Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get rid of emotions when trading  (Read 3872 times)
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:57:35 PM

I think that with the just spirit strong will control your emotions when trading. But very few people can do it. It took me a lot of time to control my emotions

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
etron

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:09:11 PM

every person is sure to be emotion when looking at the market decline, all I have to do is survive and be patient and schedule checklists, and the method I use in trading is a short-term investment within one week's time range because the price every single week will always experience change up and down.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:23:13 PM

The simple answer to this is you can't. Don't try to avoid this problem instead try to simplify things so you can understand what is causing this greed or what every feeling you have. You are getting greedy because you are planning for your future so stop thinking about the future and try to stay at present on what you are doing. It will also help you to make sharp decisions.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:03:45 PM

You do not need to get rid of emotions, emotions need to be controlled so that they are not expressed in actions. To do this, you need to have self-control, this is a quality of character that most people can not control. Accordingly, the ability to own oneself shows the result in the crypto currency market.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:43:39 PM

Even with preparations you can't get rid of your emotions your anhuman being you can still worried from your own money. But if your with silver spoon i think even investing millions you can't even feel it because you don't work hard for it. Well after all it depends if you worked for it or not.
Definitely when a person have invested or traded his money somewhere, he is worried about it. This is natural and you can’t just deny this fact. If I would be at your place, surely I would be worried too because my hard earned money is on stake. So better is to live with this feeling that you can’t just ignore this emotion thing but you have tendency to control it as much as you can.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:20:31 AM

Most newbies may actually find it pretty hard to comprehend all the things you have said, but they are sure good points. The best way for me is just to learn and practice with nothing much or no real life money involved. Trading is not something that can be rushed into as you keep learning every day and if you make any silly mistake not knowing what to do, emotion starts kicking in but learning and practicing will give you that confidence in the long time.

Emotions are always known for misguiding us to deviate from our actual plans and decisions, when we will be having strong will and strictly following what we had planned up in non-market hours or when not trading then we can easily get rid off emotional failures. It might sound hard for beginners but easily achievable over experience.
ufalo3

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:12:05 PM

to get rid of emotions in the trade, one solution is to keep the feelings, we should not be too carried away feeling in any case especially in trade, we should be able to think cold and be patient, because that makes the emotion culminating in the trade is when the price goes down and we are afraid to lose , when this is usually someone can not stem their feelings and emotions.

First of all, trading is the business for the people that are not touchy and emotional. However, if you started to trade, just try to think positively.
Anandhi

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:15:28 PM

to get rid of emotions in the trade, one solution is to keep the feelings, we should not be too carried away feeling in any case especially in trade, we should be able to think cold and be patient, because that makes the emotion culminating in the trade is when the price goes down and we are afraid to lose , when this is usually someone can not stem their feelings and emotions.

First of all, trading is the business for the people that are not touchy and emotional. However, if you started to trade, just try to think positively.

If a person can not control his emotion, it is advesible to do long term trading. It is by hold the coins as long as possible and leave the trading stuffs to avoid panic.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:29:13 PM

Our brain is hardwired to go into a fight or flight mode under stress, resulting in emotional responses like greed (taking too large risks), anger, fear (panic-closing) or fear of missing out. While this is a good thing when fighting lions in the savannah, it is a horrible thing when trading, and you need to make smart decisions and keep to your plan to keep making profits.
This topic will focus on how to get rid of emotions while trading, or at least make the best decisions which are not based on emotional responses of our ape brain. So how can we achieve that?

1 with good preparation
2 with checklists
3 with process orientation
4 with active emotional detachment

Good preparation:
If you watch a Football game or a Boxing match usually the team or player wins that has done the better preparation. The same goes with trading. Accumulate knowledge about the subjects of trading as much as possible. Start with small amounts and small leverages until you really know what you are doing. Be consistent, create good habits early on and keep them up. Make sure that you are mentally fit, live healthy, eat well, sleep enough and regularly, and exercise enough. Have a schedule. Track your preparation, track your results and analyse them. What were mistakes you could avoid in the future?

Checklists:
When things go down and away, it is always good to have a checklist. For example: surgeons usually have checklists that prevent them to go off the rails while performing a complicated procedure. Their checklists makes it absolutely clear in which order they need to perform what step, which frees up mental brain power for the actual process. So from your past make checklists what made your trades profitable and focus on those kind of trades that have done well in your past.

Process Orientation:
With the checklist, we should be able to make good trades more often than not. All we need to do now is focus our metal brain power on the process and not on the outcome. As we have built enough expertise and a checklist that we follow, we focus on rules and our discipline, not on the outcome of a single trade, because as we all know one trade can always be good or bad, independent of how well it was thought out.

Active emotional detachment:
There is something called Tilt in Poker. Some players will actively try to insult players after bad beats to make the go tilt, or "emotional". This will result in very bad decision making. Maybe you remember Zinedine Zidane in his very last World Cup Game, head butting the italian player and getting sent of the pitch with a red card. The worst possible outcome. TILT.
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

How are you dealing with your emotions? Anything to add or to take away from this?
It is normal to get upset from losses but in some cases, it could be bad for your health. If a person is too emotional and he overthink about it, it can lead to serious mental illness so it is better for a person to be prepared for losses because it is normal. The best way for me is to not lose,how? Just be good at it and better than the others, it may hurt sometimes but failure makes you even better.
mrclark

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:11:46 PM

One solution is to keep the feelings. It is by hold the coins as long as possible. When this is usually someone can not stem their feelings and emotions. You started to trade just try to think positively. Trading is not something that can be rushed into as you keep learning every day. I would be worried too because my hard earned money is on stake. We are getting greedy because you are planning for your future so stop thinking about the future. Well after all it depends if you worked for it. You will feel much better and experience less. If a trader already has experience of his activity.
cryptobluemoon

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:30:17 PM

this is well-written article i really liked all the points mentioned here we should utmost patience while trading bitcoin and altcoin trading and follow the rules given thank u for sharing ur views
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:32:17 PM

Emotional trading can blow up your account so you must get your emotions under control.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:10:53 AM

A good way is to use a small amount that you do not mind and you can afford to lose it and for you it will not be catastrophic. and then you will feel much better and experience less.
Unless you are awfully rich this is not a good strategy to implement after all if you want to earn profits that can change your life then you need to invest an amount of money that is meaningful to you and that can only be done by investing most of your capital in cryptocurrencies, which means you need to find a way to deal with your emotions or you will surely lose money when you lose control of them.
muratdur

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:37:36 PM

I can say from my own experience that it is almost impossible to do because you are trading your own money that you have earned with hard work you just cannot be calm in this moment.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:05:07 PM

Even with preparations you can't get rid of your emotions your anhuman being you can still worried from your own money. But if your with silver spoon i think even investing millions you can't even feel it because you don't work hard for it. Well after all it depends if you worked for it or not.

I have invented a way to get rid of emotions, simply you can became a robot, lol. Because otherwise I never cannot do that. I even drink some seductive sometimes in order to be more Pacific.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:46:08 AM

Emotional trading can blow up your account so you must get your emotions under control.
That is something natural, and one cannot get control over his emotion so easily, may be it can only be possible if you will spend some time in market. If you are new and do not know too much about the nature of the market, you will remain as careless and will never try to control your emotion, but with the passage of time you may be able to control your emotions.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:14:48 AM

In theory we should proceed in a rational way, and not be overwhelmed by emotions, using strategies that minimize losses and maximize earnings.
In practice, especially now, panic is always lurking.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:20:37 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 09:35:56 AM by crazycatwoman03

That is something natural, and one cannot get control over his emotion so easily, may be it can only be possible if you will spend some time in market. If you are new and do not know too much about the nature of the market, you will remain as careless and will never try to control your emotion, but with the passage of time you may be able to control your emotions.
That is a common problem in here, having newbies who don't know much about cryptos. Some of they think that earning cryptos is literally easy that is why when dump happens, they are the ones who get terrified the most. For me, we can't get rid of the emotions that we get when we are doing trading but we can learn how to control it. When one is planning to do trading, he must keep in mind that emotions play a big role in making decisions. We will use analysis and of course experience when we trade but our emotions can get kind of mixed up.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:46:41 AM

you better when trading more can keep the emotions you have and better you can control your patience to be able to generate profits very much.
Rollkal

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:06:47 AM

You should use the free funds to trade, do not bring all your assets into the transaction, so when the market drops as you are now worry and do not master yourself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: