View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:08:52 PM

Is this in order to have your daily limit increased? Or have they locked you down completely? Did you do anything unusual?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:20:12 PM

MTgox requires ID and Proof of address. When I first sign up with them, they did not ask for these information. Now, I have btc and USD in their account and they are asking me to send these documents. What happens if I don't? Will they take my btc and USD? Help?! Please.

How much volume are you doing?

When I wanted to have my Withdrawal limit raised, I had to mail him notarized copies of my documents to Japan.
Definitely a good business practice, not a bad one!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
incraft3817 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:23:14 PM

I sell and trade btc to other people charging a small percentage. I would go buy moneypaks and trade btc to other people. People send btc to my wallet and I transfer them to mtgox and withdraw usd, rinse and repeat. This is not the whole point. The whole point is that if they are going to act like a bank, they should put up an agreement before their customers registered an account with them. This is unfair because there is no way I'm going to send them my ID and proof of address because I don't trust their security.
incraft3817 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:25:20 PM

MTgox requires ID and Proof of address. When I first sign up with them, they did not ask for these information. Now, I have btc and USD in their account and they are asking me to send these documents. What happens if I don't? Will they take my btc and USD? Help?! Please.

When I wanted to have my Withdrawal limit raised, I had to mail him notarized copies of my documents to Japan.

My withdrawal limit is only 1k a day. I never requested them to raise my withdrawal limit. My volume is about 4k btc the last 30 days.
randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:40:52 PM

Are you sure it's mtgox asking for those documents? Maybe it's some phishing attempt or something.
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:42:33 PM

There is nothing "unfair" about it. Its the way it works. They sometimes have to do this in order to not get shut down accused for being a money laundry service.
You can allways transfer you Bitcoins someplace else if you dont like it.

Yes ofcourse it could also be a phishing.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:46:48 PM

My withdrawal limit is only 1k a day. I never requested them to raise my withdrawal limit. My volume is about 4k btc the last 30 days.

Dosent seem like your over the limit, but probably triggered something in his system.

There is nothing "unfair" about it. Its the way it works. They sometimes have to do this in order to not get shut down accused for being a money laundry service.

istar is correct, ou agree to his TOS when you created an account. He has the right to ask for these documents.
You should look at it as a good thing.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:48:50 PM

You've obviously never signed up for stock trading before, THOSE are invasive, Mtgox is just doing a good business practice for their volume.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
incraft3817 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:51:31 PM

Why would Mtgox phish their own site? lol I emailed to Your account is currently pending review, please contact aml@mtgox.com and got this respond:

Hi,

To unblock your account which is pending identity verification, please provide your account name, the copy of an official ID document (such as passport, driver's license, etc...) and the copy of an utility bill at your name and address.

Please fill the following:

Account Name:

We will review your document and unlock your account based on the information provided.

Please note that you can also send a notarized color copy of your ID document to this address (remember to include your mtgox account name) via registered mail (fedex, etc) :

Name: Mark Karpeles
Company: Tibanne Co. Ltd.
Address: 26-1 Sakuragaoka-cho
Address (cont): Cerulean Tower 15F
City: Shibuya
Region: Tokyo
Zip: 150-8512

Thanks,
Mark

They won't let me withdraw USD or Bitcoins. I guess tradehill and new exchanges will be getting more business from now. Sucks because I really like them.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:52:19 PM

don't forget; Bitcoin is a new concept and is in a highly evolving state.  anything to keep the doors open at Mtgox is worth it for now.  not ideal, but necessary i'm afraid.

personally i wouldn't make a big deal about it.  if you're making a profit doing this i would stick with it even if it means revealing your identity.  not too many Bitcoin businesses are making a profit at this moment.  and if it gets big, like i'm betting, if you're one of the last guys standing still in business your upside will be enormous.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:53:49 PM

Why would Mtgox phish their own site? lol I emailed to Your account is currently pending review, please contact aml@mtgox.com and got this respond:

Hi,

To unblock your account which is pending identity verification, please provide your account name, the copy of an official ID document (such as passport, driver's license, etc...) and the copy of an utility bill at your name and address.

Account Name:

We will review your document and unlock your account based on the information provided.

Please note that you can also send a notarized color copy of your ID document to this address (remember to include your mtgox account name) via registered mail (fedex, etc) :

Thanks,
Mark

They won't let me withdraw USD or Bitcoins. I guess tradehill and new exchanges will be getting more business from now. Sucks because I really like them.

thats the exact documentation they asked of me when i wanted to withdrawal more than the daily $1000 limit.  that was 2 mo ago though.
incraft3817 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:55:18 PM

don't forget; Bitcoin is a new concept and is in a highly evolving state.  anything to keep the doors open at Mtgox is worth it for now.  not ideal, but necessary i'm afraid.

personally i wouldn't make a big deal about it.  if you're making a profit doing this i would stick with it even if it means revealing your identity.  not too many Bitcoin businesses are making a profit at this moment.  and if it gets big, like i'm betting, if you're one of the last guys standing still in business your upside will be enormous.

I don't have a problem giving them my ID and proof of address as I did with Paxum. Paxum didn't get hacked and Mtgox got hacked. Who do you trust more? What happens if they get hacked again. Have you heard of Identity theft?
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 04:55:42 PM

istar is correct, you agree to his TOS when you created an account. He has the right to ask for these documents.
What terms of service?  MtGox doesn't have published terms of service.

In the absence of published terms of service, Mt. Gox is bound by their advertising, i.e.their web site. Which does not mention withdrawal limts..
incraft3817 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 04:56:56 PM

Hi,

Account Name:

Thanks,
Mark

thats the exact documentation they asked of me when i wanted to withdrawal more than the daily $1000 limit.  that was 2 mo ago though.

Yes, but I'm not withdrawl more than 1000 limit.
incraft3817 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:01:22 PM

istar is correct, you agree to his TOS when you created an account. He has the right to ask for these documents.
What terms of service?  MtGox doesn't have published terms of service.

In the absence of published terms of service, Mt. Gox is bound by their advertising, i.e.their web site. Which does not mention withdrawal limts..

Yes, seriously! Put something up like "We are required to obtain ID/Proof of address if your account have heavy volume" or We are required to obtain ID/Proof of address if you want to register an account with us" Something to warn their customers before, not after the customers already deposit money or btc into their account. It's like seeing an ad in the newspaper for a lcd tv for 300 bucks retailed 800 bucks and when you get to the store, they tell you we don't have it available but you can purchase this other lcd tv for 800 bucks.
randomguy7

Activity: 527

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:01:34 PM

istar is correct, ou agree to his TOS when you created an account. He has the right to ask for these documents.

Which tos? I don't see any links to any tos on mtgox.com. What sucks isn't that mtgox requires the documents (assuming this hole story is true), it is that nobody knows about that when signing up. You sign up, deposit funds and later get your account blocked receiving an E-Mail basically saying 'oh btw if you want to access your funds, we need your id n stuff now'. Again, assuming this story is true (I don't have a clue if it is).
incraft3817 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:03:31 PM

Which tos? I don't see any links to any tos on mtgox.com. What sucks isn't that mtgox requires the documents (assuming this hole story is true), it is that nobody knows about that when signing up. You sign up, deposit funds and later get your account blocked receiving an E-Mail basically saying 'oh btw if you want to access your funds, we need your id n stuff now'. Again, assuming this story is true (I don't have a clue if it is).

I have proof! Do you guys want to see it?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 05:07:28 PM

I don't have a problem giving them my ID and proof of address as I did with Paxum. Paxum didn't get hacked and Mtgox got hacked. Who do you trust more? What happens if they get hacked again. Have you heard of Identity theft?

i clearly trust mtgox more.  i've moved way more money thru them than you i assure you and never had a problem.  the hack has made him stronger and what i see now in terms of security is much better than before.  he also has history; of being a strong supporter of the bit coin concept from the beginning as well as being charitable in helping out others in the community.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 05:10:07 PM

i clearly trust mtgox more.  i've moved way more money thru them than you i assure you and never had a problem.  the hack has made him stronger and what i see now in terms of security is much better than before.  he also has history; of being a strong supporter of the bit coin concept from the beginning as well as being charitable in helping out others in the community.

I agree with this, Mark and his team have personally gone out of their way to accomodate me.
His security is tighter than ever, and I have moved more than 60k thru my accounts just in the past month.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: