Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US President Trump and North Korea leader Kim Jong Un sign document  (Read 298 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:42:30 AM

US President Donald Trump and NK leader Kim Jong Un have just signed an unspecified document at the completion of a summit between the two countries in Singapore.

What are the implications of this summit? Will this lead to the end of a war that has technically been ongoing for more than 6 decades? Will this lead to verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea?

Also, although not directly related to the summit, how will this affect the situation with/in Iran?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jane Moore

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:16:43 AM

This is a good sign for a long lasting peace in Korean Peninsula. I hope it will continue to the goal they want. And maybe the unification of two Korea's just like in Germany.
However, now it is hard to make a prospection what influence this doc really have. Will hope that situation will be changed for the better.
yamatoo

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:35:01 AM

This is a good sign for a long lasting peace in Korean Peninsula. I hope it will continue to the goal they want. And maybe the unification of two Korea's just like in Germany.

It will be more difficult in my opinion. The mental and economic difference between Koreas is bigger than it was between Germans.
ETHenthusiast

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:21:02 PM

However, now it is hard to make a prospection what influence this doc really have. Will hope that situation will be changed for the better.

Let's hope for the best (I'm a perpetual optimist) but also stay realistic. NKorea so many times agreed to stop the nuclear program, and broke those agreements just as many times... So, realistically: what's the reason to believe that regime now vs. all the previous times? I mean, I do hope they will stop this craziness, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
As to Iran: they should be hopeful. If NKorea was able to trick trump into meeting them - Iran should be able to pull this off just as well!
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:02:48 PM

lil kim has agreed to give Trump their secret hair growth serum.

Look at kim's hair compared to Trumps.
azisjz4

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

https://okglobalcoinsg.com/

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 07:02:38 PM

What are the implications of this summit? Will this lead to the end of a war that has technically been ongoing for more than 6 decades? Will this lead to verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea?

I think the implications of this summit are the realization of peace on the Korean peninsula. With this summit, I think will end the war that occurred between south korea and north korea. As a result of the agreement between US President Donald Trump and NK leader Kim Jong Un, North Korea will conduct nuclear denuclearization and I believe it will come true..

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:05:40 PM

I think its quite simple - if kim wants to stay in power he will not give up nukes.

The US didnt invade in the last 60 years while NK had no nukes, now with nukes the US are even more likely to NOT invade NK.

Just another episode of game of thrones Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Lankabc

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:07:23 PM

I think China will get the advantage of this situation.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:23:59 PM

NK leader is a pussy, coward. Iran on the other hand will stay firm and will stand up against the tyrants. "Trump will make America great again. <sarcasm tag>"

🖤😏
Aaric

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:50:20 PM

Lets not forget Dennis Rodman's involvement in all of this. https://youtu.be/dAJLJRRJY3E?t=307
Khimmy28

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:49:12 AM

This summit shows that peace is achievable if there are willing parties that understands that war and destruction does no good to mankind, Iran will have to get ready for Trump's focus on them now.
Risoruni

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:25:29 AM

The signed document only talks about a "movement towards" a nuclear-free status, and the entire Korean Peninsula and not only the DPRK. No time limit, no obligation to unilaterally disarm.
The legitimization of the regime is the main outcome of the summit for Kim.

icovo   

████ The World’s First ICO Platform Implementing DAICO  ████
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:51:46 AM

First and foremost it was a political move. It was meant to make Trump look unprecedentedly effective and peace-loving, and it was very successful in that. I was listening to callers on C-SPAN, and it seemed that about 95% of Republicans and 75% of Democrats loved it. It'll help Trump and the Republicans for a long time.

Whether something actually comes of it depends on how serious both sides are going forward. Kim is young, and it is remotely possible that he could've actually been convinced by Trump and his team to undergo a major shift. I'm not sure that it's likely, but it seems possible that Kim has long actually felt trapped in his role, and Trump is offering an attractive way out that he's never seen before. Trump seems to think that this is the case, and if it is, then IMO Trump's actions (even that corny trailer video) could've been very convincing to Kim.

Kim is in a difficult situation. If he gives up his nuclear weapons, then he's quite likely to be Libya'd. (Is he wise enough to know this, though?) But if North Korea continues on its present course, then internal conditions will continue to deteriorate until there is an uprising, or until war breaks out between NK and the US. Despite being Supreme Leader, there are probably also internal political issues preventing him from acting with complete freedom.

Probably, Kim is not really interested in change, and he'll basically just ignore this. Then it depends on whether Trump wants to pursue this issue hard going forward. If Trump makes it his #1 issue, perhaps progress could be made even despite NK resistance.

Most likely, both sides will be content to let it die, perhaps doing several more meaningless agreements in order to make it not look like a failure.

Despite my skepticism, I can't fault Trump on this. The meeting is a small but meaningful improvement in relations; far more than any neocon would do. (For this reason, I suspect that it was mostly set up by Tillerson before he was replaced...)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:49:14 AM

The document itself is little different than previous agreements that NK has participated to in the past. The difference this time is that in the past, the US was willing to essentially give money and sanctions relief what was basically up front, which is not the case now. In this agreement, the US agreed to stop military exercises with South Korea (which were little more than a show of force to NK), and security guarantees that last as long as good faith negotiation continues. There was also the threat of military action on the part of the US, and Trump seems to be willing to use military action against NK if necessary, which I don't think was the case with previous administrations, certainly not the Obama administration.   

It will be more difficult in my opinion. The mental and economic difference between Koreas is bigger than it was between Germans.
Germany being reunified was the result of the USSR collapsing (in essence). I don't think the NK government will fall, at least not without the help of a foreign (to NK) government as NK has too much control over their people. Although like the USSR, NK appears to be rapidly running out of money.

I think its quite simple - if kim wants to stay in power he will not give up nukes.
I don't think it is that simple. The Trump administration, in conjunction with the UN, have placed strong sanctions against NK, making it difficult for NK to fund its operations. There are various rumors as to how much money NK has left, but the general consensus is that it is not very much, and they are having more and more difficulty selling what little exports they have.

Kim is in a difficult situation. If he gives up his nuclear weapons, then he's quite likely to be Libya'd.
Kim was given some security guarantees by the US, and the US needs to keep this agreement if it wants to have any chance of reaching a deal with Iran. If the US reneges on security guarantees, the chances of war breaking out with Iran go way up, and if Iran does successfully develop a nuke, they could potentially sell it to a terrorist organization (or potentially even the underlying technology to a terrorist organization), which would be good for no one.

Probably, Kim is not really interested in change, and he'll basically just ignore this.
In the past NK was able to renege on stopping their nuke program because they were given nearly everything up front, and has little to gain by keeping their end of the deal. There is also the issue of money and sanctions as the Trump sanctions against NK have reportedly been particularly effective and there have been reports that NK is low on money.

I suspect that it was mostly set up by Tillerson before he was replaced...)
Pompeo visited NK when he was still the head of the CIA, and Tillerson was fired very shortly after this visit. I suspect that Pompeo got the process started as the head of the CIA, possibly as a result of intelligence the CIA had on NK, and he was effectively acting as secretary of state while he was waiting to be confirmed on the NK issue.
alizay

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:41:49 PM

I don't like president trump at all I think he's a bafoon, but this was actually the first thing I will give him praise for (if it is not just a political stunt) if he gets that loon to stop threatening nuclear war to the US that would be pretty great Smiley But everything else he has done up to this point has been complete mockery.....

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
BitJones1

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:12:18 AM

I think that North Korea now is really fucked up so it has decided to have good relations with the West. Still N Korean leader has western education so he isn't a stupid ruler of zombie. Maybe it will lead to the reunion of Korea maybe not. But I am sure that the current actions of Kim are forced to do
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:20:29 AM

and if Iran does successfully develop a nuke, they could potentially sell it to a terrorist organization (or potentially even the underlying technology to a terrorist organization), which would be good for no one.

Looks like you are also a sheep. you like your masters in the west believe Iran to be a terrorism supporter, potentially my ass, we are already trying to get our hands on as many nukes as we can after Trump broke the deal, it shows that US can't be trusted and should not be trusted. fooled us once but this time shame on them. just let us wait and see what happens after we got our nukes ready and aimed at US's sweetheart Israel, let us see if they could continue bullying us or not. what is a problem for the whole world is the fact that a mad man like Trump has access to thousands of nukes and the rest of the world has no other choice than being a pussy in fear of getting nuked by this moron.

I like theymos more. at least he is not blind and deaf like the majority of people.

🖤😏
muhammad fauzan azima

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:29:54 PM

I think this is good news, to ease the tension between America and North Korea. I hope that this summit can make the relationship between America and North Korea better, and hopefully the conflict in the Korean peninsula will soon be over and North Korea will stop its nuclear program
jormo

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:04:14 PM

i think it is good america and north korea met but idk if now is the right time with our current president
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:41:29 AM

Standing on the outside looking in

I am not a US citizen

North Korea lost the war to the CIA in 1953, the CIA just did not tell anyone.

Trump was able to cease control of the CIA and blow up the nuclear base (This happened, NK mountain implodes)

Everything else was a show to ease the public into a peaceful solution with North Korea

Kim is a Manchurian candidate

I love his pudgy gaming face and body that adores basketball and obviously junk food
Knows nothing, does nothing, you only ever hear a newspaper speak

next the Manchurian candidate run Iranian dictatorship

I wonder of trump will explore the option of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine

Britain, Europe, Australia certainly did something nasty in this IG report

Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: