Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:58:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I made a withdrawal from MtGox, but the money still has not been returned to me  (Read 770 times)
musionkallis (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:16:27 PM

I withdrew some money from MtGox EUR on 15th of January. They sent me an email that money is on the way. The money still has not arrived to my bank account. I also submitted a support request to MtGox on 30th of January, but they have not responded.

What should my next course of action be and how can i get my money out of there?
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:17:35 PM

I withdrew some money from MtGox EUR on 15th of January. They sent me an email that money is on the way. The money still has not arrived to my bank account. I also submitted a support request to MtGox on 30th of January, but they have not responded.

What should my next course of action be and how can i get my money out of there?

Please read the other 120 threads about MtGox withdrawal issues.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:18:17 PM

Your solution is time. It will come, but they are having problem of withdrawal. Because they have a very small team.
musionkallis (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:33:33 PM

Alright, thanks.
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:34:40 PM

Your solution is time. It will come, but they are having problem of withdrawal. Because they have a very small team.

They still can't be arsed to hire more people? Really?
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:36:02 PM

Your solution is to wait.....  and when someday you eventually do get your money, switch to another exchange if you have other options where you live.  And warn others not to use gox if they have options to use another exchange instead.

I see a lot of newcomers to bitcoin hearing about gox on the news or reading about it in online media and they have no idea that Gox has serious problems getting people their money and or responding to customer support questions.  I've talked to two separate people who no longer have any interest in bitcoin at all because they think gox is an example of bitcoin and they were seriously fed up with the problems they had with gox.

If you don't mind you can share what country you're in and other people can probably provider other options for you.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:38:08 PM

They still can't be arsed to hire more people? Really?

They are also having problems with banks so even with more staff people would till be having a lot of the same problems

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
musionkallis (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:25:35 PM

Im in Estonia. I chose MtGox, since it seemed the biggest and hence, probably most reliable. But i guess i was wrong.

Should have maybe gone with BTC.
musionkallis (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:43:14 PM

I used SEPA, fortunately. What could happen to my money? Someone could play man in the middle and steal it? Can i force its transfer by legal means? Could i tell MtGox that i want to cancel the withdrawal and then try to withdraw bitcoins, rather than cash?

When i joined there, there was no price premium. Unfortunately, in my research i forgot the withdrawal part.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: