Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FUD] MtGox might be own by the NSA  (Read 2803 times)
CryptoCurrencyInc.com (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:42:47 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 02:06:11 PM by malevolent

MtGox security feature ask you to use Google Authentication.
We all know that Google is the NSA in disguised.

There is a high chance that MtGox is own by the NSA as well.
Need volunteers to check on this.

MtGox is currently playing games with me right now. My account with them is already verified, they want me to do another verification process known as an Apostille. Not sure if their team is incompetence or just stupid.

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:46:55 AM

Bitsimple >>>

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
BTCIndia

Activity: 686

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:50:15 AM

I'm curious to know, which was the first Bitcoin exchange in world? Was it Mt.Gox or someone else?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:52:16 AM

MtGox is currently playing games with me right now. My account with them is already verified, they want me to do another verification process known as an Apostille. Not sure if their team is incompetence or just stupid.

Forget about the verification, and just stay away from mtgox..
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:53:54 AM

I'm curious to know, which was the first Bitcoin exchange in world? Was it Mt.Gox or someone else?

Would like to know as well.

It was not the Magic the Gathering Online eXchange.

There was something else but I forget the name.

lol at that "Magic the Gathering Online eXchange" Smiley
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:58:41 AM

Google Authenticator uses an open source algorithm. There are alternative implementations that work just as well. The Google app is just the most well known implementation of this one-time-password algorithm, which is why it's often called Google Authenticator.
BTCIndia

Activity: 686

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:04:49 AM

I believe it was first exchange because somewhere in past Nick Sazbo was looking for capable programmer to execute his work. And I believe, Jeb Macleb helped him with programming, codes and all that..He's was selected because of his track record and experienced journey from centralization-to-decentralization. Then, Jed wrote codes for his own exchange... etc etc.. I've wild imagination. Tongue

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:13:25 AM

Every time some kid tries to take potshots at NSA, I wonder if they consider how much effort and competence it has taken for a single agency to run such a wide spread, global surveillance/information gathering program without being fully detected and exposed for what is estimated to be at least 10 years.

If they control Gox (makes sense, start it off of US territory, under American 'private ownership', etc), then my hats off to them.

The most effective form of intelligence operation is one that is competent, all-encompassing, and most of all, secret. I suppose it doesn't occur to people that the reason public never hears about successes of intelligence operations is because when they are successful, they maintain their secrecy.

Many such organizations take perverse pride in knowing that their successes never see the light of day, precisely because they are successful and therefore kept a secret.

Fuck they don't even list the names of intelligence star recipients on the wall in Langley.

Before being afraid of NSA or bitching about CIA, I suggest people understand the nature of what it takes to maintain and advance security of a nation.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:21:09 AM

You got gox'ed  by gox..... stay away from them if possible.

No longer any reason for people to use gox when there are now other options around.

Read an article on tech crunch the other day talking aout prices of bitcoin and it only used gox prices. It was refreshing to see the user comments full of people telling the author/site that its very irresponsible to reference gox as the price of bitcoin because more new/uneducated readers/users will end up signing up to gox and eventually get screwed over one way or another.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:22:23 AM

You do realise that is what is stands for right?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 08:36:30 AM

Googleconspiracytheories2014.mkv

If you had done enough research prior, you wouldn't be in this situation. Do not use Gox.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:47:59 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 09:10:30 AM by TheIrishman

Every time some kid tries to take potshots at NSA, I wonder if they consider how much effort and competence it has taken for a single agency to run such a wide spread, global surveillance/information gathering program without being fully detected and exposed for what is estimated to be at least 10 years.

If they control Gox (makes sense, start it off of US territory, under American 'private ownership', etc), then my hats off to them.

The most effective form of intelligence operation is one that is competent, all-encompassing, and most of all, secret. I suppose it doesn't occur to people that the reason public never hears about successes of intelligence operations is because when they are successful, they maintain their secrecy.

Many such organizations take perverse pride in knowing that their successes never see the light of day, precisely because they are successful and therefore kept a secret.

Fuck they don't even list the names of intelligence star recipients on the wall in Langley.

Before being afraid of NSA or bitching about CIA, I suggest people understand the nature of what it takes to maintain and advance security of a nation.

It's surely easier to be "competent" to remain under the radar when you have a secret court backing you up, giving you illegal/unconstitutional powers to intimidate and force public and private institutions and companies to comply with your "Big Brother" practices, most of which not even the individuals elected to legitimately govern the country are aware of. In other words:

FUCK YOU

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:07:09 AM

Google Authenticator uses an open source algorithm. There are alternative implementations that work just as well. The Google app is just the most well known implementation of this one-time-password algorithm, which is why it's often called Google Authenticator.
This. e.g http://gauth.apps.gbraad.nl/ is great.
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:37:35 AM

My god, this forum has gone to shit.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
rat

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:06:51 AM

for real.
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:40:13 AM

do not use mtgox, send your btc to me I will give you back 4 times your money in a months. Yes, sure. At least more probable the  having money back from MtscamGox.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 10:54:05 AM

do not use mtgox, send your btc to me I will give you back 4 times your money in a months. Yes, sure. At least more probable the  having money back from MtscamGox.
1st sentance looks like a scam attempt, 3rd one makes a valid point.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:15:00 AM

It's surely easier to be "competent" to remain under the radar when you have a secret court backing you up, giving you illegal/unconstitutional powers to intimidate and force public and private institutions and companies to comply with your "Big Brother" practices, most of which not even the individuals elected to legitimately govern the country are aware of. In other words:

FUCK YOU

LOL you got so bitchy you had to come groveling into someone's rep thread to talk shit Smiley

Fuck off.
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:21:48 AM

I am sorry you lost me there. Can you provide any links which shows Google is NSA. Also a lot of sites uses Google Authenticator. Even btc-e use it.So is BTC-e also own by the NSA? And they are Russian.  Huh
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:20:35 PM

Wow... OP is a clueless jerk. Just because you randomly think something, it doesn't make it true.

Look at RFC6238, but perhaps you won't because facts just cloud your opinions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_One-time_Password_Algorithm

I agree that you should stay well clear of Gox, but not for this reason.

Ignored
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: