Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptonomicon  (Read 198 times)
NadiaHel (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 203

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:37:17 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 11:59:30 PM by NadiaHel
Merited by suchmoon (5), paxmao (1)

We are used to speaking about how George Orwell`s "1984" or "A brave new world", by Huxley described our actual society almost a century ago. And, of course, they did.
Besides, there are other several books describing how the future may look, as "Farenheit 451", by Bradbury (I think the massive books cremation is not happening-yet).

Last week a friend told me about a book he has read and, even when he`s not into crypto, as well as he was describing the book, I thought more and more about it. "Wow, it seems so similar to the cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology!!!" -my thoughts were.

So I went and look for the book: "Cryptonomicon", by Neal Stephenson, published in 2002.
I downloaded the book from this source: http://oceanofpdf.com/pdf-epub-cryptonomicon-download/

From what I`ve read so long, this is awesome.
I will edit the topic when I finish it if you like, but, for the moment, a recommended novel to read in holidays.

Have you read the book? What are your impressions about it?
How other novelist do you feel that described the crypto world before even happening?
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:26:55 AM

Also check out 'Soilent Green'. However, I only saw the movie but it was great. Also see the movie 'Logan's Run'. 
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:49:27 AM

hmm this seems really interesting, I'm writing to make sure I can find my way back to this thread at some point  Grin
NadiaHel (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:23:54 PM

hmm this seems really interesting, I'm writing to make sure I can find my way back to this thread at some point  Grin

Jjajaaja... You also can add the thread to your watchlist!!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:11:11 PM

Neal Stephenson is also well known for the cyberpunk novel Snow Crash.
NadiaHel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:35:10 AM

Neal Stephenson is also well known for the cyberpunk novel Snow Crash.

Thanks!!!! I will look at it! recently I was laking of some good readings, so this is nice to hear about some.
Anyway, my interest right now is about novels that predicted the future, crypto, if possible. I think this requires a nice comparative analysis with "reality", so any recommendation is more than welcomed!

Thanks to all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: