Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An important message from the Solidcoin developers  (Read 2226 times)
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 09:50:55 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2011, 04:16:34 PM by Maged

[EDIT: The following message is a joke, where I imitate the style of messages written by the Solidcoin developer. The use of the plural in the title is part of the joke.]

I have a very important message from the Solidcoin developers to the community.

As you may know, the SolidCoin 2.0 blockchain will not be compatible with the previous one. All solidcoins that have been mined and traded in SC 1.xx are going to be deemed invalid by the new network.

Unfortunately, it has been impossible for SC developers to find a way to transfer SC amounts from the old blockchain to the new blockchain in a consistent way ; we have found that it is impossible to reliably distinguish the adresses used by legitimate users and the adresses used to spam the old blockchain.

Fortunately, we have found a lightweight solution, that will transfer the value of solidcoins from the 1.xx blockchain to the 2.0 blockchain, instead of transferring the solidcoins themselves. This solution involves the use of Bitcoins, as a temporary store of value. This solution will avoid the transfer of thousands of spammed addresses to the new blockchain.

If you own Solidcoins, we suggest that you exchange them for BTC for the time being, because old solidcoins are soon going to be worthless. Once Solidcoin 2.0 will be traded on exchanges, you will be able to convert your BTC back to the new solidcoins.

Depending on the market exchange rates, you might not have exactly the same amount of Solidcoins before and after the transfer. However, statistical fluctuations should cancel out. We found that the first users who will exchange their old solidcoins for new ones might enjoy a more favourable exchange rate. This will create a nice incentive to bootstrap the conversion process.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 09:54:55 AM

I don't get it. Is this a joke? How would one exchange their old solidcoins for bitcoins? Who would buy these solidcoins that will soon become worthless? And how would they then convert their solidcoins to the new 2.0 solidcoins. This makes no sense whatsoever.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 09:55:40 AM

I don't have many coins, so does not matter much, but just anxiously waiting for the start of the new mining.  When is the estimated start of the new Solidcoin?
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:01:41 AM

I don't get it. Is this a joke? How would one exchange their old solidcoins for bitcoins? Who would buy these solidcoins that will soon become worthless?

Hot potato principle - the last man to own Ye Olde Solicoinsiz looses.

Having said that, I  do not know if anyone would by old solidcoinsiz for bitcoins, but as a gesture of good will, I will buy them for Geist Geld, at a fixed rate of 1 solidcoin for 1 Geist Cheesy

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 10:13:07 AM

Not sure if serious.

Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:18:39 AM

You mean me or the whole "announcement" ?

My offer is absolutely serious.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:19:56 AM

You mean me or the whole "announcement" ?

My offer is absolutely serious.

I would move to say that using your premined GG that was initially for bounties should not be used in such said transactions.

simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:21:03 AM

I don't get it. Is this a joke? How would one exchange their old solidcoins for bitcoins? Who would buy these solidcoins that will soon become worthless? And how would they then convert their solidcoins to the new 2.0 solidcoins. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Lol, they've really thought this one through haven't they Cheesy  
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:23:31 AM

Actually, I intend to use the coins that I have "properly" mined over the period of time

I strongly doubt there will be so many solidcoiners coming forward that I will have to consider using Superfund to introduce them to Geist ^__^

Feed the Lolcust!
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:25:31 AM

Actually, I intend to use the coins that I have "properly" mined over the period of time

I strongly doubt there will be so many solidcoiners coming forward that I will have to consider using Superfund to introduce them to Geist ^__^

You never know...just saying...
Xenland
Legendary

Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:27:31 AM

This is why i don't believe in alt-currencies.... you don't hear gavin or jeff saying "Hey everyone you have to sell your bitcoins for fiat because every things going to shit! Sorry to say but somebodies gotta take the blow...."

lol this is a funny thread!!! OMG
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:48:24 AM

ThomasV does not speak for the SolidCoin Developers.
Everything he wrote is wrong, except this:
the SolidCoin 2.0 blockchain will not be compatible with the previous one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 11:00:55 AM

Indeed, Solidcoin users seem to have a hard time detecting sarcasm; thank you for helping them.

I think that most of these alternate cryptocurrencies are going to fail, because Bitcoin is in a position where it cannot be challenged; it is a "natural monopoly", as stated by Atlas.

I tried to warn people several times against these bitcoin forks, and especially about SolidCoin ; read my previous posts.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 11:22:37 AM

Indeed, Solidcoin users seem to have a hard time detecting sarcasm; thank you for helping them.

I think that most of these alternate cryptocurrencies are going to fail, because Bitcoin is in a position where it cannot be challenged; it is a "natural monopoly", as stated by Atlas.

I tried to warn people several times against these bitcoin forks, and especially about SolidCoin ; read my previous posts.

Yes, most of these alternate cryptocurrencies are going to fail, i believe that.
SolidCoin is likely to survive, simply because its the #1 Target of Trolls and Hackers.
If SolidCoin was doomed, it would be ignored and die silently.  Grin

▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:46:18 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2011, 07:26:06 PM by EskimoBob

And WTF are you exactly?

As you may know, the SolidCoin 2.0 blockchain will not be compatible with the previous one.
So, you (CoinHunter/reaSoled) finally realized this?! I think multiple people have told you that this can not be done!
You monkeys did not listen and kept baning your heads against the wall and telling lies here and in your own forum.

All solidcoins that have been mined and traded in SC 1.xx are going to be deemed invalid by the new network.

Doh? So you have made empty promises (automatic conversion etc) and lied to everyone who has bothered reading you crap.
Your new "network" is a joke and there is no need for this at all. You are pushing this new shit only so you can pre-mine a huge amount of coins and hope, thy will be forth something.  Fuck off!

Unfortunately, it has been impossible for SC developers to find a way to transfer SC amounts from the old blockchain to the new blockchain in a consistent way ; we have found that it is impossible to reliably distinguish the adresses used by legitimate users and the adresses used to spam the old blockchain.

Doh? So you have made empty promises (automatic conversion etc) and lied to everyone who has bothered reading you crap.

Fortunately, we have found a lightweight solution, that will transfer the value of solidcoins from the 1.xx blockchain to the 2.0 blockchain, instead of transferring the solidcoins themselves. This solution involves the use of Bitcoins, as a temporary store of value. This solution will avoid the transfer of thousands of spammed addresses to the new blockchain.

If any usable exchange (excluding Moonco.in scam) accepts Solidcoin 1, there is absolutely NO need for your scam coin 2.0!
Why switch to 2.0? There is NO need for this at all! If 1.0 can be traded, it can be used and mined without your new and utterly fucked up chain. Fix your stupid mistakes in 1.4 and and stop selling us your endless bullshit, CoinHunter/reaSoled

If you own Solidcoins, we suggest that you exchange them for BTC for the time being, because old solidcoins are soon going to be worthless. Once Solidcoin 2.0 will be traded on exchanges, you will be able to convert your BTC back to the new solidcoins.

FUD! Your 2.0 IS THE biggest joke and epic failure.

Depending on the market exchange rates, you might not have exactly the same amount of Solidcoins before and after the transfer. However, statistical fluctuations should cancel out. We found that the first users who will exchange their old solidcoins for new ones might enjoy a more favourable exchange rate. This will create a nice incentive to bootstrap the conversion process.

How delusional are you? Sorry, wrong question, you are so far gone you think you are fine.

Only smart thing people can do at this point in time is to stay as far as possible form your jokers as far as possible foem your joke 2.0 coin.
Keep trading and mining the 1.4 (fixed version) and forget all about this 2.0 bullshit!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 06:13:43 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ROFLOL! I can't stop laughing reading this!

This bozo words:
If you own Solidcoins, we suggest that you exchange them for BTC for the time being, because old solidcoins are soon going to be worthless.

Translation:

If you've Scamcoin, we suggest that you go find someone else and scam him to trade his bitcoins for your scamcoins, because your scamcoins are soon going to be worthless.

Once Solidcoin 2.0 will be traded on exchanges, you will be able to convert your BTC back to the new solidcoins.

Translation:

If you're dumb enough to bite our scam twice, you're welcome. We need eediots like you.

We found that the first users who will exchange their old solidcoins for new ones might enjoy a more favourable exchange rate.

Translation:

Be quick! As the rates will go downhill as soon as the scammers start to try dump their scamcoins for bitcoins.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 06:40:26 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ROFLOL! I can't stop laughing reading this!

This bozo words:
If you own Solidcoins, we suggest that you exchange them for BTC for the time being, because old solidcoins are soon going to be worthless.

Translation:

If you've Scamcoin, we suggest that you go find someone else and scam him to trade his bitcoins for your scamcoins, because your scamcoins are soon going to be worthless.

Once Solidcoin 2.0 will be traded on exchanges, you will be able to convert your BTC back to the new solidcoins.

Translation:

If you're dumb enough to bite our scam twice, you're welcome. We need eediots like you.

We found that the first users who will exchange their old solidcoins for new ones might enjoy a more favourable exchange rate.

Translation:

Be quick! As the rates will go downhill as soon as the scammers start to try dump their scamcoins for bitcoins.

You do know the OP was joking right?
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 06:44:06 PM

And WTF are you exactly?

As you may know, the SolidCoin 2.0 blockchain will not be compatible with the previous one.
So, you (CoinHunter/reaSoled) finally realized this?! I think multiple people have told you that this can not be done!
You monkeys did not listen and kept baning your heads against the wall and telling lies here and in your own forum.

All solidcoins that have been mined and traded in SC 1.xx are going to be deemed invalid by the new network.

Your new "network" is a joke and there is no need for this at all. You are pushing this new shit only so you can pre-mine a huge amount of coins and hope, thy will be forth something.  Fuck off!

If any usable exchange (excluding Moonco.in scam) accepts Solidcoin 1, there is absolutely NO need for your scam coin 2.0!
Why switch to 2.0? There is NO  for this at all! If 1.0 can be traded, it can be used and mined without your new and utterly fucked up chain. Fix your stupid mistakes in 1.4 and and stop selling us your endless bullshit, CoinHunter/reaSoled

FUD! Your 2.0 IS THE biggest joke and epic failure.

How delusional are you? Sorry, wrong question, you are so far gone you think you are fine.

Only smart thing people can do at this point in time is to stay as far as possible form your jokers as far as possible foem your joke 2.0 coin.
Keep trading and mining the 1.4 (fixed version) and forget all about this 2.0 bullshit!

facepalm.jpg

Mousepotato
froggy

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 06:45:22 PM

I'm pretty sure this is indeed ThomasV trying to be funny or to troll. If you look at his post record, I wouldn't think he would be making any official announcements on behalf of SolidCoin.  I haven't seen anything about this in the official solidcoin forums.

If this is fake, it's stupid.  Disinformation does nothing to help other forum members.  This applies to many of the threads in this Alternate cryptocurrencies area.

Why can't we just live together, and if there's criticism, make it constructive rather than all this fighting.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 06:50:00 PM

Disinformation does nothing to help other forum members

Ahh, you'll be the third SC supporter I've asked.  The two others haven't replied:

If you're against misinformation, why don't you ask CH to take down his "Bitcoin to Collapse" propaganda? The one he paid bounties to distribute.

I await your reply.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: