Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:15:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Feathercoin Fundraiser Raffle!  (Read 1022 times)
uncle_muddy (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:07:58 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 06:20:43 PM by uncle_muddy

Feathercoin Raffle
1FTC = 1 Ticket

Help the FTC community raise some money for The Prostate Cancer Charity

Prostate cancer kills one man every hour and the number of men with the disease is rising at an alarming rate. While it is already the most common cancer in men, it is predicted to become the most prevalent of all cancers by 2030.

1st Prize
Limited Edition Laser Etched Physical Feathercoin Wallet (0010-W1)
Pre-loaded with 55FTC!
+ Will Work for FTC T-Shirt

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/toftrjuk/raffle/e7e56f82-0ceb-488e-884e-fdcd247ea4b1_zps501db53c.jpg http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/toftrjuk/raffle/coin_cert_tn_zpsaebf7c95.jpg

netnerd can vouch for this item being a genuine coin and as the certificate in the photo shows, it is coin 10 from his run of just 24 coins. I have left the protective cover on the prize coin just to give it a little extra protection during shipping. I will personally cover the cost of postage for this item to anywhere in the world! so don’t feel that just because you’re in the UK you can’t take part! Massive Thank You to netnerd, who has pre-loaded the coin with 55FTC for the lucky winner!

2nd Prize
£ 50.00 or $ 50.00 worth of Amazon Gift Cards!
+ Will Work for FTC T-Shirt

Donated by a very good supplier of mine. You can chose $ or £ and I will send you redemption codes in your chosen currency via email shortly after the draw has taken place. 

3rd & 4th Prize
3rd Prize Approx. 1.4Mh/s Mining for 5 days! (3rd – 7th March) + Will Work for FTC T-Shirt
4th Prize Approx. 1.4Mh/s Mining for 5 days! (17th – 21st March) + Will Work for FTC T-Shirt

Quite simply what it says, I’ll point one of my mining rigs against the pool of your choice (but for obvious reasons we would prefer it to go against the pay back pool to raise that little bit extra for the charity) for 5 days, I’m saying approx. 1.4Mh/s it’s been doing over that for a steady 3 weeks now without any sign of failing, and if I get round to sorting my additional card before mining commences you can have its output as well Smiley
*** UPDATED *** My additional card for this rig has now come in, so you should be getting around 2.25Mh/s for your 5 days if you win!

5th Prize
Will Work for FTC T-Shirt

A massive thank you goes to MTRisner, for donating this great FTC T-Shirts, to be warn with pride as you show every one your interest in the Feather Smiley

6th Prize
50 FTC - Transferred to the wallet of your choice

A massive thank you goes to Matl, for donating this Feathers to a new home Smiley

7th Prize
50 FTC - Transferred to the wallet of your choice

A massive thank you goes to Matl, for donating this Feathers to a new home Smiley

Additional Prizes

I’m working on some of my suppliers to get suitable donations to hopefully add further prizes over the next couple of weeks, but as this is a global raffle and prizes need to be delivered to people this is proving a little more tricky than normal, so please just keep checking back here to see what else has been added to the list.

Likewise if you have something you would like to donate to this cause then please drop me a PM with details and we will have a chat about it.

How to get tickets!

To make things as simple and as transparent as possible from an admin point of view, I think the easiest way is to issue everyone who wants to buy tickets with a unique wallet address to send payments too, you make your payment based on 1FTC per ticket and then I will issue you with your ticket numbers.

So drop me a PM asking for a wallet address to send your lucky feathers too, if you could include in the PM weather or not you would like to remain anonymous that would be good as I will be publishing on the forum a link to the ticket sales to provide some transparency in the whole process. 

Please remember I also have a day job so please be patient in waiting for your addresses to be issued, don’t worry there’s plenty of time between now and the draw for you to buy tickets.

The Draw

The draw it’s self is now confirmed to take place on the 22nd of February live at the Oxford Blue in the UK. I’m hoping to broadcast a live web-stream at around 20:00 UK time so you can tune in and watch what’s going on.

How Else Can I help?

Anyone who mines can help the cause by sending a few hashes over to the The Community Payback Pool
And remember for now all 1.5% of the Pool Fee is donated to the charity as out supplier has agreed to waiver the hosting fees until further notice!

You as a community have helped us raise!
2733.44799056 FTC
Taken from, Raffle Sales, P2P Node Fees, and Donations!

Taken from the original thread here I will pop back from time to time to keep you guys updated on progress and of course if you want to buy any tickets drop me a PM

UM
Ruthie

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:40:22 PM

Great post Smiley Looking forward to the draw that will take place at The Oxford Blue,  hope you tune in.
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:58:11 PM

Bough a few tickets  Cool

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
uncle_muddy (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:46:47 AM

Cheers guys, lets hope we can make even a little bit of a difference with this  Smiley

Just updated with a new total of 410.34752513 FTC!

UM
Ruthie

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:24:19 AM

Please show your support for the cause.
uncle_muddy (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:07:13 PM

I've just added another card to the rig that will be used for 3rd & 4th prize, so you should now see around the 2.25Mh/s mark for your 5 days worth of mining  Smiley

But remember you've got to be in it to win it, so come on boys and girls get your tickets purchased by dropping me a PM either here or over on the FTC forum.

UM
uncle_muddy (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:48:33 AM

Just updated the list of prizes after some very generous donations form community members over at the FTC forum.

There is still time to get tickets, just drop me a PM and I will send you over an address

UM
uncle_muddy (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:21:49 PM

Had a fantastic few days on the fundraiser and the total has now reached 2733.44799056 FTC many thanks to everyone who has taken part, and don't forget there is still time to be in it to win it

UM
Ruthie

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:56:04 PM

We've now reached over 3000 FTC for this fundraiser, please show your support for this cause.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: