Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:43:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does it takes for a Token to rise the price after ICO?  (Read 682 times)
Oyali

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:45:37 PM

Sometimes starts ICOs under the ICO price, because the bonuses who are given during the private and presale phase of the ICO. I think that it can take average a few months that you see some profit from ICOs. If you are lucky and have bought ICOs like Quarkchain, then you can see the profit in a few days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:47:54 PM

depends purely on the token and the pumping teams that may or may not pick it up.
some tokens get dumped right after they are released and never go back up because even the team abandons them since they know how useless they are.
but sometimes the pumping teams show a lot of interest in some useless tokens and pick them up for pumping and also sometimes the teams behind these tokens are good pumpers themselves. so they may wait a little while (like a week or two) to let everyone dump their tokens before they start the pump.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:00:54 PM

According to John Mcafee cryptocurrency enthusiast he advise ico investors to hold at least 18 months for they see the fruit of thier investment. this is his tweet last may 2018 in his official twitter account "I have always said "ICOs are the best investment". But they are long term holds. You may appear to lose, even large amounts, in the short term. It does not matter. You will double your money, at the very least, if you hold for 18 months. But choose wisely." I think he meant in his post that ico investing is a long term hold and ico investors understand this fact before they invest in any ico. If you want quick money dont invest in ico project  because project growth is just getting started and we need to hold long term in order to get big profit for our investments.

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:40:17 PM

Pumping schemes like some hypes from popular persons, the team itself or some groups of P&D, buyback programs, news, hype and trend to the community and the launching of the product, how long does it take? it depends on the ICO if you are going to participate in different projects, the price increases are different and it is situational so no one can pinpoint how long does the token bring you to the moon or worse to the bottom of the ocean.
jjeeppeerrxx (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 38

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:06:48 PM

2 things that will happen whenever ICO hits exchange :
-The price will be lower from ICOs price
-The price will be higher from ICOs price

why it is lower from ICOs price ? it's because of bounty hunter and lacks of interest from investors,also the project itself can be considered as a fail project/scam.
why it is higher from ICOs price ? demand is very high and project offers us an extremely advanced technology/system(successful project).

conclusion,nobody knows about it when.
but as long as you are joining a 'right' project,the price will eventually reach its ICO price in the future even though its current price is 1/10 from its ICO.

Very well explained Sir, thank you for the clarification regarding my confusion because I saw a lot of people complaining on telegram from different ICO project and it confuses me because haven't tried selling the tokens I received from my bounty campaigns because the price are still very low compared to the Pre-sale price. Hopefully someday in the coming days the value will increase for me to start my journey as bounty hunter / crypto earner!
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:11:55 PM

Pumping schemes like some hypes from popular persons, the team itself or some groups of P&D, buyback programs, news, hype and trend to the community and the launching of the product, how long does it take? it depends on the ICO if you are going to participate in different projects, the price increases are different and it is situational so no one can pinpoint how long does the token bring you to the moon or worse to the bottom of the ocean.
Basically it doesn't measure by time because of its volatility, its journey in market is always unpredictable and no one can exactly told how it will look like after a long time of holding, as for me I have already tried to hold 1-3 months but still all result is in different and sometimes it goes up far beyond ICO price and there are times also that it is stagnant on its lower value.

pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:37:20 PM

Was confused with this matter if how long it takes a token/coin to rise its value from ICO Price to a higher price?

Does it take 1 or 2 weeks, months or years after the ICO to reach higher price than the ICO price? 

I saw a lot of ICO's which already listed in an exchange sites but the price still very low and is lower than the ICO price, how could it be? People are investing in ICO but lost because the value after ICO in exchanges are lesser than they price where people are investing.
depends on roadmap and work of the team, no many ICO success in reaching hardcap right now, its really difficult to hit top exchange and rise its value, may be 3 month or more is all we have to wait
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:46:56 PM

It mostly depends on the project I have seen many tokens even though they have been only listed on etherdelta for a while they made 2x after ico.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

Most of tokens after displaying on a popular exchange is a decent pump . I always buy new tokens on the market . But also the team of that token must to announce good news like that token to be pumped more
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:56:36 PM

Very hard to say how long it takes until the price of a tokens goes up after ICO. I made the expirience that the most ICOs are getting dumped after they hitted an exchange. That's why I don't participate in ICOs anymore.
lilmoney

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:28:57 PM

It really depends on the starting price on the market and how it will be stable on that price.

As you know that people are dumping it after it gets listed on the market.
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:43:21 PM

we can not be sure when a token from ico can reach ico price. this may be achieved if the products they have can be as useful as they say in the whitepaper and also how great the marketing is done by the developer.

but the current market situation does not guarantee all of it, we see there are many products or updates that have been launched by a project or ico, but this can not affect and can not make good growth.
Alex077
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 06:15:25 PM

Was confused with this matter if how long it takes a token/coin to rise its value from ICO Price to a higher price?

Does it take 1 or 2 weeks, months or years after the ICO to reach higher price than the ICO price? 

I saw a lot of ICO's which already listed in an exchange sites but the price still very low and is lower than the ICO price, how could it be? People are investing in ICO but lost because the value after ICO in exchanges are lesser than they price where people are investing.
According to my observations, it must pass from 3 months to a year in order for the token to exceed the price of the ICO. This on condition that this is a normal and quality project. There are certain exceptions when the price immediately rises, but it's isolated case; usually, you need to wait.

KroFly

Activity: 243

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:11:59 AM

Demand and access to the exchange can increase the price of the token. If at the same time the price that falls even worse, then you can forget about this project. Otherwise, hold the token for up to six months and watch the dynamics of development.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
iryboy

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:36:38 AM

It all depends on the project of the token/coin if the project has a good team with a clear roadmap and on track then hardly it takes too much for the price to increase.

Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:05:35 AM

A good project always take about 6 month to 1.year before come to above icos price and have some opportunities to sell then.  However be careful as many people have been scam in icos. Many people have make a lot of money from investing in icos also and the best thing to is to study the project very well before investing.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:12:32 AM

The answer is that it varies. If a coin has high demand and the ICO hits hard cap, then it can rise when it hits the exchanges as demand is high. Equally if demand is low, then prices can be low.
There are many factors to consider, including whether the market as a whole is green or red. I think looking at demand during the ICO is important, but also important are things like ICO bonuses - if a coin offers a high bonus, say 50% extra tokens for buying early, then that can cause a lot of sell orders as it's almost guaranteed profit for the early investors.

TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:53:18 AM

Your question is like asking whether bitcoin will be higher or lower in one weeks time. You may have a sense of what it could be but you don't know for sure.

A reason why tokens fall in value post ICO is some people may be selling straight away after receiving a promotional airdrop or bounty. Rather than keeping the token because they've invested in the ICO, people might sell it straight away because it didn't need much effort to get (happens with telegram airdrops quite a bit). This is usually just a short term issue.

A reason why tokens increase is positive announcements post ICO, often related to getting on a reputable exchange or hitting milestones, getting into partnerships and so on.

Also timing can be a factor - if bitcoin value is going down you can bet most altcoins will follow suit.
Gizaza

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:08:17 PM

If you will invest to the best ICOs the price will increase with listing on exchanges. The interesting thing that guys from CryptoGeneration team recommended to buy Quarckchain and Seele that gained more than x8 ….. and I missed it(((   Sad
https://discord.gg/hP7KEy7
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 07:14:59 PM

number one thing is you can expect the token prize to rise immediately after the ico considering the fact that the project might no be a success and bounty hunters on the order hand might wish to dump the token at lower rate.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: