Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to know how pos works in Raspberry pi  (Read 186 times)
MDIPANJAN (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:28:13 AM

Hello, can anyone tell me how to use Raspberry pi to start proof of stake. (can i use multiple wallets in a pi or only one wallet!)
How much memory needed for the pi!
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:22:17 AM

Hello, can anyone tell me how to use Raspberry pi to start proof of stake. (can i use multiple wallets in a pi or only one wallet!)

Google can easily tell you how to use Raspberry pi for POS. A simple google search can direct you to tutorials such as this: https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/6zs8tq/pos_mining_on_raspberry_pi_3/

Next time, try do your own research first before asking questions that can be easily answered by yourself.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
MDIPANJAN (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:35:13 AM

Google can easily tell you how to use Raspberry pi for POS. A simple google search can direct you to tutorials such as this: https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/6zs8tq/pos_mining_on_raspberry_pi_3/

Next time, try do your own research first before asking questions that can be easily answered by yourself.

Actually I've read before posting, and there were information that it's storage capacity is limited. so i actually wanted to know how many wallets can be used in a pi at a time.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:19:38 AM

cmon man cut him a break, I was trying to stake on a pi a few weeks ago as well and had the same question and couldn't easily find it searching either. People come here for help what is so bad about just answering him if you already know the answer off the top of your head....

But if you don't understand linux already use a mini pc stick but if you want to learn linux and find it fun then go ahead and set it up with the pi's just my opinion. For me I got 2 pi's and haven't set either of them up yet because I haven't found the time to get around the learning curve yet Smiley I got a asus pc stick coming in the mail in a few days to stake with Smiley
MDIPANJAN (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:29:57 AM

Thanks mate for understanding.
I have been staking on a windows laptop but i came across to see about Raspberry pi and got interested about it.. I'm hoping to get one myself soon.

I see you are wearing PRiVCY signature😉
I didn't get the first one for a small mistake. Pity 😋
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:45:26 AM

Actually I've read before posting, and there were information that it's storage capacity is limited. so i actually wanted to know how many wallets can be used in a pi at a time.

Am not sure about this limitations, but I believe the mean of that is, isn't economical to use big SD card on Pi,  Grin. (I use 64 GB SD card on my Pi 2). So, what's that economical one? Use small SD card then HDD (think how to wiring it) and put the root on that.

You can run several wallets at once (the different coins wallet, right?)
MDIPANJAN (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:15:10 AM

Am not sure about this limitations, but I believe the mean of that is, isn't economical to use big SD card on Pi,  Grin. (I use 64 GB SD card on my Pi 2). So, what's that economical one? Use small SD card then HDD (think how to wiring it) and put the root on that.

You can run several wallets at once (the different coins wallet, right?)

Yeah i actually meant different coin wallets in one pi,
I read somewhere that staking two different coins at a time  clogs the memory so it needs to be cleared time to time. Do you suggest a 64gb would be helpful?

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:25:31 AM

I don't know what coin your staking but I used https://rokos.space/ which is a pi os for crypto's I only stopped because my pi was outdated it's a neat little os
MDIPANJAN (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

I don't know what coin your staking but I used https://rokos.space/ which is a pi os for crypto's I only stopped because my pi was outdated it's a neat little os

That was very helpful mate. Do you only stake one coin at a time or more?
BobPantz

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:32:47 PM

How have you got on with staking on your Pi?

I have been using an old Windows laptop to stake AnuCoin and PRiVCY. But twice this week the laptop has decided to automatically install Windows updates  Angry
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3112

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:36:57 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 04:02:20 PM by Lafu

Just simply , normal you dont need a xtra OS  !  
Install normal OS (Debian) or other you want !
Install all libdb you needed !
Install the wallet for your coins and edit the coin.conf in the folder it is with all commands and detail the wallet need !
You should install the BTC repositories  too !

Start the wallet and let it fully sync !

Deposit coins and let them stake !

For more space you can connect a usb drive with more GB !
Has worked on my Raspberry pi3 (Quadcore 4GB Ram 64 GB sdcard)  fine !

Also Mining with CPU works on Raspberry but you dont get big Hashrates with one  !

Regards Lafu

BobPantz

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:02:59 PM

Just simply , normal you dont need a xtra OS  !  
Install normal OS (Debian) or other you want !
Install all libdb you needed !
Install the wallet for your coins and edit the coin.conf in the folder it is with all commands and detail the wallet need !
You should install the BTC repositories  too !

Start the wallet and let it fully sync !

Deposit coins and let them stake !

Has worked on my Raspberry pi3 (Quadcore 4GB Ram 64 GB sdcard)  fine !

Also Mining with CPU works on Raspberry but you dont get big Hashrates with one  !

Regards Lafu

So you used the Raspbian OS? Was that with the desktop?

After installing my wallets can I copy the wallet.dat files to the Pi and just open them for staking while still using the wallet on my Windows laptop? Or should I create new wallets and transfer the coins for staking?

Thanks
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:43:09 AM

Yeah, that was the economical thing (that I'm talking about) on more storage needs to run more wallet on Pi.

Yeah i actually meant different coin wallets in one pi,
I read somewhere that staking two different coins at a time  clogs the memory so it needs to be cleared time to time. Do you suggest a 64gb would be helpful?

That was enough, and then you can add more storage (additional storage - the cheapest one  Grin) You can use several basic OS on your Pi (as above said).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: