Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:11:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get rid of emotions when trading  (Read 3868 times)
Obama07

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

It is very hard to control your emotion when you trading. But remember, practice make a man perfect. So you can try this. Select your target both for-profit and loss. Make sure about your sixth sense what it said while you trade. Hear the sound and command from your mind. Meditation can be the best doctor for emotion control.  Stop trade always immediately if you face two lose continuously. Don’t over trade and always avoid to increase your amount to trade if it goes loose. It means if your first trade seems 2$ goes lose then never trade more 3$ or 4$.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:05:18 AM

it is an important thing when trading, holding back emotions when trading is very difficult therefore many traders who fail because they can not restrain their emotions.
This is not like deciding during the course of red market to stay calm. One should be wise and learned enough to know important things before investing in crypto.

A business mind set matters a lot. If you have a business mind set, you will be able to overcome emotions while trading and this will help you a lot. The red market should not be taken so serious because it does you no harm, but only requires you to hold your assets and wait for the right time to collect profit.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 06:17:40 AM

Emotions is being right there always, we cannot skip it or disregard but we are humans and more powerful on this. You don't need to turn your intentions into other matters because it will not going to solve your problem with emotions when you are in trading instead adjust it slowly as you can.

I agree with you. We should be the one to control our emotions to get rid of uncertain wrong decision making. It is important that we'll know how to handle our mind set towards the goals that we would want to reach. We must learn how to get rid of too much emotions in trading through it is normal. Our ability to make right decisions depends on how we control the things around us.
Domicbora

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:57:10 AM

Good plan... I think the best thing one  can do is to trade with a small amount of money and think of it as a gamble (5% or less) of your worth. The bigger the risk, the more attachment you have to the decision which definitely involves your emotions.
But what about big results? You can’t just achieve anything bigger as output if you input isn’t that much correspondingly bigger. For bigger results, there is big effort to be put and for it you have to embrace bigger risky options as well. Good trader always fined best choice and adopt it when he finds it suitable for making money. Don’t get afraid of heavy risks.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:07:25 AM

at the end it's all about commitment. you have to constantly analize and work on yourself

Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:38:26 AM

Our brain is hardwired to go into a fight or flight mode under stress, resulting in emotional responses like greed (taking too large risks), anger, fear (panic-closing) or fear of missing out. While this is a good thing when fighting lions in the savannah, it is a horrible thing when trading, and you need to make smart decisions and keep to your plan to keep making profits.
This topic will focus on how to get rid of emotions while trading, or at least make the best decisions which are not based on emotional responses of our ape brain. So how can we achieve that?

1 with good preparation
2 with checklists
3 with process orientation
4 with active emotional detachment

Good preparation:
If you watch a Football game or a Boxing match usually the team or player wins that has done the better preparation. The same goes with trading. Accumulate knowledge about the subjects of trading as much as possible. Start with small amounts and small leverages until you really know what you are doing. Be consistent, create good habits early on and keep them up. Make sure that you are mentally fit, live healthy, eat well, sleep enough and regularly, and exercise enough. Have a schedule. Track your preparation, track your results and analyse them. What were mistakes you could avoid in the future?

Checklists:
When things go down and away, it is always good to have a checklist. For example: surgeons usually have checklists that prevent them to go off the rails while performing a complicated procedure. Their checklists makes it absolutely clear in which order they need to perform what step, which frees up mental brain power for the actual process. So from your past make checklists what made your trades profitable and focus on those kind of trades that have done well in your past.

Process Orientation:
With the checklist, we should be able to make good trades more often than not. All we need to do now is focus our metal brain power on the process and not on the outcome. As we have built enough expertise and a checklist that we follow, we focus on rules and our discipline, not on the outcome of a single trade, because as we all know one trade can always be good or bad, independent of how well it was thought out.

Active emotional detachment:
There is something called Tilt in Poker. Some players will actively try to insult players after bad beats to make the go tilt, or "emotional". This will result in very bad decision making. Maybe you remember Zinedine Zidane in his very last World Cup Game, head butting the italian player and getting sent of the pitch with a red card. The worst possible outcome. TILT.
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

How are you dealing with your emotions? Anything to add or to take away from this?
...Be that as it may, shouldn't something be said about enormous outcomes? You can't simply accomplish anything greater as yield on the off chance that you input isn't that much correspondingly greater. For greater outcomes, there is enormous push to be put and for it you need to hold onto greater unsafe choices also. Great merchant dependably fined best decision and receive it when he thinks that its appropriate for profiting. Try not to get anxious of overwhelming dangers.
deus030518

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:49:01 AM

You have to focus and control your emotions when you are doing trading because if your emotion controls you then you will lose what you have invested. You have to study first how you can control your emotions because if you do not study how to control your emotions then it will lead you to lose your coins. So when you plan to trade you have to study how to play with the price so that you will not put some emotions in trading so you will not lose.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:08:57 PM

In trading there are gains and losses. That is normal. No need to get emotional for any loss. It will surely not change anything and it will not change at all. To get rid of emotions, set your boundaries and limits in trading. Do not focus or think of big profit in a short period of time. That is very risky. Look for good long term investment.
bene_gesserit

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:27:06 PM

Even though it might seem strange, I like to track the "emotions" of my "fellow" traders: https://enroyd.com/btc_sentiment/
When I see that the long-term sentiment trend is positive, I hodl even if the price goes down. I cannot guarantee that it works, but....
does it make sense?
nonconformist

Activity: 386
Merit: 104

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:13:47 AM

Just as the saying goes, practice makes perfect. Speaking from my personal experience, it's normal to feel really emotional especially as a newbie in trading. That's why it's really important to start small, manage your risk/reward ratio, and make sure you learn the fundamentals. I'm not really gonna go in detail here but little by little you'll feel more numb (less emotional) for losing a trade as time goes when you know you can basically earn back those loses.

dankboner83

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:25:14 AM

A lot of us probably lost whats called emotions ever since we stepped into crypto  Cry

I myself always try to not get too excited when I get some profits, and never get too depressed when I suffer from a loss. Accept those losses as the oppurtunity to learn. The market is all about money, people win and lose.
I keep telling to myself Its a job not a playground to have fun so I totally ignore emotions.
tanjilrifat

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:37:39 AM

Accept those losses as the oppurtunity to learn. The market is all about money, people win and lose.That's why it's really important to start small, manage your risk/reward ratio, and make sure you learn the fundamentals.
TraiKH

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:58:09 AM

Belief will help you have a strong psychological and overcome the dominant emotions. Trade in many stages where the market tends to be different. Increase and decrease as a habit is seen every day on the trading floor. It's not strange. You will control your emotions when you put your trust in the right place.
Sanchezino40

Activity: 484

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:01:36 AM

Trading with emotion is bad. This affect newbies who are new to trading. Imagine applying emotions simply because you are loosing and you want to gain your money back. One must put this feelings aside
Orville_Brown

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:13:34 AM

Active emotional detachment:
There is something called Tilt in Poker. Some players will actively try to insult players after bad beats to make the go tilt, or "emotional". This will result in very bad decision making. Maybe you remember Zinedine Zidane in his very last World Cup Game, head butting the italian player and getting sent of the pitch with a red card. The worst possible outcome. TILT.
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

How are you dealing with your emotions? Anything to add or to take away from this?

This one in particular is especially useful. Understanding that a loss is a loss and nothing more. Then move on and live for today.

This is where a lot of traders (myself included) have failed. I've blown my account just because I thought that I could "get even" or "make up for" a loss. Luckily, that account represented less than 10% of my net worth, so it wasn't a critical mistake. The second part of effective trading that goes with emotional management is not putting too much into the game. Risk management is just as important, if not more important than emotional.

Also, I wouldn't say "how to get rid of emotions" because we are human and can never truly get rid of them. This creates the impression that we should be fighting them. Instead, we need to accept, acknowledge, and proceed.
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:08:05 AM

The most important thing for the investor is to have patience.  Many newcomers rush to make a profit and are mistaken on this.
jorgelugra

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:20:51 AM

To my mind, this is the best way to trade-when you don't have many emotions as they may prevent from thinking logically. you should do your best to avoid any kind of emotions, especially those which are too strong
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:21:19 PM

stifling emotion when trading is difficult for beginners because trading in crpto you must be able to manage the emotions and the key to successful trading in crypto is patient.
The control of your emotions is critical, how many people do you see every day that are great people but that always take decisions because they let their emotions do the thinking instead of the logical part of their brain, I know it is difficult but you need to get rid of them or they will get rid of all your money that you have in your trading account.
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:32:01 PM

The red arrows on the chart accompany all the fears of failure that rush through our brains in nanoseconds but you can learn to control your actions and emotions with a solid trading plan and by keeping yourself productive.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:49:09 PM

You can never completely free yourself of emotions, but you can prevent them from leading us to make rash choices: self-control is always important, but when you're a trader it's absolutely indispensable.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: