Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:22:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving Eth To Receive Eth Scam  (Read 983 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 7156

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:22:53 PM

People should really not fall for these tricks with all the information about scams available for free all over the Internet. It is like falling for those email scams when you get contacted by a US General stationed in Iraq who found $20 million and wants to send you a cut. Just tell your family there is no such thing, if people on the street dont come up to you and offer you give them 50$ in return for 100$ why would it work online.

But be aware that there are campaigns that have a smart contract where you need to send them 0 ETH or a very small amount - like 0.00001 ETH and in return you receive their native tokens. This is not a scam and I have seen that two campaigns did this successfully.
Jateng

Activity: 1294
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:43:40 PM

My question is, what do you suggest we can do to prevent our friends and family from falling prey into such scam? Do you use any software or add-on to block fake accounts from appearing on your Twitter timeline?

I am not using any software to detect the scam project amd I think there is no software to detect scams. It is really hard to determine which is which. In the point that the project is already requiring to donate some eth, even though I spend my time in this project, I am avoiding it and does not donating any amount. Some project also requires to buy a certain amount of coin using eth, I am rejecting that project and just find another project.
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:52:08 PM

All we need is more education. If it sounds too good to be true, it's not
meusyou

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 10:43:20 PM

If everyone can tame the greed in them to the barest minimum, then such will die a naturally death due to no or very low patronage. I think the best way to be truly safe from such is knowing that there are no father Christmas in this space and is every man for himself. Always engage your brain in dealing with anyone and be on the look out for red signs/ flag/ signal or other appearance of scam.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 10:36:04 AM

You should educate that such things are happening and let them know various methods scammers and hackers are doing to steal your coins, knowledge is power if they know these things, they know what to avoid and who to avoid and how to react on those situations.
chidi6957

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:01:08 PM

First time I saw that trick on twitter, I nearly fell for it. But funny enough is that its more rampant on twitter and lots of novice seems to keep falling for the scam. That's why its good to get updated on this forum as it will help inform any novice about this or any other kind of funny scams.
Yungphash

Activity: 166

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:02:31 PM

They now use telegram to scam newbies.
They add people to their group chat and you will start seeing fake testimonies about sending and receiving profits within minutes.
You get banned/muted immediately if you try to raise an alarm. Telegram needs to look into this act of cloning groups and channels.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 04:23:58 AM

I don't think that there are still some people who would fall for this kind of scam.
I mean even kids this days wouldn't fall for this one,
Why would they ask you for money at first if they would just give you more in return.
I have encounter so many people who tried this trick on me and I only had fun talking to them.
I would just ask them to send me my profit first then I would send back the amount that they are asking.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 05:07:07 PM

I have one rule in my life, I do not send money to any unknown person. If person is asking for money to provide to more money than 100% he is a scammer. Although most of crypto traders are aware of such scams but still some of them fall pray to such scammers. One of my friend who is an experienced crypto hunter rather he brought me to this crypto world fell pray to one scammer claiming to send more ETH, around 1 ETH was scammed in that transactions. Sometime even an experienced person becomes victim. One should be very careful while sending money online to any such person claiming to give you more profit in return.
Arian247

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 10:13:05 PM

You don't really needed any software to help you from being scammed, logically it's obvious to know that there's no body that'll give you free eht by sending your own personal ether. No freebies in the crypto sphere, you earn what you get
Arian247

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 10:15:42 PM

Even the so called airdrop now needs your full info so you give out something to get something in return. No one knows what all these companies use our personal info for in the so called airdrops
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: