Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much will it be worth (mining rig)  (Read 958 times)
Zonata (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:56:30 PM

Hi, I predicted that I will no more be able to live in the room with my mining rig around April (temperature around 0 outside). Therefore, I am already looking for what I'll do then. I have three options:

• Renting a location (friend, family) to put the miner at around 150$/month
  • Building a water cooling system with a window exaust (don't know how, but at least 800$)
  • Selling the mining rig

As you probably understood, I created this topic to try to put a price on my rig in April. Why so? Because if it is still worth a lot of money, this might be the solution I chose. I am still not a hard believer of the crypto, and I'll be happy leaving mining with a fair profit. I might comeback if I figure out how to create my FPGA based mining rig. So, here is the spec of my rig with a bonus picture:

Mobo: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PC I-E16 4PC I-E1
GPU: 6 PowerColor PCS+ AX7950 3GBD5-2DHPP Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
CPU: Intel Celeron G1620
Mem: 2 Viper Xtreme 1600Mhz, 2GB
PSU: 2 Corsair Professional HX850W 850W ATX 12V 70A 24PIN ATX Modular (Gold rated, plugped with Add2PSU)

It would comes with the custom case I built:
http://s28.postimg.org/t19mglufd/20131217_223352.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/4zw69a97j/20131221_125030.jpg

On the 15th of April the rig would have been running for 5 months. So, how do you think it will be worth (please, serious estimation)?
My estimation would be something between 1800$ to 3000$.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

That's a good estimation if scrypt alts are worth in April what they are now. Otherwise, people will dump their hardware and you can get screwed.

I would not hesitate myself to give you 1500€ (~$2000) in hand for your (I assume) 4 Mh/s rig, assembled, tested and working.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
atc1

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:09:28 PM

That's a good estimation if scrypt alts are worth in April what they do now.

I would not hesitate myself to give you 1500€ (~$2000) in hand for your (I assume) 4 Mh/s rig, assembled, tested and working.

If all conditions(including there being no Scrypt ASIC) are around the same as now,I'd agree.

Wipeout2097

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:10:54 PM

If all conditions(including there being no Scrypt ASIC) are around the same as now,I'd agree.
Including with Scrypt ASICs, because I see no evidence of them offering more Kh / $

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Zonata (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:11:57 PM

Sorry, forgot the most important part. The highest I can put the rig (stable) is 3620Kh/s on multipool or 3680Kh/s on WemineLTC. I have tried a lot of different configurations and over that level the system is unstable ( I hit 3.8Mh at top, but few minutes and it is down).
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

That's a good estimation if scrypt alts are worth in April what they are now. Otherwise, people will dump their hardware and you can get screwed.

I'm sure you would considering the going rate is $1/kh for a working rig.  Roll Eyes
Wipeout2097

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

I'm sure you would considering the going rate is $1/kh for a working rig.  Roll Eyes
It's the going rate... for idiots. A new R9-270 gives 475 Kh/s for 170€.

That is actually a good point, though. Only God knows how much you manage to get out of it if you sell it to someone without much clue. $3k is actually possible.  Grin

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Zonata (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:01:38 PM

Thanks to you all, that is actually helping me a lot with my decision. So as I understand, using the rig does not make its value decrease linearly. It will really depends on the profitability of the rig in April. I think my decision will be based on two things.

1-My expected profitability in the future
2-Can I get 3K for the rig
st1ngray

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:03:52 AM

1-My expected profitability in the future
2-Can I get 3K for the rig

selling it locally on craigslist might be your best option if you are going to sell it in my opinion, ebay and paypal WILL eat you alive!

the number one reason why i don't sell on ebay is just that, fees fees and more fees, plus if you offer free shipping there goes more of your money in the trash.
 Also, selling the graphics cards individually might make it easier to sell.  good luck!! XD
EasyQuest

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:25:23 PM

You think you will have an issue keeping you rig cool in April try my rig, I have 3x the videos and they are upstairs in a storage room.

One year ago in the summer of 2013, I have half the hashrate I have now and my rigs ran hot. The upstairs was always 80 F.

All I can do is exhaust the  heat out into the inner walls of the house. You know those doors leading into the walls of the house.

Now with twice the hashrate power meaning twice the video cards I will figure out how to keep all the rigs cool. Wink

Original hashrate in June 2013 was 6.2 MH/s and it was quite hot.

Now in February 2014 it is now 16 MH/s, so April and beyond will be a challenge for me to keep those cards cool. Also the original cards that ran last year are still going strong now. Smiley
Zonata (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:10:25 PM

Thing is, I don't have a house yet. Therefore, I can modify the electrical circuit and so one of these rig draw almost the max power a normal circuit (15 amp) can support. That is, I can have both a rig running and an A/C in the same room.
Duane Vick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

maybe you can put in a water tank between your cold water supply and water heater and carry heat away from your rig that way. maybe put that tank in a larger tank that houses your cards. this keeps your house water separate and the heat you produce reduces the energy input required to supply your home with hot water.

1FMDNUutcKVTEAph3c8xCvZie7HaCC3xDt If you feel that I've contributed anything worthwhile, please donate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: