Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:50:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electricity cost where you live/mine?  (Read 4131 times)
CBuffer (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:50:31 AM

I pay $0.065 US per kwh here in Bangladesh, which I believe is pretty cheap compared with other countries. How much are other people paying?

I know electricity is far more expensive in the Philippines, for example, you can pay $0.274 per kwh in Manila.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:59:08 AM

where i live you can get it for 0.09 AUD for about 9 hours per day (10pm to 7am) which is an off-peak price.

during the other 15 hours of the day it's 0.22 AUD.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 06:19:18 AM

0.13 USD here in the north east USA.
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 06:23:23 AM

I pay $0.065 US per kwh here in Bangladesh

actually i'm wondering, how steady/reliable is the current in Bangladesh? do you need a UPS?

no offence intended, never been there.
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 07:12:10 AM

Currently paying 0.081/KWH. North East US.

-ST

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
Sekioh

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 07:14:29 AM

0.11$ USA, Florida

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
calmindifference

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 08:58:04 AM

GBP 0.14784 per kWh inc VAT
= 0.2334  USD

there's a reason its known as rip off britain
omarabid

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:45:35 PM

It's around $0.1 here in Tunisia. I don't found it reasonable considering that US Per Capita is ten times higher than here. The stability is good in the latest years (5-7 short down times in the last year may be).
CBuffer (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:43:08 PM

actually i'm wondering, how steady/reliable is the current in Bangladesh? do you need a UPS?

We have black outs in many places for like 6 hours at a time. But the voltate is constant (until it dies). I live in an area with fewer problems (the power company people must have families there) and also my building has a generator. I have UPS for the PC, monitor, external HD and also for the internet connection box. We still get power spikes, which can kill equipment.

Electricity at my factory is even cheaper. If BC was a money spinner I'd stash many rigs there. But it seems like that ship has sailed.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
omarabid

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 08:24:57 PM

We have black outs in many places for like 6 hours at a time. But the voltate is constant (until it dies). I live in an area with fewer problems (the power company people must have families there) and also my building has a generator. I have UPS for the PC, monitor, external HD and also for the internet connection box. We still get power spikes, which can kill equipment.

Electricity at my factory is even cheaper. If BC was a money spinner I'd stash many rigs there. But it seems like that ship has sailed.

I think it's the time for those who benefit from low cost power, and low cost of living to benefit from BC mining now.

As the process becomes unprofitable for those who lives in higher cost cities, the competition will slow down. You'll not make loads of money, but a $100/$150 each month is good in many parts of the undeveloped world  Smiley
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:33:21 PM

I think it's the time for those who benefit from low cost power, and low cost of living to benefit from BC mining now.

As the process becomes unprofitable for those who lives in higher cost cities, the competition will slow down. You'll not make loads of money, but a $100/$150 each month is good in many parts of the undeveloped world  Smiley

In some parts of the world, a person could live on that much. But then buying the rig would take a year's worth of wages, so the initial investment would be very high.
Als Pawnshop
VIP

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 09:09:51 AM

I could pay a $2000 one time fee to hook up a 400-AMPS x 240 Volts usable 24/7.

How much could I make by mining per month?  Would it be worth my trouble??  How much do I need to invest in air conditioning?
mt1432

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 10:48:04 AM

I could pay a $2000 one time fee to hook up a 400-AMPS x 240 Volts usable 24/7.

How much could I make by mining per month?  Would it be worth my trouble??  How much do I need to invest in air conditioning?
If the price if Bitcoin stays steady you will go into debt. I think many of the miners running now recouped their investment when the price was higher but are likely bleeding dollars for BTC to cover power. AC will depend on your climate. If you are in a cool climate and can circulate outside air you do not need much cooling. In warmer climates such as AZ a single rig with two cards can cost up to $50/mo just running the AC. You could do better with more efficient AC, but this is what I calculated mine to be.
Looking to make money on mining this late in the game is foolish. You are much better off buying coins on the market.

Als Pawnshop
VIP

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 11:03:20 AM

I would go into debt even if the electricity is free?  To clarify I would pay $2000 one time for unlimited use (up to 96KWatts) thereafter (or until the power company catches on, haha).  How long would it take me to recuperate the costs?  How much should I invest in A/C vs Mining rigs?  Lets assume I have no outside air flow.
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 11:14:43 AM

if you are going to have enough mining rigs to justify spending $2000 of a setup fee, your going to need a decent amount of AC
 run t
at least a 15k BTU window air conditioner if you dont have a central air system.

The cards generate a very high amount of heat, especially if you have multiple cards running together in the same rigs and in the same room. I have 10 GPU's for a total of 4 ghash and I use a 12.5 BTU fridgidaire A/C plus multiple fans.

You need to keep those cards cool not just to keep them going (they will crash if they over heat) plus they will die if you run them too hot for too long. Also the fans on the GPU's themselves will die if you run them too high.

I was lucky enough to start mining back when BTC was worth under $1 USD, I paid for my entire mining operation with the minings from one single 5870 (when btc hit $30+ I sold)

If you are looking for an investment you would be better to buy $2000 worth of BTC (or more ) than to invest in Mining.

the price of BTC is surely going to go up from this point.

Als Pawnshop
VIP

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 11:20:17 AM

I still have over $10,000 worth of BTC that I bought when the price was under $1.  I sold a bunch on the way down from $20 to $10. I haven't done too badly on that front.  But since I've sold a lot over the months I'd like to start mining to renew the BTC I sell if it can be cost feasible.
bilbob

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 11:53:12 AM

Haha, rip off Britain. Try 0.33$ per kwh over here in Germany.‚

GBP 0.14784 per kWh inc VAT
= 0.2334  USD

there's a reason its known as rip off britain
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 02:03:51 PM

$0.09 CAD here.

Though that's looking to go up in the near future.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 03:39:31 PM

0.0950 per kWh where I am.
ulatec

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:13:11 AM

$0.30/kWh, In California Sad almost impossible Sad I am currently working on a solar station to make it mine about 5 hours per day, when the deep cycles batteries have enough charge. Mining on standard electricity from Southern California Edison, does not work for BTC Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: