Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 07:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NXT] Community nominations to the funding comittee  (Read 9847 times)
mww

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:14:49 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 09:44:11 PM by mww

I hereby officially nominate mww to be a member of the Marketing Committee.   In his day job he is the lead digital analyst for one of the big 4 marketing communications companies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4916954#msg4916954

I'd be more than happy to do this. While i'm new to the community, my knowledge of digital and non-digital advertising would prove a big asset for a start-up project like this.

Feel free to fire any questions at me

Thanks,

So he says?

I would happily verify my standings within my company with a few trusted members of the community. but my identity has to stay somewhat hidden as it is against my contract to preform any outside work relating to digital advertising while i'm still working for my agency, so full disclosure of my personal information(name, address, ect) is a no-no until i leave my job june-july time.

But as i said in the other post, i believe in NXT and would be very proud to assist, especially as i have a very large amount of my savings currently invested.

Thanks,

edit: im going to check with my HR people tomorrow.
Pouncer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:09:57 PM

I think rickyjames can participate (not just as a reserve), since his current treasurer's responsibility is for a totally independent private donors fund. He asks some tough questions, which is good.

One note (I think it's obvious): we should strive to put those people on the committee, who don't have large pet projects of their own.
Which is one reason I don't want to be nominated.
I'm still going to try to reach some sort of concensus agreement about the green marketing aspects of NXT.

My nominations (at the moment) are:

Tech Committee:

Davethetrousers
Anon136
Wesleyh

Infrastructure Committee:
Opticarrier
laowai80
ferment
rickyjames (as a reserve?)

Marketing Committee:
Salsacz
Uniqueorn
Utopianfuture
Joefox
Nifty
Tai Zen
brooklynbtc

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:11:04 PM

I hereby officially nominate mww to be a member of the Marketing Committee.   In his day job he is the lead digital analyst for one of the big 4 marketing communications companies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4916954#msg4916954

I'd be more than happy to do this. While i'm new to the community, my knowledge of digital and non-digital advertising would prove a big asset for a start-up project like this.

Feel free to fire any questions at me

Thanks,

So he says?

I would happily verify my standings within my company with a few trusted members of the community. but my identity has to stay somewhat hidden as it is against my contract to preform any outside work relating to digital advertising while i'm still working for my agency, so full disclosure of my personal information(name, address, ect) is a no-no until i leave my job june-july time.

But as i said in the other post, i believe in NXT and would be very proud to assist, especially as i have a very large amount of my savings currently invested.

Thanks,

Anon could be the guy to verify you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3028
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:28:34 AM

Any chance for a guy like me to be on the tech committee?

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:12:05 AM

1)
Allwelder....I think he is managing marketing in China already.

& The guy from the Vk site with a couple thousand followers....I don;t remember his name.

BOTH FOR MARKETING

2)
Also James for Tech.

NxtChg

Activity: 840

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:11:03 PM

Can we see some qualifications? Wink

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:17:32 PM

On a slightly different point, ie real-world identities of the committee members, in case they decide to make a run for Costa Rica.
I'm assuming that everyone is happy to provide ID/address/telephone nr information to a few trusted individuals, but not to the entire community. Yep ? But who do you trust with your ID info?

I'm prepared to act as one of the ID verification agents, both to check that committee members ID info is correct and to store that info in strict confidentiality unless needed in the event of a problem.

We'll need to work out procedures for this, for example to set conditions for the release of ID info, and to establish an escalation procedure if one of the committee members gets up to something dodgy (or just goes away suddenly, like CfB and his appendix recently)

I'm also completely OK with revealing my ID details to anyone who stores their ID info with me.
Think we will need 2 or 3 ID verification agents, in case one is not available for whatever reason.

Let me know what u think, and also think about proposing some other people as ID verification agents.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 10:30:17 PM

On a slightly different point, ie real-world identities of the committee members, in case they decide to make a run for Costa Rica.
I'm assuming that everyone is happy to provide ID/address/telephone nr information to a few trusted individuals, but not to the entire community. Yep ? But who do you trust with your ID info?

I'm prepared to act as one of the ID verification agents, both to check that committee members ID info is correct and to store that info in strict confidentiality unless needed in the event of a problem.

We'll need to work out procedures for this, for example to set conditions for the release of ID info, and to establish an escalation procedure if one of the committee members gets up to something dodgy (or just goes away suddenly, like CfB and his appendix recently)

I'm also completely OK with revealing my ID details to anyone who stores their ID info with me.
Think we will need 2 or 3 ID verification agents, in case one is not available for whatever reason.

Let me know what u think, and also think about proposing some other people as ID verification agents.

By separating funds access from funds allocation, we remove the need to know about anyones identity. I want to make sure we hear ALL the best ideas. Let the best idea win. Who cares about what the passport of the person who has the best idea is???

If we lose a SINGLE person due to ID requirement, that is one person too many.

If a committee member misses a vote, we just give a warning. Three warnings and then off the committee. Simple, easy, no ID required

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 10:30:51 PM

Can we see some qualifications? Wink
I can beat you at a game of chess

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:25:59 AM

On a slightly different point....

snip!

..agents.

By separating funds access from funds allocation, we remove the need to know about anyones identity. I want to make sure we hear ALL the best ideas. Let the best idea win. Who cares about what the passport of the person who has the best idea is???

If we lose a SINGLE person due to ID requirement, that is one person too many.

If a committee member misses a vote, we just give a warning. Three warnings and then off the committee. Simple, easy, no ID required

James

Fair enough, my offer will remain open if it's ever needed for anything in the future.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

Can you explain to me please how I will be 'forced' to spend the money as the committee suggests?

Just playing devil's advocate here..

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:05:33 PM

Can you explain to me please how I will be 'forced' to spend the money as the committee suggests?

In what way do you mean?
Those the committee give NXT to? I think the best way is the standard way: pay after work is done.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:34:31 PM

You will be fitted with a snug, but effective testicle squeezer.  Smiley

Seriously: I don't think you can be. This is something we will have to trust you on, based on your past behaviour.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:42:42 PM

Man re-read your post now, I really need to stop drinking whiskey ;P

Well, the trustees will have their identity spilled if they run with the NXT. Being labled by a community of 20 000+ people as a fraud will probably have real life consequences, so I doubt anyone is dumb enough to do it.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:27:38 PM

Speaking for myself who am eponymous this would be difficult to do (ignore the community or run with the coins).
Do we want anonymity for the keepers?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 12:56:27 AM

Speaking for myself who am eponymous this would be difficult to do (ignore the community or run with the coins).
Moot point as you are drafted to be one of the treasurers
Thankless task of basically escrow function, so committee decides and whatever that is you need to send funds

We just need to make sure committees dont authorize any silly expenditures

Please blame pouncer, it was his idea Smiley

Only people everyone could come to consensus on, plus who doesnt like to boss around millionaires!

Now we need to fill committee slots and get the show on the road

James

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:57:43 AM

I thought everyone agreed that it was a good idea for the keepers to have to reveal their identity as it is 100% voluntary to be a keeper.
It's just plain common sense from my POV
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:58:42 AM

So, have we chosen 3 keepers? If yes, then I'm waiting when they post Nxt accounts.
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:25:17 AM

So, have we chosen 3 keepers? If yes, then I'm waiting when they post Nxt accounts.
James has sent me a pm about calling me to become one of the keepers, to keep 3M for funding future tech committee allocations.
Since I saw my name two or three times being mentioned in the public thread as well (along with klee, neer.g as three keepers with Pouncer as the alternative), here I am to decline the offer. So now you can ask Pouncer to be the third keeper fot that 3M tech public fund.
Thank you all for the trust.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:18:45 AM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: