Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CNBC reporting 2000 USD for Bitcoin!  (Read 390 times)
iwishicouldfly

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:30:18 AM

There is absolutely a chance bitcoin can hit 2k even under 1k but I don't trust long term projections in the crypto world.  It's all speculation from the people saying it's going to go down and the people on here saying it's going to go up.  None of you have the answers, NONE of you. 

I've been out of crypto since I sold of all my BTC @ 16k USD.  I'm not coming back in until either it hits something ridiculously low (1.5k) or there is a strong indication that this bearish movement is over.  5k is not enough for me to jump back in, it's still too expensive given the trends.  If it hits 2k I might start considering about investing again.  Just go with your gut instinct at least that way if you lose money you can blame yourself not other people.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ciucas

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:14:49 AM

Of course, it's a possibility for Bitcoin to hit 2000$, but the chances are very low( i would say under 5%). Very many people who sold when Bitcoin was higher in price will just buy it back at the lower price, and will pump back the price.

jamesashmore1964 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:40:27 AM

Of course, it's a possibility for Bitcoin to hit 2000$, but the chances are very low( i would say under 5%). Very many people who sold when Bitcoin was higher in price will just buy it back at the lower price, and will pump back the price.

The US Fed are on the record as valuing it at 1800USD
Matcuda

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:13:39 AM

It does not sound good but anything is possible!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/11/dont-count-on-a-bitcoin-rebound-from-the-weekend-rout-any-time-soon-chart-analysts-say.html

At the moment everything is up in the air: It is a mess!
Analysts say about 50k, news on the contrary about a drop to 2k. And in reality it will be somewhere in the middle, about 10k and nobody can be trusted and believe rumors.

heynikkki

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:37:45 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/11/dont-count-on-a-bitcoin-rebound-from-the-weekend-rout-any-time-soon-chart-analysts-say.html

Don't believe Mass media. If they say that Bitcoin will burst or fall it means that it can go higher.
This "expert" states that BTC can drop from $6,747 to near $2,000.
Do you really think it is possible? I have a strong doubt.
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:49:15 AM

Since I do not have any bitcoins, I'm not worried about such forecasts. On the contrary, I would be happy to see such a price to buy a few of these coins and keep them until better times!
jamesashmore1964 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:55:37 AM

Don't take this too serious. It's just another episode of FUD. All you need to know about the qualification of CNBC crypto "experts" in one picture:
<image snipped>
It's like this for anything involving the media. They have 0 trustworthiness when it comes to anything that actually requires a little bit of speculation and intelligence, since it's hard to find someone who goes into media production with brains anyways. This comes doubly so when it comes to anything related to investing or making money; if they are not some kind of dedicated business network that does not have the tip-top tier, or at least the very closest thing to it that they can get their hands on, then they have a severe lack of credibility when it comes to making ANYONE money, let alone in something as crazy as crypto.

People follow the media. Crypto enthusiast are a minority. That is why Bitcoin is failing!
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:40:11 PM

Your first sentence is real. Yes, everything is possible but here you have to think more if it was attainable or in so many past news if you will still believe on anyone's prediction or news to make the market dump or pump. This news was always been here for a long time some might real but most were created to make panic.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ArjCrypto

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:41:01 PM

Just do the opposite of what CNBC tells you and you will be fine. They tell you to not get into bitcoin at 3k and tell you to buy at 15k, same as the XRP example on page 1.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:00:35 PM

Just more fud.  You can't possibly believe what the mainstream new media tells you.  There is too much support at this point, it will never fall back to 2k.
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:20:19 PM

To be honnest thats low even for me because crash to 2k would need to be caused by some seriosly bad news like Trump bans crypto or something like that and i just dont see it happening.3k might happen if this bear period last for at least a year more
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:24:15 PM

This is written by another one of those clowns that know nothing about bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. Just take a look at how many times bitcoin was pronounced dead by these incompetent media outlets. The only reliable thing you will get out of media is their continued ignorance and sensationalization of the news.

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

It is true that all is possible and we have to be ready whatever happens. But, in my opinion, it is highly unlikely to go down to $2k price per BTC. $6k is the approximate mining cost and miners needed to pay for the expenses. They will not sell anything below $6k, which will likely be the cause for scarcity on BTC, therefore, institutional buyers will most likely buy at that price level and we may have another bull run.
Filicius

Activity: 424
Merit: 75

TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:44:34 PM

Everything is possible, but it's quite surprising to read somebody saying it can go down to 2k and at the same time say we can't hit the 10k... even taking into account we were there just a few weeks ago!

Many people have sold and is so bearish... I really think it's a good thing for future price action  Cheesy.

WWW.TALKIMG.COM | Image hosting for BitcoinTalk | Official Topic
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:48:50 PM

Of course anything are possible for bitcoin goes dump upto 2000$, but i can't imagine that analysis will come true that's only an analysis base also in the speculation nobody can predict and analyst about the bitcoin price exact amount goes up or down their price just hold and enjoy forget the bitcoin investment at this moment wait for the right time to earn huge profits if the price goes again into normal.
iwishicouldfly

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:58:27 AM

It is true that all is possible and we have to be ready whatever happens. But, in my opinion, it is highly unlikely to go down to $2k price per BTC. $6k is the approximate mining cost and miners needed to pay for the expenses. They will not sell anything below $6k, which will likely be the cause for scarcity on BTC, therefore, institutional buyers will most likely buy at that price level and we may have another bull run.

Not true the mining cost is like $3k in China which is the main producer of bitcoin and there's nothing to suggest miners won't sell for a loss if nobody is buying.  Better to take a loss than to make no money.  So it could EASILY go below 6k and I think it will go to at least $5k.  I wouldn't buy it at that though still overpriced.
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:04:17 AM

Although I think bitcoin's price can decrease more, I don't think $2000 price is a logical prediction. In my opinion, it is a big probability that it can reach $7000 or $8000 again in the following weeks.

See there are many people propagating negative news about the bitcoin, see we have to understand bearish market because in previous year bitcoin price increased suddenly and now it is fluctuating a lot in the market. So we have to move in positive direction to hold the bitcoin.
BitcoinThugLife

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:06:01 AM

If it goes to $2k I will sell all my houses and buy BTC
okan

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:12:47 AM

these are fud news. and for these news, people make panic sells or want to sell high buy low and because of them btc dropped from 20000.

market is so new and everybody wants x5 in a short time. this greed will be end of btc.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:13:00 AM

I don't believe that news $2k that's impossible for bitcoin, another FUD again. I believe that it will never down that price, there is possible down at around $5k, but will not down at $2k

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: