself want to learn a lot about it but since im new in this industry everybody warn me to be careful in trading, i really dont know what trading is and how can i get my money stolen from that thing can you guys explain to me?

- Asking about something that you dont know about before investing is the first rule for not getting scammed here.
- If you have no knowledge about something, like ICO, projects, campaigns or if you are in ambiguous situation then always ask first, seek advices on the forum and then make the investment.
-Proper study of the project and trades (about coin) is always advisable and you must be smart enough to point out differences between all of them.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:07:40 AM

Here is the article on the topic: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/how-to-identify-scam-icos it might be useful, for the beginners.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:24:29 AM

- Asking about something that you dont know about before investing is the first rule for not getting scammed here.
- If you have no knowledge about something, like ICO, projects, campaigns or if you are in ambiguous situation then always ask first, seek advices on the forum and then make the investment.
-Proper study of the project and trades (about coin) is always advisable and you must be smart enough to point out differences between all of them.
Very nicely put. These points are really helpful and I completely agree. Research and luck are 2 crucial factors to avoid getting scammed through any ICO in my opinion. I tend to do a good bit of research before investing into any ICO or working on a particular bounty campaign which is the reason why I never got scammed until now. The whitepaper and the project manager are the 2 factors which I tend to research primarily.

InflamesAndrei

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:30:21 AM

If you trade but you are still a newbie it is very messy, and it is definitely confusing. it's better not to trade first, pahali first his knowledge, much to learn about the world of cryptocurrency, do not rush to trade. and if you already know the true world of cryptocurrency most likely you are safe from scammed
Knowledge is your main weapon in the world of cryptocurrencies. You can start with trading, but small amounts, so to speak to gain experience.
litolapis1

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:34:06 AM

Your are participating in a most dangerous work in cryptocurrency. Trading will take your money at risk if you dont even knowledge from it. Better try to read more about trading watch videos from sources. Lack of ideas and techniques will lead to scam.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:47:14 AM

Well, trading itself doesnt impose a risk of being scammed (as long as you trade on exchanges that are not scamming people by default - I suggest to stick with big exchanges), however if you have no experience in trading there is a huge risk that you will take the wrong decisions and therefore "lose" your money while trading. Be careful but if you make mistakes, its normal, the learning curve is steep!
Once we have decided to get into the world of the crypto currencies, then we must keep this thing in our minds that we will come across different kind of scams and that we need to be very much careful while dealing with the things as you never know whom you are dealing. Having the right amount of information is the only thing which can then help you in staying away from such kind of scams in your life.
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:52:01 AM

Now ICO is a business, many scammers are ready to pour in thousands of dollars to launch the ICO to collect even more. Therefore it is not so easy to distinguish a scam from a normal project. It can be determined only by indirect evidence. If you are not sure about the project, then run away. it's pure analyst + luck
Balorck

Activity: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

I'm trying to learn as a beginner, but not to invest in the company at once! even without investment, you can participate in bounty companies that are scams!!
KarinaMix

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:25:08 PM

carefully study and read all the rules carefully, all the conditions also need to be read carefully, and for a beginner this is the most important practice, look more and read more, learn more and ask
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

basically dun believe in any single point of info, always verify and re-verify. never give ur wallet keys to anybody. never contribute to icos via random links, always read instructions super carefully, avoid dodgy exchanges too.
Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 06:49:56 PM

You should read about theory of cryptocurrency and blockchain. When you more or less understand something, you will able to read whitepaper. Analysing of wp often help detecting scams. 

ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:03:12 AM

there is no way someone will get it explained to you in just one single post. Especially if you're saying you have no idea what trading is, it's exchanging the currencies. You should start with basics.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
thomillllistic

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:08:40 AM

First things you must do is check the URL that you will be visiting. That way you are already avoiding phising scams. Next is the website that you will do the trade. I prefer going to the populated ones like Bittrex and binouce
If you are going for Ethereum to Erc20 tokens then Idex will be a good idea. It is tested and proven already to be a decentralized platform.Some prefer the old one like poloniex. You could also do trades there but I bet some of their coins do not have much movement.
cryptoking33

Activity: 79
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:10:42 AM

Without experience you cannot involve yourself in cryptocurrencies business so you really need to learn the robes before you jump into the business. If you want to trade you need to consult professionals who are very vast in the business of trading to lecture you or else you might lose your money.

★☆★ Ultra ★☆★
Next-generation games distribution platform !
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: