Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:36:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Early BTC adopters still hodling?  (Read 1387 times)
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:35:23 PM

1. How long did it take for a transaction to be confirmed?
Transactions before were so quick that it won't take 2 minutes IIRC and I was able to catch up those days that there's no fee when you send bitcoin. It is because there were few users unlike today.
2. What were the other issues experienced apart from Hardware complications and energy requirements?
Can't say on this matter but before the earliest time, you can mine even with your laptop.
After reading this answer, before the transcation is very quick and no fee because not many user but low price.
So now many users, all crowded and high fee but good price. So what do you choose now? I think its difficult decision.
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:12:01 PM

These days, my strategy in general is to sell 10% every time the price doubles, that way I dont dump everything while maintaining a good cash injection every now and then. Sadly 2018 hasn't seen any doubling in prices yet lol.

It's a strategy I believe works well. Most people just want to sell at the ATHs or as the popular meme goes: buy low and sell high - risky if you ask me.
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 10:14:41 PM

Transaction confirmation time varies, it depends on the network congestion and the few you pay for it. Expect something like 10 minutes on the average day
Brawnsugar

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:16:37 PM

Early is subjective, today's buyers could be considered early in 10 years. I'm sure many are split and the holder persona is strong with many.

This is absolutely true. Adopters today would be termed as early adopters in 10 years time. But the trueth remains that most guys who mined or bought bitcoin in the early didn't have the patience to hodl till now and the reason isn't farfetched, they didn't see the future, they didn't know it would become this big. Some people were just playing around with it and it was nothing serious
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:48:16 AM

I think the wealthy ones are still holding a lot of bitcoins. But I am also sure that they have cashed out and then bought more bitcoin and altcoins when this crash happened. If those guys are not holding up to this moment then the coinmarketcap should have been wiped out at the early months.
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:53:39 AM

Of course they should hold BTC because they are still longing for another profit. As we all know that this is not for the early BTC adopters instead it is for all. Strategy may apply here in getting the maximum profit if you want to because you can take advantage on its volatility. And taking advantage of crypto or bitcoin high volatility will make you as a day trader. Day trading nowadays is good and it could be easy to determine if you have some time to see how market price moves in coinmarketcap.com

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
makanele

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:07:06 AM

But I also make sure they have withdrawn money and then buy more bitcoin and altcoins when this accident occurs. As we all know that this is not for those who first accept BTC instead it is for for everything. The strategy can be applied here to get the maximum profit if you want because you can take advantage of its volatility. And taking advantage of high crossover or bitcoin fluctuations will make you a trader for the day.
Zre

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:19:43 AM

hmm, I think most of the early adopters of bitcoins sold their coins when that price was a few years ago .. At that time, the power dominated the block block and the coaxial wallet. Now everything is different. In addition, bitkoyn was the prevailing crypto currency, but now you have several altcones that you can conveniently trade with. there are some early adopters who have a balance in their wallet, but they forget their key or lose their wallet file.
Sanchezino40

Activity: 484

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 05:00:38 AM

Those that adopted BTC at the onsets should be holding by now. There is no point selling off even if they want to sell of, it should be a little fraction of BTC they are holding. They got the first opportunity to buy very cheap and they can't just sell off like that.
CrucialTechnology57

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:19:01 PM

Not only the early adopters but all those buy bitcoin still holding because the piece is very low and waiting for the best price.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:37:23 PM

Just have a few questions for those who bought/mined BTC early in the days when things weren't this crowded.

2. What were the other issues experienced apart from Hardware complications and energy requirements?

I think most of the early adopters are holding their Bitcoin. For example Tim Draper and Charlie sheen and many others. They believe in long term success of Bitcoin irrespective of short term hurdles and price dumps.

But I heard that Silk road who is holding more than 1 million Bitcoin moving in small parts.

burky156

Merit: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:40:13 PM

If it was too early HODL means nothing for them i guess.. Imagine that you bought bitcoin from $10?? They have already made their fortune and no need for wait or hodl. They are rich people right now and don't think they will open coinmarket cap for prices Smiley
Perkovic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:46:38 PM

bitcoin has a lot of problems that have not been solved since the very beginning of its existence and it seems to me that this should be done much more actively

inMIN.it TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY██
ICO Pre-Sale : October, 2018 ██
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:51:38 PM

Just have a few questions for those who bought/mined BTC early in the days when things weren't this crowded.

As for me, I am also still studying and researching for the good trading sites, and its process. I think those who are older here in crypto are so knowledgeable that they can help us with this matter. I will just read their posts, they are so helpful.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:54:58 PM

i think the confirmation time depends with your fee and the queue in the bacon transaction, if there is no queue I think you will get the fast confirmation time and if there are many queue the confirmation time will be longer than usually

livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:58:49 PM

Not only the early adopters but all those buy bitcoin still holding because the piece is very low and waiting for the best price.
I'm sure of that many early adopters are still holding it and just enjoying to see on how the value of their portfolio goes. The transactions before are cheaper and faster than today. And there are some transactions before through blockchain.info wallet that didn't charged any fee before but the confirmation only goes by minutes. But as the demand's increasing there are a lot of adjustments that we've been and still the fees are cheaper today and justifiable.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
popsywura

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:05:48 PM

Bitcoin transactions then was a slower compare to this present time. Transactions fees too was cheap then until towards the end last year when the transfer fees skyrocket but I can say its moderate now both in terms of transaction and transfer fees.
olumyd (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:24:55 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2018, 05:02:45 PM by olumyd

Early is subjective, today's buyers could be considered early in 10 years. I'm sure many are split and the holder persona is strong with many.

This is absolutely true. Adopters today would be termed as early adopters in 10 years time. But the trueth remains that most guys who mined or bought bitcoin in the early didn't have the patience to hodl till now and the reason isn't farfetched, they didn't see the future, they didn't know it would become this big. Some people were just playing around with it and it was nothing serious

Yeah, early could be subjective. But at this point early should mean those who bought BTC within a year of its emergence. This is early enough because prices then were ridiculously low.
adpinbr

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:33:01 PM

I don't think so, because on December 2017 BTC reached its highest price, and therefore a lot of HODLers have probably gained a lot of profit because of that, so I think that these BTC early adopters, pronably 90% of them have taken this chance to probably seize the moment while it lasted, so I think that the remaining 10% are still hodling.  Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
olumyd (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:07:59 PM

I don't think so, because on December 2017 BTC reached its highest price, and therefore a lot of HODLers have probably gained a lot of profit because of that, so I think that these BTC early adopters, pronably 90% of them have taken this chance to probably seize the moment while it lasted, so I think that the remaining 10% are still hodling.  Grin

The 50k/BTC prophecy-like drive for buying more BTC or hodling the ones you have could still put that percentage for sold to still hodling at a fair 65%:35%. However, if that value is unbalanced, well there must be a central entity holding a large percentage of the coin in circulation - though, just a theory.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: