Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ways to deal with this mean bear market  (Read 140 times)
vydnyth (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:36:57 PM

At a time like this - when the altcoin market is totally in the dumps - I think it's useful for people to share some tips for how they deal with it effectively.

For example, for myself - I find I have to let go of my usual crypto obsession a bit. There's a psychological change that needs to occur. It does me no good (the opposite in fact) to be checking my crypto apps 18x per day when the market's continuing to go down. I need to condition myself to look at them as little as possible.

I've found some other activities that can be helpful in satiating my crypto crazy while I try to ignore my primary portfolio - for example, using the LomoStar app to participate in airdrops and collect coins. I also get word of airdrops via Twitter and participate in these as well. These are good activities during times like this because (1) it lets me stay involved in crypto without having to cry over my portfolio, and (2) this is free money we're talking about here!

What about you? How do you deal?
langaw2018
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:17:21 PM

At a time like this - when the altcoin market is totally in the dumps - I think it's useful for people to share some tips for how they deal with it effectively.

For example, for myself - I find I have to let go of my usual crypto obsession a bit. There's a psychological change that needs to occur. It does me no good (the opposite in fact) to be checking my crypto apps 18x per day when the market's continuing to go down. I need to condition myself to look at them as little as possible.

I've found some other activities that can be helpful in satiating my crypto crazy while I try to ignore my primary portfolio - for example, using the LomoStar app to participate in airdrops and collect coins. I also get word of airdrops via Twitter and participate in these as well. These are good activities during times like this because (1) it lets me stay involved in crypto without having to cry over my portfolio, and (2) this is free money we're talking about here!

My advise is don't keep on hodling without proper understanding on your cryptos and also if you want just to earn and that chance is given to you during bear market never continue to hodl, the important is you lost nothing. Other strategy is buy some coins which so cheap when you compare with before and wait till market rising. Except that, you can sell tokens which didnt decrease so much yet.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:23:23 PM

I deal with it with simple taking a break from the crypto market and hope to come back again if things are coming up, and I would try to buy some coins for the future.
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 06:28:28 PM

Why do you all think that this market is a bear market?
I think it is pretty normal, usual market. Just a year ago we had a bull run, after it all seems a bit miserable, but it is normal.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:34:52 PM

My advise is don't keep on hodling without proper understanding on your cryptos and also if you want just to earn and that chance is given to you during bear market never continue to hodl, the important is you lost nothing. Other strategy is buy some coins which so cheap when you compare with before and wait till market rising. Except that, you can sell tokens which didnt decrease so much yet.

Indeed, hodling anything can be a big trap as there are really projects which could not easily have the traction that they must have and this can even be true with those which we assumed to have some good value in them. This is the big mistake which I made last year...when the value of many of the tokens I have reached their highest level I should sold them because sadly many of them are now at just 10% of their ATH value. Knowing what to hodl and when to do it can really be critical factor to be successful in this "crazy" volatile cryptocurrency market.
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:39:16 PM

Just a natural cycle. Try not to look at your portfolio everyday.
Learn to trade as well. You can get more of the coin/token that you want to hodl by trading even if the market is heading down.
xrpholder1982

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:12:24 PM

If you are an investor and not a trader than the answer is very simple.  If you did your due diligence and research on the projects you've invested in for at least a 3-5 year buy and hold and they have continued to show progress and developments fundamentally than the answer here should be very clear: buy more if your situation allows!  If not, just HODL for another 3-5 years.  Feel fortunate that the projects you love are oversold and offer substantial value at the moment.  If you haven't done your research appropriately than I can see why the fear and uncertainty and that's your own fault.  I'm personally more bullish than ever on XRP, NEO and FCT and am buying all I can.  Of course, I don't plan on selling any before 2021 or 2022.  Its a long road with curves and obstacles. 
nezzard

Activity: 434
Merit: 100