Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission recent perspective on Crypto currency  (Read 156 times)
Mamaecrypto (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 12:07:03 AM

I thought this link would bring us a great subject for discussion. It is a link for a speeach given by comissioner Rostin Berhnam at the BFI summit. I thought it was truly a fantastic perspective that foresees crypto currency as a solution for our current (outdated and overabused) financial system. Would love to know your thoughts on his words. We might be heading in a good direction or do you think not? https://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/SpeechesTestimony/opabehnam7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:47:59 AM

I think this is one of the first posts that actually contains some good news concerning a future perspective for cryptos. Most people make vague and uninteresting statements that do not commit themselves to a certain stance or course of action however here we have a statement that pushes for crypto and has a very disappointed tone towards any country that has banned or heavily restricted its use.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

.....the speech is so rich and far reaching, tracing the history of telephone to computer and the likes to virtual currency. Reading through the speech, you would understand that we just have to keep investing in this cryptos because we are just in the right business environment.

The United State adoption of blockchain virtual currency is just what will turn things around faster. I see cryptocurrency as the technology that will create more wealth among the poor.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:05:11 PM

Good article, nicely put by Monsieur Rostin Berhnam. However, the more you read, the more he sounds more like a typical block chain enthusiast. 99% of "believers" know it is a great technology, without knowing or proffering real solutions that the technology can be applied to. Will it change humanity, I very much doubt it. But, it is a useful tool going forward, the current financial system would take something drastic to be moved aside, considering the billions poured into it to make it work.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

.....the speech is so rich and far reaching, tracing the history of telephone to computer and the likes to virtual currency. Reading through the speech, you would understand that we just have to keep investing in this cryptos because we are just in the right business environment.

The United State adoption of blockchain virtual currency is just what will turn things around faster. I see cryptocurrency as the technology that will create more wealth among the poor.
I don't see anything good in someone trying to get an impact on cryptocurrencies. For me it doesn't matter who the state does or the rich people. After the appearance of futures contracts, the price of bitcoin has decreased. On exchanges there are many bogus rates to manipulate prices. All of this can make the cryptocurrency less popular. The community was not ready for freedom. Wish.
Mamaecrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:15:12 AM

I think this is one of the first posts that actually contains some good news concerning a future perspective for cryptos. Most people make vague and uninteresting statements that do not commit themselves to a certain stance or course of action however here we have a statement that pushes for crypto and has a very disappointed tone towards any country that has banned or heavily restricted its use.

I agree. For a government authority To at least acknoledge that crypto currency can be a solution to the finacial caos that is our financial system of today  is a plus, even if just a possibility. It sparks curiosity and I think that drives interest. Also to acknoledge that bitcoin has already been proven to be one of the few safe commodities in out of control countries is even better. In some places people have no place to go other than use cripto as a ways to exchange. I think that few more steps we are there. If my local grocery store accepted any crypto currency right now I would choose to pay with that. Signals like this make us one step closer to this goal I think.

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:27:23 AM

This is really cool, and this quote:
"But virtual currencies may – will – become part of the economic practices of any country, anywhere."

Wonder if he's talking about actually decentralized and uncontrollable currencies or if he's referring to some type of government-controlled virtual currency?  Undecided

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:24:06 AM

I thought this link would bring us a great subject for discussion. It is a link for a speeach given by comissioner Rostin Berhnam at the BFI summit. I thought it was truly a fantastic perspective that foresees crypto currency as a solution for our current (outdated and overabused) financial system. Would love to know your thoughts on his words. We might be heading in a good direction or do you think not? https://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/SpeechesTestimony/opabehnam7

Reading the article, its well enriched and detailed touching virtually every human endeavor to the extent of how the effect of blockchain can be felt. This is the kind of discussion I am impressed couple with taking the discussion to a gathering that matters. A gathering whose statement could mean a lot. A word of support from that office would change the thinking and direction of most people and that is where the real change we all want to see now or in the future and good thing its coming from someone who is knowledgeable about the subject matter.
The point that summarizes everything was '' Blockchain is more than technology:  it is an advance that reaches out into every aspect of life.  We could use Blockchain to address the most basic, the most primal problems on our planet:  corruption, income distribution, poverty, food, and health care.  And, the fear billions of people experience everyday as they try to survive.  '' and this is what we have been advocating since the beginning.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:01:59 AM

Wonder if he's talking about actually decentralized and uncontrollable currencies or if he's referring to some type of government-controlled virtual currency?  Undecided

Probably both, but considering the topic at hand, he may be primarily referring to cryptocurrencies. He also said something about it "these currencies" not going away and proliferating, implying that they already exist and are making their mark. That statement isn't really applicable to state-controlled virtual currencies considering their impact, or lack thereof, in the current world.

Either way, it's always refreshing to see someone in position who is at least open minded towards innovation.

Mamaecrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 07:43:56 AM

Reading the article, its well enriched and detailed touching virtually every human endeavor to the extent of how the effect of blockchain can be felt. This is the kind of discussion I am impressed couple with taking the discussion to a gathering that matters. A gathering whose statement could mean a lot. A word of support from that office would change the thinking and direction of most people and that is where the real change we all want to see now or in the future and good thing its coming from someone who is knowledgeable about the subject matter.
The point that summarizes everything was '' Blockchain is more than technology:  it is an advance that reaches out into every aspect of life.  We could use Blockchain to address the most basic, the most primal problems on our planet:  corruption, income distribution, poverty, food, and health care.  And, the fear billions of people experience everyday as they try to survive.  '' and this is what we have been advocating since the beginning.

Right! Just refreshing to see this type of speeach being showcased in a government web site. It feels somehow rewarding. So glad you enjoyed the read

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: