Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:02:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adoption of crypto-payments in buses  (Read 300 times)
Cardan0 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:25:58 PM
Merited by ShareAccepted (1)

I just came across this news about a Brazilian company that now accepts 3 cryptocurrencies (BTC, BCH and LTC) to book their tickets. The payment method is quite simple, just with a code in a screen, no complex technologies nor terminals. It is unclear how they handle network congestion and how many confirmations are required.

This is the source

I also seem to recall that there is an airport in Australia accepting crypto and at least one airline, but I don´t remember which one.

If anyone from Brazil could comment on this news it would be nice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:25:22 PM

It is a very limited use on that precise operator, but I think that others in the area may become interested if they see that clients use it. I think that that´s how big things are started.

I know that this blog, that is very respected for airlines and points info has listed a few airlines that accept bitcoin:
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/airlines-otas-accepting-bitcoin/
AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:00:32 AM

This would be the world i would like to see everywhere, but lokking at the price fluctuations i am not quite sure how is it possoble for a business to consider this payment.
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 07:15:40 PM

I just came across this news about a Brazilian company that now accepts 3 cryptocurrencies (BTC, BCH and LTC) to book their tickets. The payment method is quite simple, just with a code in a screen, no complex technologies nor terminals. It is unclear how they handle network congestion and how many confirmations are required.

This is the source

I also seem to recall that there is an airport in Australia accepting crypto and at least one airline, but I don´t remember which one.

If anyone from Brazil could comment on this news it would be nice.

I would very much like to see more and more such companies accepting cryptocurrency not only for booking tickets but also in other directions, but unfortunately there is a very limited number of them. Although in 2018, cryptocurrencies are developing by leaps and bounds until a person is accustomed to such use of cryptocurrencies, although this is quite possible. 99% of people who use cryptocurrency today are no more than active players in the market of large exchanges or traders for whom the first goal is to earn good interest on the cryptocurrency. Over time, I think this direction will develop and every smartphone will have a small wallet instead of a credit card and we will see a gradual increase in users of such payment and along with this people will increasingly understand this world!
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:18:23 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 11:57:13 PM by NavI_027
Merited by paxmao (1)

Great move by those Brazilian bus companies but I just want clear something, Is this only applicable in travel booking? If so then it would be much better if they'll also add a system where they can do the transaction already inside the bus, I'm sure that the busy bee ones who don't have time for booking will be benefited by this. Though my suggestion seems hard to achieve but if they will succed then their country will be benefited a lot.
Maybe you are pertaining to Brisbane airport, it accepts Btc also Eth, Ltca and Dash.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:41:53 PM

This would be the world i would like to see everywhere, but lokking at the price fluctuations i am not quite sure how is it possoble for a business to consider this payment.

I couldn't agree more. It would be great to have this extended but business will only adopt it once the currencies stabilise which I hope its not in a too distant future.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:33:22 PM

I find it a perfect idea as nowadays all people hold their smartphones in their hands. It would be easier and faster to just pass the screen to a QR scan code.

This would also have an effect in the general bus service as the transportation schedule would move faster.
Alex31207

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:43:18 PM

With such volatility as cryptocurrency it is safe.You book a flight, and the course is already fly to the moon or Vice versa down.Well done.Let them develop this direction
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:27:34 PM

Anyway a great news and one more step to the bright crypto future, hope during this decade we will loose fiat money common use.
JasonXIII

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:01:30 PM

Great news. Thank you
QuadeBarrier

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:22:02 AM

Brazil is very dangerous. I don't know if people in the public would be able to tell that you used crypto, but I wouldn't use it just to not be a target.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:57:23 AM

It might be possible booking means reserving your ticket online days before the departure schedule so network congestion on blockchains is not a problem since its not real-time actual transaction that can needs to be done instantly you know what I mean.   
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:53:12 AM

This is actually happening in the country of Philippines,  almost all crypto/non-crypto related who use coins. ph exchange wallet, load their account with fiat via cashing in through remittance and they have this beep card which is reloadable via coins. Ph and can be use to transportation.
crypto_nd

Activity: 140

Less troubles

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:26:39 PM

this is a very welcome development, from buses to other forms of market. if they successfully implement this on buses that is an everyday (day to day) business it will help teach much more people about cryptocurrency subconsciously or consciously.   
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 07:33:13 PM

I total, agree with you. Seeing business adopting crypto coins as payment is really encouraging for the economy of crypto generally but given its volatility it would be quite risky for them to consider this now. Perhaps, an equal harmonically adaptation of crypto by these business might help, though that's unlikely in the near future
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:41:13 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Well I assume they use a payment processor like Bitpay, and the bus company doesn't want to hold onto crypto at all.  That's the case with pretty much all merchants--the volatility is a killer, plus they all have banks, and banks don't accept crypto deposits. 

I don't know if this is a great thing or not, because I'd still much rather use my pocket change for a bus ride, or buy a bus pass if I'm a frequent customer.  Now, if I could pay for the bus pass with bitcoin that'd be awesome...but not for me, because I'd rather hold onto my crypto.

The other thing I find interesting is that most merchants I've seen who take multiple coins usually take LTC.  I think if any of this is good for bitcoin, it should be good for LTC as well.
sergiokkl

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:22:00 AM

If true, then just a sign crypto is becoming popular all over the world even a bus company accepting some crypto coin as the payment for ticket. Really amazing, seems world are turning into a cashless society. Here in our country crypto is supported by goverment
loveblack
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:30:10 PM

this is easy to implement . you can pay for your bus ticket with USDT . it is the most stable . currently , bitcoin is not suitable for payment . its transfer time is too long . and its price is unstable .
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 09:24:57 AM

This is a positive news about the crypto currency and block chain technology. It will be a thing of greatness when this curtain edge technology is widely accepted in every sphere and sector across the globe. A time when crypto currency will be accepted as tuition fee, with that quality education will be affordable to every individual irrespective of their location globally.
kaar

Activity: 121
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:43:02 PM

Great move by those Brazilian bus companies but I just want clear something, Is this only applicable in travel booking? If so then it would be much better if they'll also add a system where they can do the transaction already inside the bus, I'm sure that the busy bee ones who don't have time for booking will be benefited by this. Though my suggestion seems hard to achieve but if they will succed then their country will be benefited a lot.

Don’t think it’s feasible to implement this system inside the bus. This requires internet connection on every bus which is not always available in Brazil. Even if you manage to solve that, you’ll basically need almost instant confirmations - even 30 second confirmation time might result in large delays.

I get the desire of people to see bitcoin (or crypto in general) implemented in more areas. I too wish there were more options to use bitcoin, but there are cases where there is simply no point to do so. Don’t take it personally, it’s just that I see this kind of posts a lot lately. Bitcoin is great and has the potential to make our life better in many aspects. This doesn’t mean that it’s always the best option.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: