Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 804 times)
ecotopia (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:59:10 AM

Probably been asked a 1000 times but I'll give it a shot, I'm new to coins mining and I have a few question:

1-who profit from the mathematical calculus that's being done by miners?

2-It's been a few hours I'm mining and I can't see what I've raised on the pool website, how long before my calculus done is recognized and transferred into coins?

3-is there a few site you guys could recommend that give insight on newly arrived bitcurrency and point what's hot right now?

Thanks and happy mining!

Chris.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 2106

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:02:09 AM

We have a Beginners & Help board for newbie questions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:03:52 AM

1. The mining pool and the miners. Mostly the actual calculations don't have any use (except for example Primecoin where you find prime number patterns while mining).
2. Depends on the pool. Where are you mining? Are you sure you are actually mining?
3. No, but almost all new coins are announced on this forum.
ecotopia (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:48:46 AM

@ealfskillz Really?

@Jacce, thanks so much for your time, I was mining Dogecoins at 250-300 kh/s ~ 3-4$ a days ( on hashfaster dogecoin pool), but I'm gonna pass my turn on this whole mining thing, it's using my GPU too much and I think it does worth it.

I can't believe people are actually wasting energy to calculate stuff that is useless.

I'll still have a look from time to time on what might be a good investment, thanks yall!
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:49:46 AM

I can't believe people are actually wasting energy to calculate stuff that is useless.
You shouldn't believe it because it's not true. Mining secures the network by making it computationally difficult to reverse or alter transactions after the fact, which is extremely useful. I think what Jacce meant was that mining has no use outside the context of the payment network, which is technically true, but misses the point completely.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
R0yalAir

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:58:11 AM

It's important to do maths because people do prefer to calculate their profits 

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:19:24 PM

You shouldn't believe it because it's not true. Mining secures the network by making it computationally difficult to reverse or alter transactions after the fact, which is extremely useful. I think what Jacce meant was that mining has no use outside the context of the payment network, which is technically true, but misses the point completely.

Yup.
But still, many people attack bitcoin for wasting resource, wasting energy, blah blah blah...
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:11:58 PM

Yes, that was my point, but I wasn't sure exactly how to say it (not a native english speaker). And you're right that it's good for the coin, but if the coin itself doesn't have any real value then it's pretty much useless because the mining (with a few exceptions) don't do anything useful except helping the coin.
nasamanBoy

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:26:31 AM

Generally most says that it is not worth .....
R0yalAir

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:22:29 AM

Generally most says that it is not worth .....

talks the least says the most

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: