Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:29:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is crypto legal in your country?  (Read 3504 times)
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:00:00 PM

countries that forbid, maybe, because there are many ico programs that are not real, in matters of investment, my country does not prohibit, whether the program is ico or something else, the state prohibits if crypto is made the main currency
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:01:16 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2018, 12:52:41 AM by Question123

Crypto is legal to my country. Because if you are going to see here in Philippines more established are using cryptocurrency. And the government recognize bitcoin as payment. I hope in the end my country will not against in bitcoin.
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:34:37 PM

KYC are done to prevent members of some countries from participating in ICO because it is illegal over there. Does your country permit you to participate in ICO?
in my country it prohibits crypto trading, because cryptocurrency can interfere with the existence of fiat currencies in my country. then crypto has a big risk because there is no clear law on crypto.

rosebrand

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:43:20 PM

Until now, in my country, the existence of crypto is still not approved by the government, but they also do not prohibit us from using crypto as long as it is only an investment tool. to participate in the ICO of my country also does not allow or prohibit it because every individual who bears all risks and the state is not responsible if the loss that occurs at one time in us.

Karlblaise1

Activity: 131
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:45:02 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2018, 10:06:28 PM by Karlblaise1

The government of my country is still trying to figure out what cryptocurrency is all about, the benefits and the demerits that goes with it. They hardly think it as a waste of effort trying to invest time in things that are just imaginary.

As God will have it, it's neither legal nor illegal; paving way for the citizens to exploit the opportunity in making ends meet.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:05:16 AM

In our country, there are no law regulation governing crypto currency and I could also say that it is legal in the Philippines because many crypto exchange services are registered with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (central bank of the Republic of the Philippines).
stue

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:21:22 AM

I think there are many people who misunderstand the application of KYC to the ICO. In my opinion, the use of KYC is more of an emphasis on fraud that can be done by the participants. The state does not allow its people to use crypto, but the state does not allow crypto to be used as a transaction tool in their country. That way, in countries that still have the ban, the people can still use crypto and join the ICO as a positive step to make money.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 12:29:37 AM

Illegal? What countries specifically is crypto illegal?
As far as I know there are no countries that have actually gone and made crypto illegal.
There were some who threatened (most notably India) but none that have actually made laws.

As far as the KYC thing goes, it would do you good to be more informed.
KYC has nothing to do with legality.
Know You Customer was a general policy many nations agreed upon to help stop money laundering.
Before this, you could open a foreign bank account in some countries without any documentation.
After this, you typically have to do it in person and provide IDs.
America is pretty strict with this regulation when it comes to banks.

For ICOs, there is nothing at all that says you have to do KYC.
But many companies don't want to deal with potential future legal issues by accepting US investors.

moon sorcerers

Activity: 700

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:41:39 AM

there is no clear regulation about crypto in my country, my country also has not issued a regulation on crypto, it's just that there is a ban on using crypto currency as a transaction payment tool, I really hope the government in my country immediately issues a regulation for crypto and legalizes it

marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 01:08:05 AM

In our county, yes, it is legal. In fact there are some applications for us that we want to convert our physical money to crytpocurrency. And it is almost innovated here. I am also felt sorry about the other country that is still being restricted to use and possess cryptocurrency.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 01:12:20 AM

KYC are done to prevent members of some countries from participating in ICO because it is illegal over there. Does your country permit you to participate in ICO?

in my country, the government stays neutral on cryptocurrency.  there are several companies that does online services where people can buy/sell bitcoins and ethereum.  some also have mobile wallet versions that also integrates bill payments and bank deposits/withdrawals.  of course, there are KYC needed for those who want larger daily transaction amounts.  those who doesn't want to do KYC and still transact on limited amount.
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:15:49 AM

Fortunately crypto is legal in my country and even the tax problem is solved. The country i live in would be prepared to switch to crypto and i personally would be too. But until then it is still a long way.
Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:32:24 AM

I don't think of a reason why ICO iis prohibited in a lot of countries. In my country, Philippines, we are free to join campaigns and also invest on the ICOS. We are not discouraged to do what we want, and no government is stopping us to support the cryptocurrencies that I think other countries should adopt.

Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:49:35 AM

Unfortunately not yet, this is because the political problems in my country are more dominant than the economy, until now my country has not given an official statement about crypto, they only say that crypto cannot be used for legal transactions.
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:37:21 AM

Unfortunately not yet, this is because the political problems in my country are more dominant than the economy, until now my country has not given an official statement about crypto, they only say that crypto cannot be used for legal transactions.

Same in my country, until now there are no clear and definite rules regarding crypto in my country, the last statement from the finance minister is to prohibit using crypto for legal transactions and only fiat is legalized.

befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:39:12 AM

My country is allowed to participate in bounty campaigns and investment programs in ICO projects. I have a question as to why Americans are so often easily banned from participating in bounty campaigns. It's a great power but why are there some campaigns that do not allow them to join? Even China is in such trouble.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:46:29 AM

Yup. Not much issue where I live.
Crypto is "sort of" accepted and supported by the country's Central Bank and exchanges are regulated as well.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:53:10 AM

In my country crypto is illegal but we are not prohibited from participating in ico or crypto sales. we can still trade crypto here. There is even a local exchange in our country. and we can still freely participate in the bounty campaign.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:01:45 AM

Basically, in my country, they never banned transactions or anything related to cryptocurrency. So it's legal to say and in fact not much in our country is informed or know that cryptocurrency is rampant in the country. I guess you can say that cryptocurrency in our country is legal and free to use.

martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:05:36 AM

Yes, my country allows people to access the ICO project. Many people now join Cryptocurrency because they are interested in making big profits. Participating in ICO is very useful because we can also invest in and carry out campaigns. And all of that can make a profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: