Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:14:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get rid of emotions when trading  (Read 3868 times)
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:34:02 PM

At the end of the day no one is going to get rid of emotions entirely. Its mostly about controlling them. Best way is to have a strategy and follow it.

Exactly, no matter how professional you work as a trader, there will be always those times when you will lose hope because the market price is dumping very hard and the only thing you can do is to hold your coins to avoid losing more of your investments.

Well, not that, if you are a trader you wouldn't be holding coins when the market is dumping because you would always have stop losses to prevent that. It's mostly about not following your strategy and forcing trades.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:45:42 PM

in fact it is very difficult because when trading fear, anxiety, worry all become one and I am very aware that everyone will surely feel the same, until now all I can do when experiencing like that is just confidence and stay calm.
Yeah being emotional is out of control but if we want to earn good money in trading we will have to take command on our feeling, it is not only emotions but we will have to control our stress as well, some people gets to stress at falling price so they make wrong decision of selling panic, some get too emotional watching it getting high so they intent to sell early so they lose the chance to huge profit,  think if we will stop looking at the market day and night so we can avoid a lot of lose in life.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:51:48 PM

I think you can only keep your emotions out of trading by first, playing with amount you can afford to lose and mentally prepare yourself that it is already gone. Second, you need to be confident about your skills of trading and analysis. If you don't believe in your trading skills you are most likely to get panic and effected by FUD. Trade only if you know what are upto. Rookie trade is the worst trade and only such people put emotions in trade.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:49:54 PM

one way to get rid of emotions when trading is you must know the risks of trading it can be a loss so when you experience it you will not emotion. and most importantly you should be able to prevent losses to avoid emotion, patience is the key to success.
Being emotional is quite natural at high lose and high profit at any business, but I think we should learn not to react after being emotional, in crypto currency trading you will have to have a sharp mind and hard heart, so hold at time of dip and sell at high, but never think about panic selling when it falls and never sell at first pump being greedy and emotional, wait until you get your target price of at least 50% of profit for trading.
cpkozak

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:19:27 PM

This is very difficult but it is very simple with good traders. When you have more knowledge in the market, then you will be confident and you can completely remove emotions when trading. To eliminate emotions, only knowledge can do this.
Hold good

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:31:17 PM

This is very difficult but it is very simple with good traders. When you have more knowledge in the market, then you will be confident and you can completely remove emotions when trading. To eliminate emotions, only knowledge can do this.
I agree with what you are saying. When I get knowledge, then I have more confidence in trading. have the knowledge plus the confidence i think i will fight in this market.
veejay2716

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:33:10 PM

To get rid of emotions when you are in trading, be ready for yourself whatever loss will happen, target the price you want to get in through, more learnings on the project you want to trading in.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:26:01 AM

if you can focus on data and logic, you can put emotions out of the equation
though you need to understand that your data and logic may mislead you to a wrong decision
and then you need to accept the consequences without involving emotions (again)
it's not an easy thing to do because we human are emotion based creature
unlike a machine (trading bot) which carries out task just by doing math and logic Tongue

Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:50:58 AM

To get rid of emotions when you are in trading, be ready for yourself whatever loss will happen, target the price you want to get in through, more learnings on the project you want to trading in.

We can't totally control such emotions cause we are humans unlike robots. The only thing we could do with that is to try and learn to be strong in times of crisis happen. And it is better to enjoy our self doing other stuffs and forget crypto for awhile to lessen stress coming from looking market trend continuously dropping. 
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:02:51 AM

We can't totally control such emotions cause we are humans unlike robots. The only thing we could do with that is to try and learn to be strong in times of crisis happen. And it is better to enjoy our self doing other stuffs and forget crypto for awhile to lessen stress coming from looking market trend continuously dropping.  

We can control our emotions we are the one who can do it, don't limit your mind in your beliefs because you can do more.  Emotions are always there in our mind what is need is practice who it can be controlled in much better handling for example our patient and temper. In trading emotions are the enemy of our skills.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Renegadegate

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:14:16 PM

Controlling emotions is usually seen as next to impossible, but in reality you CAN take control, although it is by no means easy and takes a lot o time to master.
One of the best ways to start off is to learn not to get your emotions involved in ANY aspect of your life and first of all try not to react in any way even when something good happens. Having mastered that, it will be way easier to keep calm with some negative events... This is like a general idea Wink Works for me!
Easteregg69

Activity: 1447
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:16:54 PM

Learn by your mistakes. Get mad if someone cheats you!

That way you will still be able to smile when they catch fire.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
LizZavet

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:51:44 PM

You need to try control you emotional. But it doesn't mean that you need to turn off it totally. I think you must be positive emotional when you trade but you need to control some negative vibes.
rockyboy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:33:29 PM

Do not check your investment from time to time because we already knew how our investment goes at the moment
. I guess it wont help since all are down but instead get busy by joining in any bounty.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
htconem7

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:05:11 PM

Our brain is hardwired to go into a fight or flight mode under stress, resulting in emotional responses like greed (taking too large risks), anger, fear (panic-closing) or fear of missing out. While this is a good thing when fighting lions in the savannah, it is a horrible thing when trading, and you need to make smart decisions and keep to your plan to keep making profits.
This topic will focus on how to get rid of emotions while trading, or at least make the best decisions which are not based on emotional responses of our ape brain. So how can we achieve that?

1 with good preparation
2 with checklists
3 with process orientation
4 with active emotional detachment

Good preparation:
If you watch a Football game or a Boxing match usually the team or player wins that has done the better preparation. The same goes with trading. Accumulate knowledge about the subjects of trading as much as possible. Start with small amounts and small leverages until you really know what you are doing. Be consistent, create good habits early on and keep them up. Make sure that you are mentally fit, live healthy, eat well, sleep enough and regularly, and exercise enough. Have a schedule. Track your preparation, track your results and analyse them. What were mistakes you could avoid in the future?

Checklists:
When things go down and away, it is always good to have a checklist. For example: surgeons usually have checklists that prevent them to go off the rails while performing a complicated procedure. Their checklists makes it absolutely clear in which order they need to perform what step, which frees up mental brain power for the actual process. So from your past make checklists what made your trades profitable and focus on those kind of trades that have done well in your past.

Process Orientation:
With the checklist, we should be able to make good trades more often than not. All we need to do now is focus our metal brain power on the process and not on the outcome. As we have built enough expertise and a checklist that we follow, we focus on rules and our discipline, not on the outcome of a single trade, because as we all know one trade can always be good or bad, independent of how well it was thought out.

Active emotional detachment:
There is something called Tilt in Poker. Some players will actively try to insult players after bad beats to make the go tilt, or "emotional". This will result in very bad decision making. Maybe you remember Zinedine Zidane in his very last World Cup Game, head butting the italian player and getting sent of the pitch with a red card. The worst possible outcome. TILT.
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

How are you dealing with your emotions? Anything to add or to take away from this?
I think getting rid of emotions when trading is very difficult and you have to practice it often and for a long time. The market is constantly fluctuating and feeling fear always makes you unable to succeed in the transaction.

I think the best solution is to analyze it carefully and to come up with a specific plan and to comply with it so that you can minimize the risk and get the profit you want. You also have Stoploss in your plan.
devale

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:16:40 PM

I always try to focus and do something different whenever I experience a bad mood and feel like I am in tilt mode. Meeting my friends, eating some snacks usually make good sense .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:00:09 AM

At the end of the day no one is going to get rid of emotions entirely. Its mostly about controlling them. Best way is to have a strategy and follow it.

Exactly, no matter how professional you work as a trader, there will be always those times when you will lose hope because the market price is dumping very hard and the only thing you can do is to hold your coins to avoid losing more of your investments.

Well since it's given that emotions will always be in play whethet we like it or not, it's how you deal with it that matters. Avoid doing things that could trigger an emotion-based decision, like constantly checking the market and your assets. Do other things when the market is down. These actually are things you should've expected and prepared for even before buying your first btc and alt

The emotional person cannot become a successful trader. He can start to panic very easily and make some serious mistakes. Some docs even recommend these guys taking antistress pills but better to deal with the problem yourself.
muratdur

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:37:08 AM

I think you would not be able to succeed in that, no human can not get rid of emotions even the professional players in poker, they're trying so hard, but sometimes they fail. Even those guys.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
sevendust777

Activity: 806
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 02:36:05 PM

We can control our emotions we are the one who can do it, don't limit your mind in your beliefs because you can do more.  Emotions are always there in our mind what is need is practice who it can be controlled in much better handling for example our patient and temper. In trading emotions are the enemy of our skills.

I think we’ve all experienced panicking and and closing our trades into unfavorable markets. I get used to it as i trade almost everyday eventually i lost my emotions. I guess that's one thing how to get rid of our emotions. Well mostly new traders are emotional but you will get used to it as you trade actively.

..BYBIT reddit.......                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:53:34 PM

I think we’ve all experienced panicking and and closing our trades into unfavorable markets. I get used to it as i trade almost everyday eventually i lost my emotions. I guess that's one thing how to get rid of our emotions. Well mostly new traders are emotional but you will get used to it as you trade actively.

hard to avoid we cant control our emotion how we can be avoid some panicking we can actually all experience that for that so learn to handle it at first of course you cant be able to know everything on it unless you may have some strategy well an experience can be your guide on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: