Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 02:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NXT] Community nominations to the funding comittee  (Read 9847 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:32:44 PM

gateway=exchange?

It's related to Asset Exchange. Similar to Ripple gateways.
Can you link to some more detailed information please.

https://ripple.com/guide-to-ripple-gateways/
Pouncer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:37:24 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 10:53:03 PM by Pouncer

2'904'675 NXT was sent to each of the accounts:

http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=8229158905562123840
http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=419112573708720396
http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=818794594833884287

PS: Only 100k left on the account controlled by me. It will be used to pay the reward for the injected fatal flaw. All other rewards/bounties must be paid from the accounts controlled by the keepers.

@CfB, thanks. I promise to keep it secure and await instructions to disburse the funds from my "boss", whoever he/she may be.

@rickyjames, klee, neer.g
Now that the funds are in, we have to agree on a method to safeguard it. So far, there are 2 options
(1) Pre-addressed envelope
(2) Encrypted file containing passphrase

If we agree on (1), we have to start exchanging postal addresses
If we agree on (2), we have to start exchanging email addresses

I prefer (2). If the method is too complicated, I propose a simplified version - option (3)
  • Use AES Crypt instead of Truecrypt. It is much easier to use.
  • If you're not comfortable using deathswitch.com, we could just encrypt the text file containing passphrase and ask someone we trust to keep it and to email it to the recipients - much the same way we'd need someone to physically take the envelope out of the safe deposit box & post it.
  • Once the text file containing the passphrase has been encrypted, we immediately send decryption key to all other treasurers by ordinary email (no need to use bitmessage). This way we can confirm that the backup process has been completed.

What do you guys think? Once we've agreed on the method, we can post it in the main thread.

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
neer.g

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:38:48 AM

I prefer (2). If the method is too complicated, I propose a simplified version - option (3)
  • If you're not comfortable using deathswitch.com, we could just encrypt the text file containing passphrase and ask someone we trust to keep it and to email it to the recipients - much the same way we'd need someone to physically take the envelope out of the safe deposit box & post it.
  • Once the text file containing the passphrase has been encrypted, we immediately send decryption key to all other treasurers by ordinary email (no need to use bitmessage). This way we can confirm that the backup process has been completed.
What do you guys think? Once we've agreed on the method, we can post it in the main thread.

I would go with option no. 3.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:32:17 PM

+1

I will need help though to make sure I don't do something stupid in the process!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:35:17 PM

I will need help though to make sure I don't do something stupid in the process!

Just make sure u don't copy the account in ur signature when sending the money.  Smiley
Pouncer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:52:09 PM

+1

Not sure what rickyjames thinks, but looks like he's got the envelope solution sorted out. We could use this among the 3 of us.

1. Download AES from https://www.aescrypt.com/download/
2. After installation, drag the AESCrypt.app icon from App folder to desktop
3. Create a new text file. Enter passphrase of your Nxtfund and save it. eg. KLee.txt
4. Drag Klee.txt and drop it over the AESCrypt.app icon on the desktop
5. You'll be prompted to enter a password. Enter a password & click "Continue"
6. You should see the encrypted file KLee.txt.aes in your finder.
7. SECURE DELETE the unencrypted file Klee.txt (important!)
8. Send encryption password to other treasurers by email
9. Give Klee.txt.aes and treasurers' emails to someone you trust, with instructions.

Hope this helps. I'll PM my email to you & neer.g  and we can test it out with a dummy file

To decrypt, drag the KLee.txt.aes file to the AESCrypt.app icon, enter password and the a copy of decrypted file KLee.txt will appear in the finder.

So much trouble bcos of "Trust noone" Smiley

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:32:06 PM

+1

I am good with Option 3 as well.  I am in the process of creating two new accounts in support of James/kLee and his efforts on NXTcash.  These would be NXTcashoperatingfund and NXTcashcompletionbonusfund.  Once I have these later today I will have three accounts and three passwords I will cycle through this process.

Not sure what rickyjames thinks, but looks like he's got the envelope solution sorted out. We could use this among the 3 of us.

1. Download AES from https://www.aescrypt.com/download/
2. After installation, drag the AESCrypt.app icon from App folder to desktop
3. Create a new text file. Enter passphrase of your Nxtfund and save it. eg. KLee.txt
4. Drag Klee.txt and drop it over the AESCrypt.app icon on the desktop
5. You'll be prompted to enter a password. Enter a password & click "Continue"
6. You should see the encrypted file KLee.txt.aes in your finder.
7. SECURE DELETE the unencrypted file Klee.txt (important!)
8. Send encryption password to other treasurers by email
9. Give Klee.txt.aes and treasurers' emails to someone you trust, with instructions.

Hope this helps. I'll PM my email to you & neer.g  and we can test it out with a dummy file

To decrypt, drag the KLee.txt.aes file to the AESCrypt.app icon, enter password and the a copy of decrypted file KLee.txt will appear in the finder.

So much trouble bcos of "Trust noone" Smiley

I am OK with option 3 also.  I am currently setting up two new accounts in support of James / NXTcash.  These will be NXTcashoperatingfund and NXTcashcompletionbonusfund.  Once I've got these set up, I'll get back to you guys with three passwords to cycle through this process. 
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:27:15 PM

So, we have the treasurers.

Have the committees already been decided?

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:14:46 AM

Nope, not yet.
I have been nominated by a few guys so I am willing to step up. I have already spent 2 months on NXT and pioneered the marketing angle of NXT, so I'd fit on the marketing committee.
I have a ton of projects up my sleeves and can sympathize with great community members who are lacking payment for their efforts so I will be 100% fair in all ways.
There are several members that can verifiy this, I am just eager to get a committee going so that we can move NXT to the nxt level
CoinTropolis_NiftyNikel

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:53:26 AM

Nope, not yet.
I have been nominated by a few guys so I am willing to step up. I have already spent 2 months on NXT and pioneered the marketing angle of NXT, so I'd fit on the marketing committee.
I have a ton of projects up my sleeves and can sympathize with great community members who are lacking payment for their efforts so I will be 100% fair in all ways.
There are several members that can verifiy this, I am just eager to get a committee going so that we can move NXT to the nxt level

I am right there with Uniqueorn, I can't wait to get this marketing committee together so we can get to work.

I have been nominated by a couple guys as well and look forward to the opportunity if I get a position on the committee. I am also part of a start up company that I can get involved with Nxt to amplify my efforts Smiley
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:23:33 AM

Nope, not yet.

I am right there with Uniqueorn, I can't wait to get this marketing committee together so we can get to work.

I have been nominated by a couple guys as well and look forward to the opportunity if I get a position on the committee. I am also part of a start up company that I can get involved with Nxt to amplify my efforts Smiley

It would seem like a good idea, knowing our voting track record, to start with getting this show on the road, so the committees can be formed and get working. Wink

Who will take the lead in this? UP?

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:06:06 PM

Hey keepers why not just use PGP? We could send the pwds to each other just by encrypting it with the public keys!

Then any medium will be safe, even here!

My public key just in case:

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.20 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
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=ZOem
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:34:49 PM

Soooooo...... let's vote Grin
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:42:57 PM

candidates?

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:13:42 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:24:38 PM by pinarello

Unclaimed coins fund forming commitees.

candidates for the commitees, please apply!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsrKGhOkVcFpdFRFeHNUdWx3Qy1nTjBPLUFNWUJKQkE&usp=sharing

Please somebody post this on nextcoin.org also.

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:49:58 PM

Good question raised by opti:

As obvious it is for marketing, there is a thin line between infrastructure and Tech fund.

what is the scope of:

NXTinfrastructurefund

NXTmarketingfund

NXTtechfund

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:15:31 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 06:31:37 PM by bitcoinpaul

One thing is clear: People should not think of this committee group as the officials who are solely responsible for Nxt to develop further into the future. Everyone in the community still needs to develop ideas and think on their own. The committees are first and foremost responsible for the unclaimed coins as a source for bounties and initiators of discussions on ideas from the community.

This is no foundation.
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:10:58 PM

One thing is clear: People should not think of this committee group as the officials who are solely responsible for Nxt to develop further into the future. Everyone in the community still needs to develop ideas and think on their own. The committees are first and foremost responsible for the unclaimed coins as a source for bounties and initiators of discussions on ideas from the community.

This is no foundation.

+1 and I think this is very clear for everyone,

but they will have to challenge the different projects and vote on allocating fund to projects as I understand it?

EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:16:38 PM

Infra: What is HW? We are going to develop it? You mean back-end?
Tech: Here are end user clients, etc?

What are criterias for CANDIDATES? Who choses? How? When? What is replacement process for chosen one due to death?

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:22:47 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 07:41:43 PM by pinarello

Infra: What is HW? We are going to develop it? You mean back-end?
Tech: Here are end user clients, etc?

What are criterias for CANDIDATES? Who choses? How? When? What is replacement process for chosen one due to death?

I think the community has to define the difference between infra projects and tech projects, sometimes they will collide...

personally I see infra more as for example hardware, clients, VPS management, etc..., the tech side imo is more code related...

We (the community) will vote for the committee members, as members fall away we (the community) choose new ones.

feel free to discuss here...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: