Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for alt coin developers  (Read 621 times)
subvolatil (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:40:49 AM

Hi,
We are looking  for an altcoin developer for a altcoin project.

Please pm me.

The project is  basically to get an altcoin into countries where bitcoin penetration is low.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:47:20 AM

please just join the team of an existing coin there is already to many coins 

subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:53:50 AM

Well this is location specific, so looking for additional help.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:04:24 AM

you are making a coin on the internet its totally irrelevant as people will nearly always mine the coin them makes them the most money 

extee

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:12:32 AM

you are making a coin on the internet its totally irrelevant as people will nearly always mine the coin them makes them the most money  
maybe he/she wants to make a coin that is not a miners coin Wink
the reason why bitcoin/litecoin/any miner coin  has no penetration in poor countries is cos they don't have "the rigs" that the western kids have.....nor they can afford to shell out money they don't have buying expensive crypto.
a PoS coin with mass free distribution would spread better there.
subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:13:53 AM

That's the reason why we are trying to find a localized solution for this, some thing a local community can engage in. to get into the cryptocurrency environment.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:14:41 AM

the reason why bitcoin/litecoin/any miner coin  has no penetration in poor countries is cos they don't have "the rigs" that the western kids have.....nor they can afford to shell out money they don't have buying expensive crypto.

there are a whole load of coins doing that right now so why make another one ?

wouldn't it be better to join up with someone that's already doing it ?

Quote from: subvolatil on Today at 07:53:50 AM

That's the reason why we are trying to find a localized solution for this, some thing a local community can engage in. to get into the cryptocurrency environment.

the problem is people from all over the world will jump in and trash it

lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:18:45 AM

zack, wtf is your problem?  Grin Grin Grin

Unicorn needs money. What is there not to  understand?

edit: is that a unicorn or a pony?
subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:20:18 AM

This is the main reason. Poorer countries in the Asian subcontinent and Africa has the  ability to  mine only with  CPU's, but the problem is  botnets and large scale miners from  developed nations always  have an  upper hand in  taking  coin volumes away. We are trying to see if  a  way can be impediment to  prevent  this  from happening.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:22:51 AM

I am not the only one that's going to ask questions if it was a good idea with a good plan I would consider backing it

but from what I see the user would be better off teaming up with an existing coin and doing it that way

subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:24:36 AM

Its a  pony . and i love it . no one  say any thing  bad about the pony.

money is not the  factor, it's to have  people from countries where  crypto-coin is hard to get, make it easier for them to enter it.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:25:02 AM

This is the main reason. Poorer countries in the Asian subcontinent and Africa has the  ability to  mine only with  CPU's, but the problem is  botnets and large scale miners from  developed nations always  have an  upper hand in  taking  coin volumes away. We are trying to see if  a  way can be impediment to  prevent  this  from happening.

the problem is that people will mine the coin from outside that area with a huge amount of hash power an then dump the coins

if you really want to do that kind of thing you would have to do a 100% Proof of Stake coin then distribute the coins manually

subvolatil (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:28:13 AM

the problem is that people will mine the coin from outside that area with a huge amount of hash power an then dump the coins

if you really want to do that kind of thing you would have to do a 100% Proof of Stake coin then distribute the coins manually

That is the one method we have been talking  about, but  the manual distribution is the one  that i feel can be unfair to some people, how can this distribution problem be  solved. otherwise a PoS is  a great  idea.
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:29:27 AM

Its a  pony . and i love it . no one  say any thing  bad about the pony.

money is not the  factor, it's to have  people from countries where  crypto-coin is hard to get, make it easier for them to enter it.

sorry pony..

there is a Nigerian coin, like a local bitcoin, with huuuge fees. I don't know if your familiar with it, it's an interesting concept.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:33:22 AM

That is the one method we have been talking  about, but  the manual distribution is the one  that i feel can be unfair to some people, how can this distribution problem be  solved. otherwise a PoS is  a great  idea.

with mining you will find it a lot harder than handing out the coins to keep it fair ( some people will have more mining power than others )

the biggest issue for manually handing out the coins is the risk of you scamming or taking an unfair cut

but that can be partly solved by having a public ledger and most of the coins held in escrow until needed  Smiley

coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:47:32 AM

very good idea, but altcoins are internet based. there is no known mechanism for local segmentation, as the internet is global, and bitcoin builds on that. best best is probably some kind of proof-of-stake.

if anyone wants to work on local distributed coinage let me know.
WineGuy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:24:44 AM

You may consider partnering with cell phone carriers and/or couple the issuance protocol with having a confirmed local telephone number? Somewhat similar to the upcoming Icelandic AuroraCoin...http://auroracoin.org except it seems the government is the issuer or partners with the issuers and will be using access to gov data to airdrop coins to the entire population.....http://auroracoin.org/airdrop.php
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: