Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next coin is highly misunderstood and undervalued on this forum.  (Read 6673 times)
hyunsookmom (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:03:01 PM

Next coin is highly misunderstood and undervalued on this forum?

I still see most people when its mention just dismiss it as a scam coin, which is friken ridiculous as its the only new built from the ground up new coin since Bitcoin. Sure it had a terrible IPO, or at least the distribution upset a lot of people, fair enough. But everyone deserves to know the ground breaking nature of this coin and surely if people can't be convinced by that on this forum then what hope is there to communicate it to the Dogecoin using masses?

I know I will be accused of pumping a coin but I seriously think this is a coin that should be held in high regard in the Alt section as a serious contender to topple Bitcoin, instead most hate it out of ignorance or misinformation. Personally I think anyone who doesn't buy this coin in the coming weeks will deeply regret it as the price goes up like a rocket once the penny drops...I don't actually care about the short term price cause I believe the coin will eventually find its market price whether or not people on this forum whole hardheartedly support it or not. People can go back to their junk coins for all I care..

But mark my words, and with zero hyperbole, it will soon be unstoppable..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:28:11 PM

NXT not next coin. NXT is a brand new crypto-ecosystem, not just a currency Smiley

But yeah I agree totally with your post
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:32:32 PM

^^Yeah NXT isn't a mineable coin.

I'm just happy I never invested in it when it first became big and popular. I would have lost 50% of my money..

Producer
hyunsookmom (OP)

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:59:38 PM

You mean please investors pump my coin so i can sell and get out of it already !

I'm not going to criticize this view but I want you to have a chance to understand more fully that this is not an average pump and dump coin. I actually don't blame you watching all these crap coins being pumped and dumped. Thats NXT's problem in many ways is that there is so much crap out there its hard to discern when something different comes along, and different it is.

Here's a clue, Bitcoin Magazine doesn't do articles on Titties, Meow, Vert coins and sticks mainly to Bitcoin issues. So when they choose to do an article on NXT when its only weeks old you know people in the know, know this is something worth sitting up and taking notice of.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/9826/nxt-proof-stake-new-alternative-altcoin/

My point is this scam coin crap has got to stop and the forum needs to be the first that gets behind the coin and at least recognizes its ground breaking unique qualities. Enjoy your Titties and Batcoins but lets get serious and recognize in our little section the world might possibly be changed by things like NXT. Lets help each other get on-board not to pump and dump but to share this opportunity with each other. Spreading falsehood will only discourage would be investors and benefactors of the inevitable gains NXT is likely to make....I rest my case Smiley

Disclaimer: Of course I'm a holder of NXT but I have no plan to sell anytime soon...

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:01:29 PM

I'm just happy I never invested in it when it first became big and popular. I would have lost 50% of my money..

Exactly. One of it's strengths.
indijim

Activity: 471

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:08:27 PM

After having NXTs for a while I now feel completely safe that it's not a scam At this point, after all the work being put into it, never having any issues sending or receiving NXTs, etc, why put all that work to scam people instead of making more money by having a very legit coin?

Why go through all that work just to pump it then dump it, when there's more to be made by having having it be successful? It would be much easier to make/Copy Paste another Bitcoin/Litecoin clone.
indijim

Activity: 471

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:16:26 PM

The highest I've seen it was at .0001, and the last I saw it was at .000085, so that would not equal to a 50% loss. It's also a new coin, so chances are that it will continue to go up.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:21:15 PM

this is a coin that should be held in high regard in the Alt section as a serious contender to topple Bitcoin, instead most hate it out of ignorance or misinformation.
You want it to topple Bitcoin because...?

People can go back to their junk coins for all I care..
Nxt isn't also a shitcoin because ...? This one isn't even rhetorical, I have no clue what makes Nxt special.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:22:08 PM

The highest I've seen it was at .0001, and the last I saw it was at .000085, so that would not equal to a 50% loss. It's also a new coin, so chances are that it will continue to go up.

No doubt. Of course it'll go up we have barely got started
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

Just make a copy of NXT coin without terrible IPO and we are fine.
relm9

Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:25:46 PM

I think it's partly because a lot of people on this section of the forum are also miners. They see NXT as a threat.

The distribution could have been better, but honestly, if the IPO was re-launched today I don't see how it would change things. In a way, all the skepticism surrounding NXT played to its favor because you didn't have these large investors dumping dozens of BTC. Like with Counterparty, someone burned over 30 BTC yesterday to get a stake over 1%. Basically the people that complain about distribution are just mad they missed the IPO...

Anyway, I agree this is the most promising crypto out there. Can't wait to see where it goes a year from now, interesting times ahead Smiley
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:27:14 PM

this is a coin that should be held in high regard in the Alt section as a serious contender to topple Bitcoin, instead most hate it out of ignorance or misinformation.
You want it to topple Bitcoin because...?

People can go back to their junk coins for all I care..
Nxt isn't also a shitcoin because ...? This one isn't even rhetorical, I have no clue what makes Nxt special.

Read about nxt here www.nxtcrypto.org
It's the first brand new crypto currency with entirely new code. Decentralized exchange and all.
Wipeout2097

Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:30:00 PM

I also read this:
1 billion NXT were initially distributed between just 70 people, that wasn't even a month ago. These 70 people ALL TOGETHER paid 21 btc for it. If you look at the market price now, these 1 billion NXT would be valued at more than 70000 BTC. Does that make any sense? You're right, it doesn't.

Forget about this scam coin. It's nice if someone creates a new and bitcoin-independant code base, but getting the initial distribution of the currency so fundamentally wrong is just unacceptable. There is a REASON satoshi didn't just split 21 million bitcoin between himself and four or five friends of his....

I wonder if I could also "develop" a scamcoin, think about some innovative promotion, and get rich out of thin air like this...

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:45:42 PM

I don't understand this.

NXT started after the IPO at 0.000015BTC/1NXT. now it is 0.00008 BTC/1NXT ... how could you lost 50% of your investment???
cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:48:45 PM

I don't understand this.

NXT started after the IPO at 0.000015BTC/1NXT. now it is 0.00008 BTC/1NXT ... how could you lost 50% of your investment???

That means it only went up 533% in price I'm not saying that's not a lot but I was under the impression it skyrocketed by way more, and yeah I have no idea what 50% that guy is talking about.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:56:37 PM

it's far from undervalued, $70Million cap and its very new. that's amazing enough

GröBkAz

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:57:01 PM

I don't understand this.

That means it only went up 533% in price I'm not saying that's not a lot but I was under the impression it skyrocketed by way more, and yeah I have no idea what 50% that guy is talking about.

when you take a look at the chart: It was very hard to lose money with NXT coin. You find just two spikes, otherwise there was steady growing
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:12:39 PM

I don't understand this.

Not all of us are NXT IPO investors  Cheesy

although I obviously wish I was an IPO investor with NXT  Cheesy

But, I bought in at a peak and lost pretty bad. Similar to Doge. Lost a shit ton more with Doge, but still lost like 50% on NXT.

Producer
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:17:41 PM

I fail to see what value a coin has for everyone where all the coins are generated in one step out of thin air and distributed to a few ppl.

But enlighten me.

I am pretty new to the cryptocoin scene started to dig into all this at Christmas.

I tell you what I know about Nxt so far:

- I can not mine it. (Very bad when you are here to mine coins)

- I had to "invest" in it at a timepoint I hardly knew more than what bitcoins are and wondered how I ever get to my very frist bitcoin. (not so easy) So how can this coin be fair distributed to any ppl that get interested into cryptocoin at a later time? How can it be any usefull to them?

- POS: The one that holds it gets more and more coins .. the one that holds most gets the most.. or the rich get even richer.. THAT should be a good idea???

- Why should anyone trade something where it's amound increases by not trading? A currency has to circulate. This Nxt is by design an AnttCurrency.

- "With NxtT Transparent Forging, the network can detect which accounts do not participate in the proof-of-stake block verification process and temporarily penalize them."

Here I lack experience since I dont have Nxt. But this sounds to me like that evryone that wants to take part int his Nxt thing has to run somethign all the time to help the beig POS holder to get more of their coins?

- unprofessional java code. Java is a bad choose but at least do it right then.

- KLONE project. A clone of Nxt with the purpose to have those members generate even more clones. That's like a cult. What's the prupose of this? Not even Nxt is etablished. How should a flood of clones help here Nxt's case?

I can't help but I see nothing usable or of value in this Coin for anyone except for those 70 that holds them and dream about its value.

Nxt has much of that "marinecoin?" I read where the dev made it so that he will get's everything (premined) and the miner are just a bunch of evils that deserve to get nothing and endured only to make to get his coins some value.

Nxt took that "all for me" idea a step further by simple getting right of a mining step.

Now the Nxt ppl have all the coins and wonder how to boost the values even more. Not that they already are valued much too height for their true value: NO Value.

True there are enough that will readly give the non deserved value boost.

I know other coins arent better...they just do it less obvious.

GröBkAz

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:19:39 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 09:29:45 PM by GröBkAz

I don't understand this.

Not all of us are NXT IPO investors  Cheesy

although I obviously wish I was an IPO investor with NXT  Cheesy

But, I bought in at a peak and lost pretty bad. Similar to Doge. Lost a shit ton more with Doge, but still lost like 50% on NXT.

I'm also no IPO investor. If you are had invested in the IPO then your gain would be much greater than 500%. But for the IPO investors, the risk where much higher.

it is not true that only the first early investors benefit. For those who do not have the money to buy expensive mining hardware, it is a great opportunity. That there are investors who have plenty of money earned by nxt, is certainly not negative. something like that you will see in other crypto currency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: