Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:38:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't reply to Trash posts  (Read 536 times)
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:41:56 PM

Bump! Grin

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:00:13 PM

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say. If there is a post that is of a troll like nature on this forum, the best way to make it go away is to simply not reply to it. Posts with a super unrealistic and or dumb title gets bumped back to the top when yo reply to it. I keep seeing posts that should have been dead months ago because people reply to it. Remember the people that want BTC to fail also post on this forum. When spreading FUD it's easy to start like 5-10 posts knowing that all of your positive replies will bump them all to the top.

Just looking out for us. Smiley

I think replying to it won't make any difference when Mods decide to shred it to the waste bin that won't be accessed by unauthorized people. I also don't agree that not all should be ignored because some might actually be relevant to the current situations instead of creating another thread to discuss the same thing all over again.

But there are some that dont worth dignifying with response and most times when I see replies running into several pages, I wonder what people were really penning down as response. Threads that would talk about bitcoin heading to $1k another one to $500 with same objective and same direction of discussion but at same time, some worth response because of the new people or those not mature enough in the industry to be neutral to news such as those and they might need those responses to solidify their stand against all odds. I have been there before so I know what its about.
jpnl0005

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

Thanks for the advise and i want to add to that by saying when  we do reply trashy post we give room or space to more trashy posts to come in so staying silent makes them go off.Very nice one
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:45:23 PM

The thing is, people who post trash likes posting on trash topics. It's pretty much the best place for them to spam some replies(with the same level of trash quality) to get the required postcount for their bounties. That's why you see those trash posts having so much replies in less than an hour, compared to topics that are quite complicated for them(e.g. topics about BIP39 wallets, etc)

That is true, they use those topics to increase their number of posts for their bounty programs, so trashy posts go updated again. Those topics or questions usually just need a common sense to answer. Separating the newbies of course, but they should learn that before posting a new topic, they should have read first the rules and regulations in the forum.
I got used to report the trash topics to the moderator of the board and the mod can decide if the topic can be deleted because of various reasons (FUD, spam, scam, duplicate topic, spam megathread, etc...)
If every member would just report 10-15 trash topics per day, the forum will be much cleaner...
And also, spammers would realize there's  no need to open trash topics to post in it, because sooner or later these topics will get deleted and their post count won't increase...
Olafs

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:49:09 PM

I also suggest to be more thorough in creating threads, do not create threads that have easy topics, such threads would be a tasty meal for spammers.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:50:18 PM

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say. If there is a post that is of a troll like nature on this forum, the best way to make it go away is to simply not reply to it. Posts with a super unrealistic and or dumb title gets bumped back to the top when yo reply to it. I keep seeing posts that should have been dead months ago because people reply to it. Remember the people that want BTC to fail also post on this forum. When spreading FUD it's easy to start like 5-10 posts knowing that all of your positive replies will bump them all to the top.

Correct. Stay away from negative point of view of others. Dont make it run until the 100 page where non sense is being said and posted.
Some people just love to fight over a talk which will not go any further than just what it started from. It will not improve amy of us but will just take us down.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Yeah, I just tend to report them whenever I see them. Just not worth it to spend any more time on it.
A lot of the time I just see them being removed after a couple of hours and my report 'success rate' isn't going down.

It really does make a difference when lots of people adopt this sort of attitude.

hadveach

Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:05:49 PM

yes, I never answered any old topic, because I understand that if we do it then it will go back up, except if the old topic has a very important question. and sometimes make us confused, because many of the same topics, but with different sentence styles.

therefore leave the old topic, and take advantage of a new topic.
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:12:40 PM

yes great idea like don't post in the topics with 10 pages already

merit system is already run here so if moderators not see this better to rely in merit

newbie don't know what is trash post that's why we have many here
fipper

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:20:34 PM

you are right the quality of a good post affects the quality of its investors with good quality investors will make bitcoin growing and become the best
Mia_pikachu

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:42:12 PM

yes, I never answered any old topic, because I understand that if we do it then it will go back up, except if the old topic has a very important question. and sometimes make us confused, because many of the same topics, but with different sentence styles.

therefore leave the old topic, and take advantage of a new topic.
that is what we should all do, but there are also many new topics whose questions resemble old topics, but sometimes there are also old topics and it is very important also for reading and reading for beginners or newbie can know what they do not know when they have not joined in this forum, yes, as seniors here please be advised if for example many newbie that they ask a lot, because they also need direction from you seniors here.
Maximo1

Activity: 202

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 11:46:23 PM

Yes i agree with you OP, thats what i did i didnt reply their nonsense post, they are just bothering us, if we entertain them then haters, scammers will exist just ignore them hope all investors are dealing this kind of attitude coz thats the only thing that makes them quite.
WootenMayo

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:22:21 AM

Sure, I'm getting tired of those too. Should ignore them all. Don't know if we have the report function or not..
railyako

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:37:03 AM

yeah. a lot of trash post i see in the forum. posting just for the sake of posting.
btcluisdiki

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:07:31 AM

I agree with author's subject where people should not reply to trash post that could have a negative impact to btc. In my case, I usually check the participants on a particular thread and same thing with the subject title that I consider a good one to reply. In the event that this certain trash subject will not be posted by the participants, this cannot penetrate to spread the destructive news to the many users and the community in general.
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:03:53 PM

Replying trashy post only gives it some kind of notice that is irrelevant i am so good at ignoring trashy post because it just a waste of time attending or replying them it makes no sense at all thanks.Trashy post are unhealthy to be heard or read
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:42:51 PM

you're right, I'm also trying to apply this attitude but it's not always easy to calm down when you see the posts like I just read about bitcoin going down to $500.,,

I hate posts that scare new investors from Crypto related stuffs. It is always disturbing reading them. I think moderators of the great forum  are doing really well to clear most of these trash posts.
kofibee12

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:50:07 PM

A question from a newbie may seems dump by a veteran member of cryptocurrencies. It is hard to differentiate a dump post and I think using the rank of the person making the post to judge if it is dump or not can be a criteria.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:56:58 PM

I think the best thing is to reply to every post trash or unrealistic post to simply remind them or give advice to them so it will not be repeated or no posts that we consider garbage, I think the role of moderator control will be very influential in this regard.
Kisska2710

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:29:29 AM

But sometimes we need to discuss something outside of Bitcoin. However, no matter what you discuss, it is not allowed to publish spam. That's pretty much the best place for them to spam some reply (with the same level of trash quality) to get the required postage amount for their bonus.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: