Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining inquery. Server URL.  (Read 6331 times)
Aesthetic (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:46:32 PM

I have a number of programs all I would like to test before I setup other computers. All of which are having the same problem.

When I run:

• BFGminer
Need to specify at least one pool server.
Input server details.

• CGminer
Need to specify at least one pool server.
Input server details.
[/list]

Im using litecoin and bitoin as wallets and have properly configured the .conf files to the best of my knowledge using and testing both localhost and my Ip address.

Litecoin.conf/Bitcoin.conf:

I believe this .conf I shared in the %appdata% aswell.

rpcuser=******
rpcpasswrd=*******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=****
daemon=1
server=1
gen=1

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493 <I believe this contrasts for BFGminer>

And I eventually started raging like a redhead and thought I would ask the forum since google has no whereabout of my solution anywhere... Godforbid someone finds a link, ill do murder.

Anyways, onto my question.

How do I link a mining program to a software wallet on my computer for solo mining using bitcoin/litecoin/BFGminer/CGminer. Or is there a website that I can use as a pool but simply mandates as a proxy for my solo-wallet.
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:05:36 AM

so if you are mining with gpu-s find old version of cgminer 3.7.2 or older since newer versions doesn't support gpu-s anymore.

so your command should be like this:

cgminer -o  http://127.0.0.1:portnumber -u username -p pass

don't know what kind of hashing power you have and is it wort solo mining for you but that's up to you to decide.

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
Aesthetic (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:27:25 AM

Im using a quad core. So if pertaining to the GPU-S im aware of then I shouldn't need an older version of CGminer, correct?

I copy and pasted
cgminer -o  http://127.0.0.1:portnumber -u username -p pass
into the cgminer.conf file and when I ran cgminer.exe a command prompt showed up with the message
Fatal JSON error in configuration file. * next * no devices detected * next * Waiting for usb hotplug devices or press q to exit. * next * Need to specify at least one pool server. * next * Input server details, URL:
Which I then typed  'http://127.0.0.1:portnumber followed by the username and password when prompted. The CMD goes silent for a few seconds and crashes not always the same results I might add. It receives my input but appears to be unable to make sense of the process or the URL I provide. Word pop up in a flash that I cant really make out well but appeared to be *failed to resolve* *pool setup canceled*
vpasic

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:33:12 AM

quad core??? cpu quad core??
you can't mine with cpu.

anyway you realize that when copy/past my command you need to enter port number and enter username ad password that you set in .conf file.
you can't just copy/paste and hit enter.

Aesthetic (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:46:03 AM

Of course I changed the username and password along with the port #. I was also led to believe that you matter of factually can mine with CPU; does the program not support it?
vpasic

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:53:54 AM

no it doesn't support cpu-s.
also there is no point mining ANY coin with cpu!
there is some cpu coins to mine and if you want to mine them use cpuminer.
but again, no point. you can't earn anything with cpu.
solo mining with cpu???
I really don't know where did you get that idea!

Aesthetic (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:01:22 AM

thanks, I suppose I should respect your concern. Your answer has helped.
vpasic

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:05:25 AM

sorry bro,
you'll end up with higher electricity bill by keeping your pc mining 24/7 and you wan't earn anything.
try some cpu coins for fun and also there is no point mining even cpu coins solo so use some pool and don't expect much.

Aesthetic (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:10:04 AM

I have more computers to setup I jsut wanted to figure out the process firsthand before turning some servers into a private pool for a few people. Not really trying to live off this shit man, just seems like a fun hobby kinda. Almost like gambling, and no I wouldn't leave this on 24/7 I would probably be alternating a few days during the daytime. But its something I gotta figure out. Thanks again man, I didnt know the programs I got cant support cpu mining lol been raging hard over this shit.
vpasic

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:37:54 AM

go here

https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer

on the right side you have Download button!

try some cpu coin, primecoin or dimecoin

I know you don't plan to live off this but you agree that sometimes is pointless to even try.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: