Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:02:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cex.io VS bit-mining.io  (Read 4351 times)
vchierici (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:11:31 PM

I would like to spend 1BTC in GHS and I've noticed that on bit-mining the Ghs/BTC rate is 0.025 instead of 0.034 of CEX. I'm oriented on bit-mining due the lower price... Am i wrong?

What should i care about? Fees? Difficulty rate?

Any help will be greatly appreciated  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:17:35 PM

Anything came after cex.io same like cex.io in pattern, are due to popularity gain by cex.io. Means they are jealous with cex.io popularity and may be can't afford the load which cex.io can bear as they designed it first and remain first in all things.

If anyone stand in front of cex.io in same format , i prefer cex.io as they are original idea not just clone due to popularity.

** FREE SPACE **
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:19:35 PM

You will be losing money on either proposition.  There's no point worrying about numbers.

The only way to make money at CEX.IO is buying low and selling it at a higher price (assuming it goes higher).

If you enjoy playing on the websites nobody should do anything to discourage that, but understand that you will be pissing away your 1BTC.

Best choice would be to buy 1 BTC and hold it.  If you want to flip stuff, practice flipping on an exchange.
vchierici (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

The only way to make money at CEX.IO is buying low and selling it at a higher price (assuming it goes higher).

How can i provide that? Does something real could influence the trend?
krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:23:39 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 08:24:50 PM by krampus

Just go ahead and destroy the private key for the wallet that holds your 1BTC. Print it out and set it on fire to make things more entertaining.

This will undoubtedly be just as effective as "mining" at cex.io (or any of the same ilk).

A bunch of idiots will no doubt proceed to assault me for daring to point out the realities of "mining" at cex.io, but those people are, as I said, idiots. And I bet every single one of them has a fucking cex.io referral link in their signature.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:03:17 AM

Not sure what you're asking.  When you buy 10GH/s for 0.34BTC and then sell it for 0.38BTC you make 10x0.04BTC = 0.4BTC (plus any mining revenue).

The reason everybody isn't doing this is because the price should be continually heading down.  The only reason for it to go up is uninformed new buyers... so basically you make profit at the expense of, for a lack of a better term, stupid noobs.
krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:18:12 AM

The reason everybody isn't doing this is because the price should be continually heading down.  The only reason for it to go up is uninformed new buyers... so basically you make profit at the expense of, for a lack of a better term, stupid noobs.

Actually, I'm starting to come around on this cex.io idea. I mean, there are so many blithering idiots roaming around this forum with money to burn (and burn it will) that it shouldn't actually be that hard to fleece one or two or ten of them. They're coming out of the woodwork! Everywhere you look on this forum, you find utter morons who think that this is a good idea!

/strokes beard and contemplates world domination.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:21:17 AM

I would like to spend 1BTC in GHS and I've noticed that on bit-mining the Ghs/BTC rate is 0.025 instead of 0.034 of CEX. I'm oriented on bit-mining due the lower price... Am i wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated  Smiley

CEX hash is overpriced. You are better of investing in bit-mining instead...
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:32:19 AM

The reason everybody isn't doing this is because the price should be continually heading down.  The only reason for it to go up is uninformed new buyers... so basically you make profit at the expense of, for a lack of a better term, stupid noobs.

Well said.

Don't expect to get your investment back, if you invest in those cloud mining sites.
FYR: built-in profit calculator on cex.io: https://cex.io/
BitChrisUK

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:44:05 PM

Bit-mining.io doesn't exist?
dmcl

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:54:42 AM

Not sure what you're asking.  When you buy 10GH/s for 0.34BTC and then sell it for 0.38BTC you make 10x0.04BTC = 0.4BTC (plus any mining revenue).

bwahahahaha!

so true, im 7 days into the BTC, mining and CEX.io game and i have flipped for profit like 90% of the time. granted being a noob myselt i havent worked my way up to 10GHS but between trading and selling GHS to newer noobs (its a noob eat noob world out there these days) i have gone from an initial 0.25GHS that i bought via ebay to get the ball rolling up to most recently 8.4GHS though now back down to 1.13GHS as i offloaded more GHS. its a nice little rinse and repeat. the only reason im not over 10GHS by now is i have ported some profits into my bank to help clear my overdraft left over from the xmas hit and having to buy tax for my car, also bought a couple goodies for the car on ebay yesterday, maybe also today as my virwox deposit limit is maxxed for the time being and no one here will sell me BTC for paypal so i may as well spend whats in my paypal now as there will probably be more following it tomorrow, or the next day, etc. going to have to re-up my GHS soon though.. 1.13GHS wouldnt pull you out of a wet paper bag..
malace

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:12:51 AM

cex.io i found easy to use not sure if the profits are the most ,

Easy and if your starting new might help Cheesy
dmcl

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

yea if you play the game right cex.io can be fairly lucrative at the minute.. if i didnt dip into my profits to help pay down an overdraft on my bank account id have around 1BTC or the equivalent GHS. not bad for like a week in the game.
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:27:22 AM

save your bitcoin , services like these aren't profitable.
dmcl

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:35:39 PM

depends how you play it  Smiley

though with paypal starting to ban anyone making purchases associated with bitcoins it may just go that way. if/when things are at that point i may pull out of cex.io and look for ways to make more BTC elsewhere.
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:02:01 PM

One thing I really love is the comparison that when you sell GH/s for more than you paid
you make profit at the expense of, for a lack of a better term, stupid noobs
but everything is fine when you sell your BTC for more than you paid.

Trading is trading, be it GH/s, BTC, fiat, or whatever. The purchaser is almost always the loser in the deal, but people only pay what they believe it is worth. Every new car drops by 1/3 of the price the moment you purchase, yet people still buy them.

Cex.io is not a normal mining platform, it is primarily a trading one. Do not expect to invest your bitcoin, sit back, and watch the money roll in. You will need to do some trading, if only to minimize your losses when the market drops as it has been in recent days.

You can make a profit, but it is easier to make a loss.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
dottom

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:41:26 PM

cex.io isn't even a "normal" trading platform because you cannot sell short.

So you can only buy long in a market with a constantly declining underlying.  Sure some will call themselves trading gurus and flip GH/s, especially if they have theories of market manipulation by cex.io to prop up the price (for a more gradual decline with plateaus rather than nose dive to true market value). 

But you are trading a crooked market and can only take the disadvantage side.  If it was a normal market you could sell short. 
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:37:00 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 10:48:32 PM by FalconFly

Any help will be greatly appreciated  Smiley

Don't know what to say... You got 1 BTC means : you're already there ! Keep them.

Joining cex.io or other questionable cloud miners for the purpose of mining will leave you with less BTC than you already got within a few months and is therefor completely unreasonable.
If about 1 BTC is your investment size - DON'T MINE. You'll have some fun doing it but the price will be : losing a part of your money in the process.

If you have the equivalent of 1 BTC in cash, buy BTC directly.
There isn't any point in mining anymore, unless you get a really really lucky deal somewhere (unlikely, all the sweetest deals are either scams or end up with negative ROI after careful caluclations and aren't as sexy as they appear) - or invest thousands of $$$ in latest next-gen preorder hardware and hope they deliver promised performance on time and that it never fails.

I know it's much less fun but the only reasonable thing to do if you want to prevent losses and all associated risks of mining.
Serious mining today is for the people who can afford a couple of KNC rigs or alike and actually get their hands on them (which is a problem all by itself, so even the xxxxx$ hardware buyers are often taking big risks, forums are full of burned folks who ran into unfortunate delivery delays etc.)

If you absoultely WANT to mine, take only a small fraction and buy i.e. a small USB miner (Antminer U1, BiFury, TwinFury) so you can get into the satisfaction of mining but minimize the losses for operating hardware that can never ROI right from the start.
The only guys making big money usually are the hardware manufacturers and resellers, they're the ones "selling expensive shovels to the gold diggers" basically.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:59:27 PM

save your bitcoin , services like these aren't profitable.
just buy bitcoin and keep this for a while its best then any other investment right now

dmcl

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:01:33 PM

but if your simply sitting on a bitcoin or any amount of bitcoins then they are not earning you anything.

you can turn profits on cex.io also.. honestly i couldnt say for longer term because im constantly buying and selling but when i leave cex for the night and following working day by the time im back on the following day/evening there is more BTC in my account than there was when i left it (assuming i "park" my BTC in the form of GHS until the next day). its only a minimal gain though but from what i have seen doing this with anything from 0.25GHS up to 8.4GHS the more GHS you have the more you will make from the short term overnight mining as i like to think of it. couple that with being smart and not panic buying/selling and you can gain BTC via overnight mining and buying/selling BTC/GHS though you need to be trading as frequently as humanly possible.

its by no means lucrative but its still a gain if you play your cards right and if the market takes a nose dive you can always pull out. at the minute GHS prices are nice and low after the new TOS though they are slowly rising. lowest i saw was about 0.025 not too long after the site was down and the new TOS were in effect. at present GHS is up to 0.0276 which is still low considering when i first started roughly 1 week ago prices were at 0.044 and then slowly declined nearer the new TOS date. the last price range that held for a few days before the crash was around 0.33-0.34 and it seems to be heading back up that way since the crash so i reckon now is a good time to buy as much GHS as you can and sit on it for up to a week then sell it all when its back into the 0.03's.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: