Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can blockchain improve our environment?  (Read 244 times)
Amanda Green

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:17:22 PM

I truly believe that blockchain technologies are able to be implemented in a lot of different fields. Moreover, cryptocurrency allows supporting new projects. I am connected to the insurance business and right now it could be dramatically changed - I found a really good ICO - Socratus.  It is an insurance ecosystem which provides a digital platform with instant claim payment products for insurance companies, so any insurance company can connect the platform to become the part of Insurance Digital Ecosystem. In my opinion, it is good that they work with different kinds of insurances such as property, flight delay, cyber insurance and the core aim of the project is to help insurance companies to save their money and get their business on a new level. Like, they can help the insurance company to lower expenses from 15% to 25% on claims handling and operational expenses. Moreover, they powered by Smart-contracts & Socratus Oracles. It means that there is no more solo human decisions to pay or not to pay, no more lingering manual claims handling procedures. I think this is really cool and it seems like an innovative and demanded project.
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:11:48 PM

I consider blockchain to be one of the elements of democracy. In today's world, the authorities can hide from the residents truthful information about the chemical composition of air or water. If the sensors of contamination was included in the system of the blockchain with encrypted keys,the lies would become impossible.
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:22:40 AM

There will nothing perfect in this world, including this blockchain technology even as the most advanced technology at the moment and certainly our environment can be improved by this technology but other thing still a challenge to be improve such as electricity.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
Standard Kepler

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:55:22 AM

Definitely. Although at the moment there is not any significant project introducing the protection of environment, but I think the tech like logistic tracking system is a similar one. The government can check regularly on the polluted area, trace back to which factory might be producing very heavy or unnecessary pollution.
ssteinb86

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:04:08 AM

I've came across a bunch of eco-friendly startups recently which is, actually, pretty awesome. This should be a new trend.
livingfree

Activity: 2800
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:47:50 AM

Technology has been giving the environment pollution through the use of energy, consuming that much is the most source of it.

I can't connect how can blockchain would help the environment but somehow OP is correct, it has improved our lives so there's must be a way to return that it can also improve our environment.

The only thing that I can think of as a return to the good effect that it gave to us, we have to support environmental rights group and help them with their advocacy.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Jerick01311

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:15:11 AM

Our environment are getting worse everyday, by air pollution, water pollution, global warming, not enough of disposal landfill, more endanger species. Blockchain improved many of our life, can it also help with these problem?
Yes . Many Projects Created For Our Natures Now . To Monitored Many Waste Problem Because Waste Is The 1st Problem Of many Country
 BLOCKCHAIN can Monitored To many Solution of Air ,Water , Global Warming and Many More.  I Think We need to wait More So Solve It many Problem Only Use is Blockchain Technology 😁😁
Kallisteiros
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:40:14 AM

The blockchain (bitcoin) has actually harmed the environment by using mass amounts of energy.  :/
Not blockchain, Proof of Work. Emerging Proof of Stake blockchains have the potential to resolve this issue very soon.

And you know what, you can say the same about computers, that they have harmed the environment by using mass amounts of energy. Let's just switch them all off. And go back to riding horses, while we're at it, and dismantle all hospital equipment. You have to compare the amount of harm to the amount of help first, not to 0.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:45:55 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 11:28:09 PM by Ucy

You could create your own token and pay people with it to get you biodegradable and nondegradable materials like plastic to your small scale factory.
Finished products from the factory can be sold around your County or internationally. You could make buyers buy the products with the token or simply make paying with it an alternative. You could get people use the token more by reducing the prices of products purchased with the token.

Of course , you need to be passionate and skilled in the field with a plan to develop and expand/grow the company in future. You could even have an open sourced cyber platform/Blockchain for the company.

The company should be as transparent as possible with Webcams positioned around important parts of the factory and can be accessed anywhere in the world. You financial records (Blockchain-based) should be transparent as well.

You could pay your workers with the token and get investors to buy some token in order to help you expand company or something.
soros008

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:31:23 AM

Our environment are getting worse everyday, by air pollution, water pollution, global warming, not enough of disposal landfill, more endanger species. Blockchain improved many of our life, can it also help with these problem?

Yeah blockchain can help make people become rich and you know when everybody has excess money - more than there lifetime needs. then everyone will come together and solve all these problems... A very simple example could be using blockchain based peer to peer funding by a ngo
2342q6tegw

Activity: 174
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:32:10 AM

You could create your own token and pay people with it to get you biodegradable and nondegradable materials like plastic to your small scale factory.
Finished products from the factory can be sold around your County or internationally. You could make buyers buy the products with the token or simply make paying with it an alternative. You could get people use the token more by reducing the prices of products purchased with the token.

Of course , you need to be passionate and skilled in the field with a plan to develop and expand/grow the company in future. You could even have an open sourced cyber platform/Blockchain for the company.

The company should be as transparent as possible with Webcams positioned around important parts of the factory and can be accessed anywhere in the world. You financial records (Blockchain-based) should be transparent as well.

You could pay your workers with the token and get investors to buy some token in order to help you expand company or something.

Similar to a project I posted about, albeit different environmental issues. We are not quite there yet,but there is work is ongoing. It's just a matter of time and money (more money,less time or more time less money)
Hypoluxy

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 05:16:40 PM

I think switching from PoW to PoS coins/projects is a good start. Maybe there will be a way for blockchain to regulate our carbon footprint someday.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: