Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 12:41:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get rid of emotions when trading  (Read 3872 times)
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:00:37 PM

Our brain is hardwired to go into a fight or flight mode under stress, resulting in emotional responses like greed (taking too large risks), anger, fear (panic-closing) or fear of missing out. While this is a good thing when fighting lions in the savannah, it is a horrible thing when trading, and you need to make smart decisions and keep to your plan to keep making profits.
This topic will focus on how to get rid of emotions while trading, or at least make the best decisions which are not based on emotional responses of our ape brain. So how can we achieve that?

1 with good preparation
2 with checklists
3 with process orientation
4 with active emotional detachment

Good preparation:
If you watch a Football game or a Boxing match usually the team or player wins that has done the better preparation. The same goes with trading. Accumulate knowledge about the subjects of trading as much as possible. Start with small amounts and small leverages until you really know what you are doing. Be consistent, create good habits early on and keep them up. Make sure that you are mentally fit, live healthy, eat well, sleep enough and regularly, and exercise enough. Have a schedule. Track your preparation, track your results and analyse them. What were mistakes you could avoid in the future?

Checklists:
When things go down and away, it is always good to have a checklist. For example: surgeons usually have checklists that prevent them to go off the rails while performing a complicated procedure. Their checklists makes it absolutely clear in which order they need to perform what step, which frees up mental brain power for the actual process. So from your past make checklists what made your trades profitable and focus on those kind of trades that have done well in your past.

Process Orientation:
With the checklist, we should be able to make good trades more often than not. All we need to do now is focus our metal brain power on the process and not on the outcome. As we have built enough expertise and a checklist that we follow, we focus on rules and our discipline, not on the outcome of a single trade, because as we all know one trade can always be good or bad, independent of how well it was thought out.

Active emotional detachment:
There is something called Tilt in Poker. Some players will actively try to insult players after bad beats to make the go tilt, or "emotional". This will result in very bad decision making. Maybe you remember Zinedine Zidane in his very last World Cup Game, head butting the italian player and getting sent of the pitch with a red card. The worst possible outcome. TILT.
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

How are you dealing with your emotions? Anything to add or to take away from this?

It is important that we know how to control and handle our emotions durimg trading because panicking or having a negative mind won't help us earn a good profit but might lead us to uncertain decisions. We should know how to keep calm during trading for us to make right things right.
katri

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:08:37 PM

Our brain is hardwired to go into a fight or flight mode under stress, resulting in emotional responses like greed (taking too large risks), anger, fear (panic-closing) or fear of missing out. While this is a good thing when fighting lions in the savannah, it is a horrible thing when trading, and you need to make smart decisions and keep to your plan to keep making profits.
This topic will focus on how to get rid of emotions while trading, or at least make the best decisions which are not based on emotional responses of our ape brain. So how can we achieve that?

1 with good preparation
2 with checklists
3 with process orientation
4 with active emotional detachment

Good preparation:
If you watch a Football game or a Boxing match usually the team or player wins that has done the better preparation. The same goes with trading. Accumulate knowledge about the subjects of trading as much as possible. Start with small amounts and small leverages until you really know what you are doing. Be consistent, create good habits early on and keep them up. Make sure that you are mentally fit, live healthy, eat well, sleep enough and regularly, and exercise enough. Have a schedule. Track your preparation, track your results and analyse them. What were mistakes you could avoid in the future?

Checklists:
When things go down and away, it is always good to have a checklist. For example: surgeons usually have checklists that prevent them to go off the rails while performing a complicated procedure. Their checklists makes it absolutely clear in which order they need to perform what step, which frees up mental brain power for the actual process. So from your past make checklists what made your trades profitable and focus on those kind of trades that have done well in your past.

Process Orientation:
With the checklist, we should be able to make good trades more often than not. All we need to do now is focus our metal brain power on the process and not on the outcome. As we have built enough expertise and a checklist that we follow, we focus on rules and our discipline, not on the outcome of a single trade, because as we all know one trade can always be good or bad, independent of how well it was thought out.

Active emotional detachment:
There is something called Tilt in Poker. Some players will actively try to insult players after bad beats to make the go tilt, or "emotional". This will result in very bad decision making. Maybe you remember Zinedine Zidane in his very last World Cup Game, head butting the italian player and getting sent of the pitch with a red card. The worst possible outcome. TILT.
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

How are you dealing with your emotions? Anything to add or to take away from this?
Thank you for the tip! I think the best of all is to make preparation prior putting your money into trading. There are so many things that will happen eventually in the course of your trading but having prepared make it lot easier.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:22:56 PM

Every good trader must have a trader plan everyday  he intends to trade in the market. The plan include how much profit and how much loss that will be recorded that day, it include how many trades that will be embarked upon that day. It must include take profit and stop loss points. Whenever there is a trading plan emotions would have been taken care of.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:56:51 PM

We can't really get rid of emotions because we are human beings and its a part that of us. But for me the best way to do is try to relax,chill a little bit and don't over think too much and don't risk everything. Keep calm,control your emotions.
It is not about getting rid of them, but if you look at great performers you will see that even under the greatest pressure they are able to perform their best, this is not easy at all since most people have the same capabilities to perform when they train but when it counts they are unable to perform as they should, and you need to have the same endurance if you want to be a good trader.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:41:26 PM

Emotions is the shadows of our personality, meaning it is already a part of being a human being just simple as that. We cannot take it away, only 

things we can do about it is we must know how to control it, so that it may not lead us to our loss when do trading in the platform.
tuljan

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

Emotions is the shadows of our personality, meaning it is already a part of being a human being just simple as that. We cannot take it away, only 

things we can do about it is we must know how to control it, so that it may not lead us to our loss when do trading in the platform.

You can't live without emotion nor can you suppress them. In crypto it's paramount to leave emotion out of the decision making process. Just don't act on them.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:05:59 PM

Every good trader must have a trader plan everyday  he intends to trade in the market. The plan include how much profit and how much loss that will be recorded that day, it include how many trades that will be embarked upon that day. It must include take profit and stop loss points. Whenever there is a trading plan emotions would have been taken care of.
actually it is easy on theory, but when practice, control our emotion is the most important. even we have plan, schedule and other thing that can help us in trading activity, when bad thing come we must keep calm and not follow our emotion because that will help much in trading activity

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:17:48 PM

I think is is impossible to get rid of emotions at all but in several months of trading you will be able to trade being more patient and experienced. I think that only positive emotions and experience can help you to reach success
oegarod

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:43:52 PM

Being emotional causes lots and lots of negative things happen around us. To be successful one needs the tolerance to overcome it, with cryptocurrency it is a must. With trading everything happens in no time, and being more cautious on emotional levels will let's us to be on the safer side.
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:21:03 PM

Getting emotional for your money is normal but minding it for so long isn't. Getting rid of your emotions while trading might broke you. The right way to manage it is to control it example trading dedicate yourself into giving you heart and mind to pick the best suited for you being emotional on your loss won't give you knowledge instead learn from your mistakes and strong dedicate yourself from learning and soon controling your emotions will be natural.
Usually I'm trying to get out of my personal computer going into park or something like that might be on the roof, because I need to spend some time with myself trying to keep calm and passive.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:42:41 PM

People have two quotient, the intellectual and emotional quotient.Yes, we can choose to separate the two in dealing with so many things but I don't think it would be applicable in trading. I know that business is business. Technically, most of the time, we use only our IQ with this. But I don't think there is one default strategy that we can use not to involve emotion with trading. We are not robots and we have to accept the fact that we aren't.

Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:09:42 PM

It is rather difficult to manage emotions during trading, and I personally do it by listening to music and playing with my kids, and after the thought in the brain was fresh then i started trading again. And your advice I will try it  Wink
tuljan

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:48:34 PM

It is rather difficult to manage emotions during trading, and I personally do it by listening to music and playing with my kids, and after the thought in the brain was fresh then i started trading again. And your advice I will try it  Wink

I like to trade in the morning when my thoughts are clear and my mind is fresh. As time passes my concentration drops. It's all natural I guess.
MrPresidentIM

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:21:28 PM

In order to get rid of emotions when trading you'd better do something before you actually start trading.
Just a couple of simple rules:
- Never invest more than the amount you are comfortable with losing. Otherwise, you are very unlikely to manage your emotions and that is a recipe for losing your coins.
- Take care of your health by working out and getting enough sleep. Don't forget about eating a balanced diet.
t3ChNo

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:30:14 PM

I tried but it's hard to suppress it while trading. Sometimes I trust my emotions when making predictions.
SunJAB

Activity: 406

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

Getting emotional for your money is normal but minding it for so long isn't. Getting rid of your emotions while trading might broke you. The right way to manage it is to control it example trading dedicate yourself into giving you heart and mind to pick the best suited for you being emotional on your loss won't give you knowledge instead learn from your mistakes and strong dedicate yourself from learning and soon controling your emotions will be natural.
Usually I'm trying to get out of my personal computer going into park or something like that might be on the roof, because I need to spend some time with myself trying to keep calm and passive.
I often get stressed out by listening to light music and traveling with my family. The financial market has really taken a lot of my time and I want to get the best results for my family and the community in which I live.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:41:35 PM

This is really very important to get rid of emotions when trading because it plays a major factor that can lead your trading session a disaster. Emotions can disrupt your presence of mind that will result to poor decision during trading.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
tuljan

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:56:50 PM

I often get stressed out by listening to light music and traveling with my family. The financial market has really taken a lot of my time and I want to get the best results for my family and the community in which I live.

For the community?  Grin
If by community you mean your bank account then I also like trading for my community.  Roll Eyes
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:12:45 PM

I divert myself to get busy in searching about bitcoin and by joining in signature campaign. I need to do it so that i will not be able to see and think some negative decisions like sellinh my coins at a very low price.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:56:39 PM

Just stay positive and focus and don't expect much from your expectations because anything can really happen in trading. When you are trading at red times, just imagine you are doing the right thing and never worried much about what's going to happen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: