Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get rid of emotions when trading  (Read 3867 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 04:53:51 AM

I believe that one can definitely trade without emotions as far as he has some backup plan for his daily routine. Therefore it is recommended again and again not to invest more than the loss-bearing capacity of the investor. Psychologically one must be able to stay disconnected from the affection towards the capital while trading and take the higher risks. Experience of trading would give the ability to deal with multiple situations even in the worst case scenario.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:28:33 AM

Emotional trading can blow up your account so you must get your emotions under control.
That is something natural, and one cannot get control over his emotion so easily, may be it can only be possible if you will spend some time in market. If you are new and do not know too much about the nature of the market, you will remain as careless and will never try to control your emotion, but with the passage of time you may be able to control your emotions.
When you have invested something important to you in bitcoin or in any other coin, that would be costing you must emotional blackmailing and sensitiveness. But make sure you have strong mind with you. This feeling can either make you a winner or just shit you up. So don’t let it destroy you. This can be of great importance and concern to keep focused on this as it would be helping you much.
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:46:44 PM

in fact it is very difficult because when trading fear, anxiety, worry all become one and I am very aware that everyone will surely feel the same, until now all I can do when experiencing like that is just confidence and stay calm.
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:12:33 PM

Emotions start bubbling when an unforeseen situation arises. To avoid emotions affecting the outcome of a trade, one must prepare very well for trading, think through all possible situations, think through actions when they fall or grow. In this case, emotions will sleep.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:52:58 PM

In theory we should proceed in a rational way, and not be overwhelmed by emotions, using strategies that minimize losses and maximize earnings.
In practice, especially now, panic is always lurking.
Trading seems deceptively easy when you think about it but it is not, people think they are going to be able to remain cool when they lose money and a quick look in the forum will tell you that people are anything but cool about losing their money in the current bear market, this makes them lose more money than they should, and where all that money goes? To exchanges, experimented traders and whales.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:30:16 PM

For me it's just impossible, maybe I can just cut a small amount of my negative feeling, but not more...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
LuciferEveningStar

Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:24:42 AM

I think it just requires experience, sadly a lot of people learnt how to hodl exactly before the crash, hopefully the market will turn again.

There is no way for you to get rid of your emotions, every trader who see's their coin that is melting its price will be feeling hurt and that is when the dumping of market prices started.
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 556

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:59:07 PM

If you are day trader,then you are forced to sell with minimum profit at end of the day.Now a days,day trading is not working in good manner.If the price is increased once in a day,you can sell with some profit.But,now the price of bitcoin is stable one.It's better to trade for the long term profit.If you want to control your emotion in trading,you should inverse independent money which is not required for your life support.
baus

Activity: 203

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:25:31 PM

with a good preparation and some knowledeg about how the market is going on, and of course, to listen to some good music that distracts you
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:32:07 PM

It's really hard to get rid of these things in trading. I, was once a victim of my own emotions in trading. It's so hard to fight back against it. But try to step by step lessen those things. That should help it.

Being emotional as one gets involved in trading is normal. But allowing such emotion to take over the decision-making is destructive. Hence, one has to think wisely to minimize getting too emotional negatively. Experience and learning in trade have a huge role on this.
Experience is indeed the thing would able to help us to get rid on being too emotional when we do make trades or investments. I would say its just normal for us to feel this way since we are just humans and emotional on any possible situation that we would faced up but if this thing already involves and coming to a point where it is the cause of such bad decisions or actions then its not good anymore. Experience and enough knowledge on things you are engage on will surely able to control it later on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
LadyK

Activity: 227

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:41:19 PM

I always know my emotion will affect my decision, so I'm very wary when I'm trading. Sometime it work, I kept my mind, stop buy or sell. But sometime I lose my control, and lead to the wrong decision. So now I have a list, there I write some own rule, when I'm felling lost.
zelda131292

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:44:36 PM

if you cant get rid of emotions, then the best thing that you can do is just to stop trading for your own safety, that is the best thing

In bitcoin we trust!
denisaardelean

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:26:48 PM

As a human being you have emotions. You can not get ride of that. But you have to give accuracy what you are going to trade. Research market in your own mind. Don't take younger advice. Think you will be succeed.
I think getting rid of emotions out of the deal is entirely possible if you can obey and follow the plan that you set out to do. You can see that greed and fear are always the two biggest barriers to your success. So you need to have a clear business plan and always follow it in a discipline that you can succeed without feeling anxious.
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:39:52 PM

in fact it is very difficult because when trading fear, anxiety, worry all become one and I am very aware that everyone will surely feel the same, until now all I can do when experiencing like that is just confidence and stay calm.
That's great, other ways to keep away from that is not to take it seriously. It is better not to check everyday when market are down cause it surely give us stress and can create depression which could lead from losing our mind. We are just human and we can feel like that that's why its hardly to control, but we can try it.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:46:30 AM

Emotions is being right there always, we cannot skip it or disregard but we are humans and more powerful on this. You don't need to turn your intentions into other matters because it will not going to solve your problem with emotions when you are in trading instead adjust it slowly as you can.
how to get rid of emotions? do not think that you should always be positive in everything and imagine that you can and just trust yourself that you can overcome it
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:24:47 AM

At the end of the day no one is going to get rid of emotions entirely. Its mostly about controlling them. Best way is to have a strategy and follow it.

Exactly, no matter how professional you work as a trader, there will be always those times when you will lose hope because the market price is dumping very hard and the only thing you can do is to hold your coins to avoid losing more of your investments.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:24:02 AM

At the end of the day no one is going to get rid of emotions entirely. Its mostly about controlling them. Best way is to have a strategy and follow it.

Exactly, no matter how professional you work as a trader, there will be always those times when you will lose hope because the market price is dumping very hard and the only thing you can do is to hold your coins to avoid losing more of your investments.

Well since it's given that emotions will always be in play whethet we like it or not, it's how you deal with it that matters. Avoid doing things that could trigger an emotion-based decision, like constantly checking the market and your assets. Do other things when the market is down. These actually are things you should've expected and prepared for even before buying your first btc and alt

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
lavishlifing

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:17:10 AM

1 with good preparation

Out of all this stands out, so first analyze the market and set an entry point and sell point, be disciplined, set an buy/sell order ahead and turn on the alarm, leave the chart only view again if the alarm is triggered. to avoid emotional interference etc.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:23:06 AM

Well since it's given that emotions will always be in play whethet we like it or not, it's how you deal with it that matters. Avoid doing things that could trigger an emotion-based decision, like constantly checking the market and your assets. Do other things when the market is down. These actually are things you should've expected and prepared for even before buying your first btc and alt
True instead of stressing yourself for what you see in the market that are stressful to see for better to relax yourself so you can be able to get rid on it.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

kominfo.id

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:42:52 AM

to be able to get rid of emotions when trading should you do not see the chat in the exchange and you should control your emotions and your patience because I'm sure the emotions coming from your own panic easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: