Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it okay ICOs to give so much bounty and airdrop for "ghost" followers??  (Read 138 times)
dmngdsm (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 05:05:32 PM

In the beginning bounty programs were really smart "organic" marketing. Incentivising people to promote your project, so that you can grow organically without spending too much, since your project is about collecting funds, not spending.

But for a long time now it has become an endless spending fiasco and results are really poor, since the bounty hunters aren't early project adopters and geeks anymore, but low quality spammers who have no impact on their followers  and have no intentions of supporting and developing the projects they are "promoting".

What do you think - is giving $50,000 - 150,000 worth of tokens for bounties still worth?

Isn't it better to give those coins for charity organisations and support people in real need?

Less likes, more good karma?

Just thinking, curious about your opinion...

Crypto Marketing Advisor
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:37:56 PM

ICO is all about fund raising to develop their platform and their businesses with other platforms (Partnerships). Raising a bounty is one of the most first step.to call out an investors and they actually save a lot in advertisement by using thousands of freelancers. Those freelancers are the bounty hunters. That good karma you are referring to will follow for sure if that company becomes successful in cryptocurrency.
dmngdsm (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 09:00:55 PM

ICO is all about fund raising to develop their platform and their businesses with other platforms (Partnerships). Raising a bounty is one of the most first step.to call out an investors and they actually save a lot in advertisement by using thousands of freelancers. Those freelancers are the bounty hunters. That good karma you are referring to will follow for sure if that company becomes successful in cryptocurrency.

Okay, but are you ready to comment the actual situation? Those freelancers you are mentioning are usually producing extremely low quality content and sharing the project with absolutely irrelevant friends networks. The real freelancers have for long time raised the quality and established real media quoting much more significant sums for producing content. For what I have experienced, the bounty content is pretty useless.

Crypto Marketing Advisor
IIV

Activity: 130
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:23:40 AM

It depends on what percentage of bounty they are giving to the airdrop followers than the amount.
Large project can afford to spend more while smaller would do less.
Anything equal or less than 5% is perfect portion to distribute in an airdrop.
Airdrop is a great way to advertise and build community.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:41:16 AM

You are thinking is perfect. This is the way bounty programs shovel be working today also. With the increasing number of participation increases the number of dumpers when the coin get listed! This reduces the token economy badly and thus makes it worse.

Also it doesn't matter if there are 5K participants or 1 ml participants as long as they are scammers then whats the use of spending so much money?

Instead of that they shovel be spending their money on the real development of project and increase the value of coins!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dmngdsm (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 06:36:10 PM

You are thinking is perfect. This is the way bounty programs shovel be working today also. With the increasing number of participation increases the number of dumpers when the coin get listed! This reduces the token economy badly and thus makes it worse.

Also it doesn't matter if there are 5K participants or 1 ml participants as long as they are scammers then whats the use of spending so much money?

Instead of that they shovel be spending their money on the real development of project and increase the value of coins!

And what if...those airdrops can help people in need? I believe that ICOs are giving away too much tokens for useless airdrops,instead of supporting meaningful causes...so I am doing a little experiment - I created Noble Airdrops to convince ICOs to support the ones in real need. Projects willing to donate tokens for charity will receive exposure on the platform. Check it out: http://nobleairdrops.org

Crypto Marketing Advisor
Suares

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:46:41 PM

I think that those tokens that the project allocates to the Bounty are just a small part of what they would allot to their advertising. For example, with the help of Bounty Hunters, I learned about many good projects
KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:48:18 PM

I think it is okay if project's to an airdrop to fill their channel with new people, because they are all going to spread the word about the project! Just give some new people some tokens and they will start to belive in this project!
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:00:40 PM

In the beginning bounty programs were really smart "organic" marketing. Incentivising people to promote your project, so that you can grow organically without spending too much, since your project is about collecting funds, not spending.
It has gotten out of control. That's what's happening right now. What you describe would be a normal type of promotion. What's happening right now is craziness.

But for a long time now it has become an endless spending fiasco and results are really poor, since the bounty hunters aren't early project adopters and geeks anymore, but low quality spammers who have no impact on their followers  and have no intentions of supporting and developing the projects they are "promoting".
You are right, but not only that. The projects, not just the bounty hunters, have become spammy as hell. We are all more or less guilty for participating in this madness. I mean is it normal, for example, to raise more than $2 billion for a project like EOS? Do you really need that kind of money for a PoS type of project?

What do you think - is giving $50,000 - 150,000 worth of tokens for bounties still worth?

Isn't it better to give those coins for charity organisations and support people in real need?
Yep. Great idea. That would be a much better use of their tokens.
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:06:13 PM

I think it is not okay to give so much airdrop because it is not like bounty, no win-win situation but bounties are good the number of bounty tokens depends on the project.

dmngdsm (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 07:34:49 PM

I think it is not okay to give so much airdrop because it is not like bounty, no win-win situation but bounties are good the number of bounty tokens depends on the project.

My problem with bounties is the low quality. I think that bounties should be organised as contests for best articles, most creative posts, etc., otherwise the quality drops dramatically.

It has gotten out of control. That's what's happening right now. What you describe would be a normal type of promotion. What's happening right now is craziness.

But for a long time now it has become an endless spending fiasco and results are really poor, since the bounty hunters aren't early project adopters and geeks anymore, but low quality spammers who have no impact on their followers  and have no intentions of supporting and developing the projects they are "promoting".
You are right, but not only that. The projects, not just the bounty hunters, have become spammy as hell. We are all more or less guilty for participating in this madness. I mean is it normal, for example, to raise more than $2 billion for a project like EOS? Do you really need that kind of money for a PoS type of project?

Yep. Great idea. That would be a much better use of their tokens.

Thanks, butka!

Did you check my project? I am collecting feedback and looking for ICOs to join the cause.

Crypto Marketing Advisor
siagh357

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:54:30 PM

You are underestimating the power of bounty hunters to the success of an ICO. Bounty is the main source of raising an awareness to a campaign to raise funds for a project.without signature campaign, social media and article writings of bounty participants, I doubt if people can get to know a project and invest in it.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:56:03 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 09:11:47 PM by butka

Did you check my project? I am collecting feedback and looking for ICOs to join the cause.
I just checked your project, if you refer to your website http://nobleairdrops.org/ It's a good and noble idea, and I hope the future ICOs will find it worthwhile to take part with their donations. Good luck attracting a lot of them!  
kayakcrypto9875

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:10:17 PM

If ghost followers can do their marketing then why not. It actually saves a lot of money for the ICO. Also they are giving us opportunity to earn tokens.
dmngdsm (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 12:52:20 PM

I just checked your project, if you refer to your website http://nobleairdrops.org/ It's a good and noble idea, and I hope the future ICOs will find it worthwhile to take part with their donations. Good luck attracting a lot of them!  

Thank you! I am working on smart contracts to make it easier for ICOs to join the platform right now.

Crypto Marketing Advisor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: